• Feb 16th, 2019 8:55 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 5, 2012
331 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto

TD ATM Forced Deposit

I went to deposit cash today. I didn’t count it but it’s below $300 last time I counted. I always make cash deposits on ATM, I always count them. Just tonight I didn’t bother because it was a bunch of $5 and $10 bills, I just trusted the machine. Then the machine says one of the bills cannot be returned and asked mo to enter the amount I deposited. I try to cancel it, but it won’t.

My question is, will the bank be able to correct my deposit? I entered $300, that’s more than the money I put in. I’m afraid ‘cause if I enter less they might not add what’s missing. Eyeballing the cash I put in, it might be $240 or $290 if there’s a $50 bill there.

Anyone experienced this before? I hope the bank don’t screw up correcting this. Like I did.
2 replies
Sep 29, 2014
561 posts
176 upvotes
GTA
Contact the bank, they will ask you what time and which ATM you used and what the problem was.

Eventually someone will count the physical money in the ATM and any flagged accounts will be corrected and everyone will be happy.
[OP]
Nov 5, 2012
331 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
D50M83 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 8:35 pm
Contact the bank, they will ask you what time and which ATM you used and what the problem was.

Eventually someone will count the physical money in the ATM and any flagged accounts will be corrected and everyone will be happy.
Yes my wife told me the same thing. I will just go to the bank tomorrow and show them the receipt. I’m just a little worried ‘cause I don’t know how much exactly I deposited, but as long as they counted and they say it’s above $200, that’s fine. But if it’s below that, I don’t know what to do then, how likely is that to happen? That they make a mistake.