• Nov 19th, 2019 11:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11181 posts
7738 upvotes
South Pole

[TD Bank] Cashback Infinite - 10%/$2k in 90 days + FYF

For the RFDers who are not avid credit card enthusiasts, please find acronyms here. RFD CC's and videogames threads are known to be loaded with acronyms, so it's a good idea to get familiar with the acronyms if following CC deals.

TD Cashback Infinite (TD CBI) now hit an arguably historical high on its intro offer. Not only first year free, but also 10%/everything on $2k within 90 days. That's a womping $200 cashback on that $2k, that can be redeemed any time. Looks like they're matching BNS this time.

Note that all TD CT VISA Inf cards are min $5k CL

TD FCT previous offer (FYF +80k pts) extended to September 3rd. TD API new promo also until September 3rd, still FYF but WB dropped to 25k pts.

For those who downvote or think this isn't a good deal...
  1. TD CT is known for making advertised offer on this card as "online only", with a lesser offer via phone...not the case this time. Product switch one of your existing cards and skip the hard pull
  2. Compared to BNS MI...TD CT is a much more pleasant issuer to deal with. The card includes roadside assistance (TD Auto Club). While likely not as good as CT roadside gold, it's better than HomeTrust Preferred roadside assistance. BNS doesn't offer roadside. After the welcome bonus, even if you drawer the card, you still benefit from roadside. Some have posted that they haven't received statement credit yet for BNS MI welcome bonus. With TD CT, cash out any time, minimum $25
  3. Last comparison to BNS...is your time worth money's? One branch visit to TD CT to establish footprint, then never go back. Do everything by phone. BNS will troll you into branch for almost anything, and no WB on PS at BNS
Last edited by titaniumtux on Jul 20th, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Thread Summary
Link to TD chequing account $300 WB offer here.
I have the TD Cash Back Visa that I never use, wondering if I'm able to switch that. My CL is pretty low.
Min $5k CL for Inf cards at TD CT.
835 replies
May 3, 2016
402 posts
250 upvotes
Welcome Bonus: Earn 10% in Cash Back Dollars on all purchases for the first 3 months2 up to a total spend of $2,000. Plus, don't pay the annual fee2 for the first year. Conditions apply. Offer ends September 20, 2019

Only $2000 spend when I click? Max $200

This is less than 6% with $3500 . . . $210
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11181 posts
7738 upvotes
South Pole
headleygrange wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 6:53 am
I see max 2k ?
saad29 wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 6:56 am
Welcome Bonus: Earn 10% in Cash Back Dollars on all purchases for the first 3 months2 up to a total spend of $2,000. Plus, don't pay the annual fee2 for the first year. Conditions apply. Offer ends September 20, 2019

Only $2000 spend when I click? Max $200

This is less than 6% with $3500 . . . $210
Ya just saw that, OP updated.

Used to be $3.5k. Still not a bad offer.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Apr 14, 2006
249 posts
101 upvotes
St Johns
Thanks OP, already have this card, but, personally I need more than $200 to trigger the 'new card' desire.
The good news is that TD is trying to wake up.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1590 posts
685 upvotes
Can you get this offer with a product switch, or new applications only?
Oct 13, 2017
150 posts
224 upvotes
Halifax
bubak wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 7:46 am
Based on my experience with TD in the past, they seem to allow product switch to benefit from the welcome bonus as long as you have not applied for this card in the past six months - good luck !
Last edited by SavvyShopperCa on Jun 3rd, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11181 posts
7738 upvotes
South Pole
bubak wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 7:46 am
SavvyShopperCa wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 7:55 am

Based on my experience with TD in the past, they seem to allow product switch to benefit from the welcome bonus as long as you have not applied for this car in the past six months - good luck !
I think luck is on our side. The offer does not say online only. I will attempt to product switch one of my hatchers to the CBI. I'm also planning to downgrade my current CBI to dodge AF.

Edit: success!
Last edited by titaniumtux on Jun 3rd, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4221 posts
1922 upvotes
Wow, TD FCT was worse than before. You have to spend more ($2K) but only get 60K, The last 20K you need to keep the card for the whole year, spend $10K total for the whole year and pay the annual fee in order to get 20K more?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11181 posts
7738 upvotes
South Pole
mkl38s wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 7:59 am
Wow, TD FCT was worse than before. You have to spend more ($2K) but only get 60K, The last 20K you need to keep the card for the whole year, spend $10K total for the whole year and pay the annual fee in order to get 20K more?
I expected them to devalue the WB's on FCT and API. The upside is that the offers are not online only, and they still offer FYF. Basically, for churning, FCT is now 60k WB. That's still better than 40-50k, and still get FYF.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16642 posts
8988 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mkl38s wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 7:59 am
News flash!
1. CC bonuses don't always get better and better than the previous one.
2. Sometimes a "deal" is a real steal of a deal or better than the usual deal.
3. Ya snooze, ya lose -- at least until a better promo comes along.

If you don't like this deal then take your chances after Sept 3rd. The new deal could be better. It could also be worse.
veni, vidi, Visa
May 25, 2019
127 posts
77 upvotes
Can you get this bonus if you already have the basic TD Visa cash back card?
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
5 upvotes
I just product switched a week ago for the 6%. Haven't got the new card yet. Do you think they'll honour the 10%?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16642 posts
8988 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rfd108 wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 8:31 am
I just product switched a week ago for the 6%. Haven't got the new card yet. Do you think they'll honour the 10%?
Just call them and ask.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)