• Dec 16th, 2010 9:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43712 posts
6942 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain

TD bank. Change counter

I went to a TD bank the other day with a bunch of roller up coins... They told me that i didnt need to roll these up anymore and pointed to a machine in the back.

Apparently they have a machine that counts your change and deposits it into your account with no commission fee :-0
Is this @ all TD banks or is it only at select locations?

If this is only for select branches... Feel free to post the branches where you've seen this machine

-Toronto. Coxwell and danforth location.
-Toronto. York Mills and Leslie TD.
-Burlington. Appleby and Rebecca
60 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
3286 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
This is currently a pilot in select branches in the GTA. The idea was taken from Commerce Bank in the US whom they recently acquired.

Don't you work for RBC? :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5274 posts
3855 upvotes
Edmonton
Sounds like urbanpoet has been washing windows on the corner of boundary/grandview again............
Jul 27, 2006
678 posts
10 upvotes
That's great news. I hope they expand the project.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
3286 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
83_gemini wrote: That's great news. I hope they expand the project.
They'll be in every branch eventually. It's a great way to draw people in.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1979 posts
415 upvotes
Burlington
The branch at Appleby and Rebecca in Burlington has one too.

I went to the one across the street from Oakville place one night while I was in the area to get rid of my change (the one in Burlington was out of order that morning because it was full) and the teller pointed me towards a Dominion!

I've put quite a few coins into it already.

Before i knew the thing existed I went into the branch with a machine with rolled coins and non-rolled coins. I deposited the rolled and some of the non-rolled and the teller didn't even point me to the machine. (which would have made is life easier.) I just happened to see the machine on the way out.

And we had onions tied to our belts and told stories that didn't go anywhere!
</Grandpa Simpson rambling>
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1979 posts
415 upvotes
Burlington
angel_wing0 wrote: i have seen a couple of those machines at rcss, thou they give u dollar bills i think
Many of the ones in grocery stories give you a slip of paper to spend or exchange with a cashier and charge like a 10% fee.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3264 posts
130 upvotes
i never new about this. i'll have to ask if the branch near me has one. is there any kind of a list that specifies which branches offer this?
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19211 posts
1700 upvotes
Wow they should post the list of branches that offer this on their website and advertise it like crazy. Everyone hates dealing with loose change this would be a big customer draw.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Mar 23, 2004
42064 posts
8122 upvotes
Markham
brunes wrote: Wow they should post the list of branches that offer this on their website and advertise it like crazy. Everyone hates dealing with loose change this would be a big customer draw.
i HATE loose change, and thats why i always use my credit card (or debit card if they dont take credit)...else i wont bother unless it's something i really need/want.
Feb 17, 2004
249 posts
54 upvotes
monty613 wrote: This is currently a pilot in select branches in the GTA. The idea was taken from Commerce Bank in the US whom they recently acquired.
\

I got rid of a huge bag of US coins at a Commerce Bank in the states last year. Although it seemed like it was targeted at kids (it offered $1 if you guessed the value of your coins correctly using a little cartoon character on the screen) anyone could use it - fee free! I have to admit, it was a little embarassing pouring in all the change into the machine as it churned and rattled away in the otherwise silent bank as "regular" customers conducted their normal business :lol: . Can't wait till one shows up at my TD bank - hopefully fee free too.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2004
1009 posts
124 upvotes
Does anyone know any branches around Bayview/Finch area that has this? I don't want to travel so far just for this. LOL.