Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD Chequing Account - $300 Chequing offer

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 2:23 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 8, 2020
58 posts
72 upvotes

[TD Bank] TD Chequing Account - $300 Chequing offer

Open a TD Unlimited Chequing Account or a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan by September 8, 2020, and you could get $300

Here's how to get your $300:
Step 1: Open an account online
Start by opening a TD Unlimited Chequing Account or a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan between July 6, 2020 and September 8, 2020

Step 2: Complete 2 of the following
Complete a transaction through any two of the following services with your new TD chequing account by November 3, 2020

-Recurring Direct Deposit
Set up a recurring direct deposit from your employer, pension provider or the Government with the first deposit posted before November 3, 2020.

-Recurring Pre-Authorized Debit Payments
Set up a recurring Pre-Authorized Debit payment of at least $50, with the first pre-authorized debit posted before November 3, 2020

-Make an Online Bill Payment
Pay a Canadian bill of at least $50 through EasyWeb or the TD app2 before November 3, 2020

Eligibility: Offer available to Canadian residents without an existing TD chequing account. Other eligibility conditions apply .

The following are not eligible for the $300 cash offer:
-Customers who already have a TD chequing account or TD Youth Account or had either one of these accounts that was closed on or after July 6, 2019; or
-Received any chequing account offer from TD in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020; or
-TD staff members or a joint account with a TD staff member.

For any New Account that is a joint account, at least one account holder on the New Account must meet the eligibility requirements. Limit of one $300 cash offer per customer per New Account.
Last edited by Andanzas on Sep 15th, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
124 replies
Newbie
May 23, 2020
49 posts
42 upvotes
Finally TD is joining the party! RBC is the only one without promo now.
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 8, 2020
58 posts
72 upvotes
Yeah! I was waiting for that TD offer.
RBC is removing my Student Bundle and without a mortgage, they won't waive my fees (I hate that multi-product thing, half of the products (credit cards and Mortgage) are there so RBC can potentially collect interest).
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 8, 2020
58 posts
72 upvotes
saberon2016 wrote: Looks like only 1 PAD is needed 1 time? Or am I misunderstanding? And it doesn't seem like there's a requirement to keep the account open for X amount of months.
The $300 will be deposited to the New Account within 12 weeks after all conditions have been met, provided that the New Account is still open, in good standing, with all conditions continuing to be met.

I guess once the 300$ is in your account, it should be good. That's how I read it. So max 12 weeks after the conditions have been met, you should be good to close it if you want to
Sr. Member
Jun 19, 2015
736 posts
649 upvotes
Andanzas wrote: The $300 will be deposited to the New Account within 12 weeks after all conditions have been met, provided that the New Account is still open, in good standing, with all conditions continuing to be met.

I guess once the 300$ is in your account, it should be good. That's how I read it. So max 12 weeks after the conditions have been met, you should be good to close it if you want to
Yeah the fine print wasn't clear, but I guess it's best to keep the PAD coming out until the $300 is in my pocket.
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 8, 2020
58 posts
72 upvotes
bubbleT wrote: Finally TD is joining the party! RBC is the only one without promo now.
RBC has an offer for free airpods!
Member
Dec 24, 2018
484 posts
458 upvotes
Canada
Andanzas wrote: RBC has an offer for free airpods!
hot if AirPods Pro, and ice cold if regular AirPods.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1273 posts
521 upvotes
I closed my account Nov last year. Will have to wait until the next promo.
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 8, 2020
58 posts
72 upvotes
I have a question, I've never participated to one of those promotion before.
What is a PAD? I am wondering what type of transfer is considered a PAD? Where does it need to go? Any exemple of simple PAD?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7453 posts
4934 upvotes
Canada
Andanzas wrote: I have a question, I've never participated to one of those promotion before.
What is a PAD? I am wondering what type of transfer is considered a PAD? Where does it need to go? Any exemple of simple PAD?
A pre authorized payment. Can be your Internet or phone bill, car loan, student loan, credit card, utility bill, mortgage etc. Payment is automatically withdrawn from your bank account each month.

For example with Telus it is very easy to setup online. Log in to your account, there is a link to setup PAD. Enter your bank information and Telus will automatically withdraw the bill payment from your bank account every month.

Some allow PAD to be setup online easily (like Telus). Others require you to fill out a form and send it in.

Eg. Freedom mobile PAD form https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... -NIXD-ieMI
Newbie
Feb 12, 2014
51 posts
25 upvotes
Do you need to bring in $4000 cash during the initial opening appointment in order to waive fee?

Will they take a cheque?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2009
1922 posts
402 upvotes
Nova Scotia
pigeonholed wrote: Do you need to bring in $4000 cash during the initial opening appointment in order to waive fee?

Will they take a cheque?
Yes.
Newbie
Feb 12, 2014
51 posts
25 upvotes
Sorry, but they'll take the cheque and waive the first monthly fee?

or,

They'll take the cheque (wait for it to clear) and then I still need to pay the first month's fee?
Sr. Member
Jun 19, 2015
736 posts
649 upvotes
pigeonholed wrote: Sorry, but they'll take the cheque and waive the first monthly fee?

or,

They'll take the cheque (wait for it to clear) and then I still need to pay the first month's fee?
Bring $4,000 on the day the account is opened and there'll be no fee for the first month

Top