35 replies
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
447 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Gee wrote: Capture.PNG

I didn't know TD was so progressive
They've had that image as part of rotation for at least a few months now . But yes I was very happy to see the progress we are slowly making
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10019 posts
1494 upvotes
Uh ok. TD has always been VERY LGBT friendly.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
3665 posts
1408 upvotes
Pride Toronto itself is sponsored by TD Bank.

[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32603 posts
6372 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I guess I have been living under a rock.

I thought all banks were conservative.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7514 posts
2609 upvotes
I don't see why this is worthy of a thread.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1587 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
This isnt TD being socially progressive. This is TD bank realizing that they have an opportunity to target a very affluent relatively untapped market. Buying themselves social brownie points is secondary to the potential profits that they are trying to generate from this demographic.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8027 posts
1575 upvotes
I wish they were so progressive on the MER and transfer rates.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10019 posts
1494 upvotes
gqbluez wrote: This isnt TD being socially progressive. This is TD bank realizing that they have an opportunity to target a very affluent relatively untapped market. Buying themselves social brownie points is secondary to the potential profits that they are trying to generate from this demographic.
From what I gather with the dozen TD employees I know, this extends well into the actual company and not just propaganda.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7031 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
Rumor is that the 2 most progressive banks, Scotia and TD, are going to merge to form a super progressive bank known as STD
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43389 posts
6625 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
speedyforme wrote: From what I gather with the dozen TD employees I know, this extends well into the actual company and not just propaganda.
So they can bring in more gays in order to help promote products to lgbt communities >=]

J/k.
I do notice big banks always have high standards (or at least try) when it comes to diversity.
They make you do this code of ethics thing every year... and it involves diversity towards visible minorities and gays. Then they email you all these videos with nice music.

Actually... the music sounds evil and scary when theres a guy being racist or homophobic... when the racist guy gets in trouble from hr (who happens to be a gay black guy) the racist is fired! Thats when the music is happy again.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10019 posts
1494 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: So they can bring in more gays in order to help promote products to lgbt communities >=]

J/k.
I do notice big banks always have high standards (or at least try) when it comes to diversity.
They make you do this code of ethics thing every year... and it involves diversity towards visible minorities and gays. Then they email you all these videos with nice music.

Actually... the music sounds evil and scary when theres a guy being racist or homophobic... when the racist guy gets in trouble from hr (who happens to be a gay black guy) the racist is fired! Thats when the music is happy again.
LOL I'd like to think most companies do this.

We do this every year at my office. Code of Ethics, Harassment, Cyber Security, Safe Winter Driving and quarterly safety meetings/training to all staff at head office.