Tags:
[OP]
Jul 18, 2012
55 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver

TD bank medallion garantee

Hi,
I am not sure if anyone can help me here but i thought someone might. My father passed away and i am the executor and trying to transfer the stock that my father had in computershare into my mom's account but the form need Medallion Guarantee stamp and when i ask them they tell me yeah TD canada trust should be able to give you that but i went to two branches in north Vancouver and they are not gonna do it . they only do it when i want to transfer the stock to TD but i can't do that before transferring the stocks to my moms name first. So i am not sure what are my options. They don't accept my lawyers signature. They also told me BMO and Scotia does that but i don't have account with them. I can try to transfer my money out from TD to there and see if they do it for me but again i am not sure they do it because i would be a new customer. So i want to see if anyone have any idea where i can get this stamp from. This became a big headache for me i would appreciate any help
5 replies
Nov 15, 2011
73 posts
37 upvotes
SW Ontario
Always a headache trying to get a Medallion stamp. Not much use to you, but I used an RBC branch in Guelph. Took me a lot of phone calls before I got a person who understood what I was looking for.

Call around your local branches. You really need to be calling FIs you have an account with.

Good luck.
Jan 7, 2019
305 posts
282 upvotes
Bank medallion is offered through RBC DS and they usually only help their own clients.
Remember to always Thumbs Up good responses! Spread positively.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1572 posts
685 upvotes
Canada
Frozen1 wrote: Hi,
I am not sure if anyone can help me here but i thought someone might. My father passed away and i am the executor and trying to transfer the stock that my father had in computershare into my mom's account but the form need Medallion Guarantee stamp and when i ask them they tell me yeah TD canada trust should be able to give you that but i went to two branches in north Vancouver and they are not gonna do it . they only do it when i want to transfer the stock to TD but i can't do that before transferring the stocks to my moms name first. So i am not sure what are my options. They don't accept my lawyers signature. They also told me BMO and Scotia does that but i don't have account with them. I can try to transfer my money out from TD to there and see if they do it for me but again i am not sure they do it because i would be a new customer. So i want to see if anyone have any idea where i can get this stamp from. This became a big headache for me i would appreciate any help
Not every branch is capable of offering that service - you can look up bank branches that offer the service below:
http://www.msglookup.com/index.html
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2471 posts
602 upvotes
I'm an expert at this and have been sourced in many magazines about this

Ask TD ot an bank you bank with for a stamp that says

Signature guarentee. That will work as well
Feb 9, 2018
378 posts
276 upvotes
Frozen1 wrote: Hi,
You should be able to get a signature guarantee with TD and that should work alright for share transfer with Computershare. I did that in 2018 and start of 2019 so I assume process is still same. Only a bank branch manager or an authorized person at branch can do that. Try to speak to a TD branch manager about signature guarantee. Medallion should not be required for this.