Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

Get 300$ by opening a new eligible TD Chequing Account

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2018 5:33 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2018
1023 posts
940 upvotes

[TD Bank] Get 300$ by opening a new eligible TD Chequing Account

TD's Offer is back. The $300 offer is available to new TD chequing account customers only.

Here’s how to get your $300
Step 1: Open a new TD Unlimited Chequing Account or TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan by September 13, 2018.
Step 2: Get your TD chequing account working for you by completing any two of the following with your new account:
-Recurring Direct Deposit
-Online Bill Payment
-Recurring Pre-Authorized Debit
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Individuals who:
(i) Already have a TD chequing account or Youth Account or had either one of these accounts that was closed on or after May 24, 2017; or
(ii) Received any chequing account offer from TD in 2015, 2016 or 2017; or
(iii) Are TD staff members or joint with a TD staff member,
are not eligible for the $300 cash offer.

Crying Face
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Still waiting for my $300 from a targetted offer via email I got in April.

Perhaps double dip and take the chq account via small business as well for another $300? Haven't entertained that yet but if you just can't get enough of TD CT Thinking Face
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
May 3, 2018
36 posts
19 upvotes
Me and my wife have a joint checking account. Do I qualify if a open an individual account?
Sep 11, 2011
830 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
Which of these banks have the best mobile app and website? Interested in switching for one of these offers
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1149 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
When did they do the free tablets? 2015?
Mar 27, 2018
76 posts
66 upvotes
fwaangru wrote: Me and my wife have a joint checking account. Do I qualify if a open an individual account?
Individuals who:
(i) Already have a TD chequing account or Youth Account or had either one of these accounts that was closed on or after May 24, 2017; or

For any New Account that is a joint account, at least one accountholder on the New Account must meet the eligibility requirements.

Since you already have an active TD chequing account, you are not eligible. However, if you open a new joint account with a customer who does not have a TD chequing, that individual would be eligible for this offer.
Mar 27, 2018
76 posts
66 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote: When did they do the free tablets? 2015?
2015 was the last year TD offered a Samsung tablet with the New Account promotion.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1149 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
nick127 wrote: 2015 was the last year TD offered a Samsung tablet with the New Account promotion.
thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2018
1023 posts
940 upvotes
PedleZelnip wrote: $15.95 per month?! Fughetaboutit.
Would be waived if you maintain 4000 balance and after getting 300 downgrade to a minimum chq account with a fee of $3.95 per month
Jun 22, 2006
354 posts
59 upvotes
srz5095 wrote: Would be waived if you maintain 4000 balance and after getting 300 downgrade to a minimum chq account with a fee of $3.95 per month
Or you could open an account at CIBC, get the same $300 and pay only $5 a month, which would be waived if you deposit $3k. Seems like a better deal to me.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2018
1023 posts
940 upvotes
PedleZelnip wrote: Or you could open an account at CIBC, get the same $300 and pay only $5 a month, which would be waived if you deposit $3k. Seems like a better deal to me.
Sounds a good deal, only difference is for CIBC you have to keep the account open for one year whereas in TD there is no such restriction

CIBC:
"The Cash Reward is subject to the condition (the “Reward
Condition”) that the Eligible Client’s Chequing Account must remain open, active and unconverted for at least
one (1) calendar year from the month-end of the month during which the Account was opened"
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2018
1023 posts
940 upvotes
PedleZelnip wrote: Or you could open an account at CIBC, get the same $300 and pay only $5 a month, which would be waived if you deposit $3k. Seems like a better deal to me.
So if i don't keep any money in the bank account, i will have to pay 12*5=60 for one year and will be getting 300 Bonus
Nov 13, 2009
786 posts
197 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
srz5095 wrote: Sounds a good deal, only difference is for CIBC you have to keep the account open for one year whereas in TD there is no such restriction

CIBC:
"The Cash Reward is subject to the condition (the “Reward
Condition”) that the Eligible Client’s Chequing Account must remain open, active and unconverted for at least
one (1) calendar year from the month-end of the month during which the Account was opened"
I'm betting, knowing TD like I do, there is some sort of "condition" somewhere in their mumble jumble
Jul 1, 2009
531 posts
430 upvotes
Calgary
srz5095 wrote: Would be waived if you maintain 4000 balance and after getting 300 downgrade to a minimum chq account with a fee of $3.95 per month
Why not just close your account once you get the 300?
Feb 18, 2015
93 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
The terms don't seem to have restrictions on that. Only that it has to be open when $300 is deposited.
Copying the terms herw. Interesting point on recurring direct deposit, that it is up to them to decide which such deposit is eligible, so the Tangerine method that works with the CIBC offer may not work here. Still, I'll take it.

The $300 cash offer is available to Canadian residents that are the age of majority on September 13, 2018 in their province or territory who:

(a) Open a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan or a TD Unlimited Chequing Account between May 24, 2018 and September 13, 2018 (the “New Account”), and

(b) Complete any two of the following with the New Account:
(1) Set up a Recurring Direct Deposit from their employer, pension provider or the Government with the first deposit posted to the New Account before November 15, 2018;
(2) Make an Online Bill Payment through EasyWeb or the TD app, minimum $50 if paying a Canadian bill, or US$50 if paying a U.S. bill before November 15, 2018; or
(3) Set up a Recurring Pre-authorized Debit, minimum $50 with the first pre-authorized debit posted to the New Account before November 15, 2018.

Whether or not a Recurring Direct Deposit is acceptable for this offer is subject to our approval.

Individuals who:

For any New Account that is a joint account, at least one accountholder on the New Account must meet the eligibility requirements. Limit of one $300 cash offer per customer per New Account. The New Account must still be open, in good standing, with all conditions continuing to be met when the $300 is deposited to the New Account. The monthly fee for the New Account cannot have been waived or rebated for any reason, other than maintaining the minimum monthly balance or receiving a seniors' rebate, and the type of account cannot have changed, before the $300 is deposited to the New Account. The $300 will be deposited to the New Account within 8 weeks after all conditions have been met. We can change, extend or withdraw the $300 cash offer at any time, and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount for the same product. All amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted. Other conditions may apply
Patience
May 13, 2013
367 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
According to the advisor who I spoke with, you only need to keep it open until it deposits into your account (~8 weeks from once you qualify and meet the conditions). Thus, it's a relatively quick turnaround and then you can downgrade or take your money out. Easy money, if you haven't participated in any previous promos before in the last 3 years. You can go in and ask if you're eligible.