Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] Targetted Get a one‑time deposit of $5 when you shop online using the Visa Debit feature on your TD Access Card

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3049 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[TD Bank] Targetted Get a one‑time deposit of $5 when you shop online using the Visa Debit feature on your TD Access Card

Didn't see this posted yet. Got an email about the offer so YMMV. Check your emails.

I haven't tried using it yet. Don't see if there is a minimum purchase required.

Until February 14, 2018, get a one‑time deposit of $5¹ when you shop online using the Visa Debit feature on your TD Access Card.

Get $5 deposited into your account when you shop online with your TD Access Card for the first time. Offer expires February 14, 2018.
To take advantage of this offer, use your TD Access Card with Visa Debit to shop online now. Here’s how:

1 Select something to purchase and choose Visa Debit or Visa as the card type at checkout.²
2 Enter your TD Access Card number, expiry date and three-digit security code found on the back of your card, or follow the webpage prompts.
3 Enter your name, billing and shipping information as required to process the transaction.
Start shopping online today and enjoy the convenience, security and freedom that your TD Access Card with Visa Debit offers.

* Fine Print

¹ One (1) $5 credit will be automatically applied to the TD Canada Trust bank account from which the first eligible Visa Debit online transaction is made. Offer applies to Visa Debit online purchases/transactions completed between 12:01 a.m. on February 1, 2018, and 11:59 p.m. on February 14, 2018. Credit will be processed up to 6 weeks after offer expiry date, provided the account has not been closed. Limit of one credit per customer. Credit will be automatically earned and applied if purchase is made in accordance with these offer terms and conditions. Customers will not receive any other notification of the credit. This is a targeted offer, applicable only to TD customers who are recipients of this targeted message, and cannot be transferred. TD Canada Trust reserves the right to amend or cancel the offer at any time.

² Choose Visa Debit for online Canadian merchants.

³ Visa Zero Liability applies to all online and international transactions. Should your TD Access Card become compromised, you will not be held liable as long as you have met your obligations as outlined in the Cardholder and Electronic Financial Services Terms and Conditions. You are automatically protected – and no additional sign-up is required.
Last edited by carmageddon on Feb 1st, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
25 replies
Apr 5, 2010
405 posts
120 upvotes
Mississauga
Isn't this dangerous since with credit card you can dispute transactions for fraud how will you dispute all your money from checking going missing?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3049 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dealixious wrote: Isn't this dangerous since with credit card you can dispute transactions for fraud how will you dispute all your money from checking going missing?
Well i don't see a minimum purchase amount. Maybe buy something cheap from a reliable website ?

Edit: found this in the email as well

Visa Zero Liability applies to all online and international transactions. Should your TD Access Card become compromised, you will not be held liable as long as you have met your obligations as outlined in the Cardholder and Electronic Financial Services Terms and Conditions. You are automatically protected – and no additional sign-up is required.
Feb 4, 2017
128 posts
90 upvotes
I got this email as well. Just reloaded $5 to my Amazon account using the Visa debit card. I'll try to remember to post an update here if I get the credit applied or not.
Apr 24, 2011
53 posts
24 upvotes
SURREY
Hi RFD,

I just received an email from TD that they will deposit $5 into my account if a purchase is made before Feb 14th using Visa Debit.

This is a targeted offer so make sure to check your email to see if you qualify for the offer.

I included the screenshots from the email.
Happy shopping!
Images
  • upload.png
  • upload.jpg
May 12, 2014
208 posts
72 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Just thinking where should I dispose off a dollar online to get $5 :) . May be buy some $0.99 stuff from ebay using TD Debit card.

Any suggestions?
Jan 13, 2018
90 posts
56 upvotes
Go on gear best and buy something for 30 cents and free unregistered shipping
Oct 7, 2015
553 posts
456 upvotes
Vanier, ON
can I just pay a $1 bill via paytm?
May 13, 2011
115 posts
48 upvotes
Scarborough
So just like etgohomeok, I can purchase a $1 Amazon GC to myself and it should count as an eligible transaction for the $5 reward?
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3431 posts
802 upvotes
I seem to be absent minded as I age... I keep misplacing things, forgetting things, dropping things, to HELL with TAP, see people using other peoples cards almost on the daily...
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4297 posts
2849 upvotes
Anyone know if this is targeted or open to all TD customers?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1904 posts
1460 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Anyone know if this is targeted or open to all TD customers?
The first word in the thread title says YMMV
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4297 posts
2849 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: The first word in the thread title says YMMV
I read that, but to me that means, "I don't know if it's targeted or not". I'm looking for confirmation one way or the other.
Mar 3, 2015
16 posts
13 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
This is targeted. I got the same offer a few months ago. That said, I received another offer yesterday, get $5 when you use Interac Flash, no minimum spend. My guess is they're trying to get people using their debit cards again.
May 12, 2014
208 posts
72 upvotes
Brampton, ON
x8ssJoe wrote: can I just pay a $1 bill via paytm?
Unfortunately Paytm doesn't support Visa or Visa debit card as payment method.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2262 posts
1342 upvotes
GTA
ammikei wrote: This is targeted. I got the same offer a few months ago. That said, I received another offer yesterday, get $5 when you use Interac Flash, no minimum spend. My guess is they're trying to get people using their debit cards again.
I have not gotten any of these emails/mails Smiling Face With Horns
¸

- - - - -
;)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3049 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SizzleChest wrote: I read that, but to me that means, "I don't know if it's targeted or not". I'm looking for confirmation one way or the other.
It's there in the fine print of the OP:

* Fine Print

¹ One (1) $5 credit will be automatically applied to the TD Canada Trust bank account from which the first eligible Visa Debit online transaction is made. Offer applies to Visa Debit online purchases/transactions completed between 12:01 a.m. on February 1, 2018, and 11:59 p.m. on February 14, 2018. Credit will be processed up to 6 weeks after offer expiry date, provided the account has not been closed. Limit of one credit per customer. Credit will be automatically earned and applied if purchase is made in accordance with these offer terms and conditions. Customers will not receive any other notification of the credit. This is a targeted offer, applicable only to TD customers who are recipients of this targeted message, and cannot be transferred. TD Canada Trust reserves the right to amend or cancel the offer at any time.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2246 posts
1661 upvotes
Darn it.... I didn't get a email either, would love a free $5 without doing much!