Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

TD Chequing Account - Summer Promotion $300

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2018 10:57 pm
Oct 23, 2018
106 posts
30 upvotes
My own account:

Account opened on Oct 26
Paid credit card bill of $50.01 on Oct 26
PAD to Tangerine savings account of $100 on Nov 1
Bonus paid on Nov 14

Partner's account:

Account opened on Oct 30
Paid credit card bill of $60.01 on Oct 31
PAD to Tangerine savings account of $100 on Nov 5
Bonus paid on Nov 16

Easy money, going to close the accounts now and get the money over to HSBC to get the last of the current good round of chequing account promos - it will be tied up for 15 months but still a good return.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
dontelother wrote: I opened the account on Oct 19, 2018.
Paid one Credit Card bill on Oct 29, 2018
PAD on Nov 02, 2018

Received the bonus on Nov 14, 2018. This is the easiest welcome bonus I received so far. BTW I am keeping this account as I need safety deposit box and Infinity Cashback card. I am also using Scotia Momentum Cashback but from the next year, I need to pay the yearly fee. So why not using this All inclusive account.

Is there any better deal for safety deposit box and this type of premium card together? Please advise.
If you're looking for a big bank combo, the AI chq account and the TD CBI is not bad. But... de-bundle and save.
  1. combine CTFS and Mogo for maximum cashback. Grocery and gas? Get gift cards on EbatesGiftCards. Now you're beating the game. No cap, no AF. Just unlimited cashback at amazing rates. CTFS ∆ WE will also get you better roadside assistance.
  2. You could easily get 3+% interest on that $5k parked elsewhere. 3% of $5k is $150. Shop around for safety deposit boxes. Maybe a credit union may be cheaper. Also factor in the size you'd like.

I have TD CBI myself (for now). I do love the card. But I rather not rely on a premium card with AF for its accelerators or benefits.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
May 14, 2018
951 posts
231 upvotes
Ontario
titaniumtux wrote: If you're looking for a big bank combo, the AI chq account and the TD CBI is not bad. But... de-bundle and save.
  1. combine CTFS and Mogo for maximum cashback. Grocery and gas? Get gift cards on EbatesGiftCards. Now you're beating the game. No cap, no AF. Just unlimited cashback at amazing rates. CTFS ∆ WE will also get you better roadside assistance.
  2. You could easily get 3+% interest on that $5k parked elsewhere. 3% of $5k is $150. Shop around for safety deposit boxes. Maybe a credit union may be cheaper. Also factor in the size you'd like.

I have TD CBI myself (for now). I do love the card. But I rather not rely on a premium card with AF for its accelerators or benefits.
Thanks for the detailed info. I haven't checked the small banks and other credit unions... what I calculated If I need to get good cash back credit card I need to pay the yearly fee. Currently, I have the scotia momentum visa infinite as well. But 1st year free and from the next year I need to pay $99 as yearly fee and I need to have a safety deposit box as well which will cost me around $60 (if I take the small one). So, the minimum cost will be at least $160. So why not parking the $5K in the account have all the benefits... Cheque book, draft etc all other facilities. Currently, I don't have the car and no costing in gas. Most of the thing pay in grocery and in Costo. I am looking for a good return mastercard BTW.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
dontelother wrote: Thanks for the detailed info. I haven't checked the small banks and other credit unions... what I calculated If I need to get good cash back credit card I need to pay the yearly fee. Currently, I have the scotia momentum visa infinite as well. But 1st year free and from the next year I need to pay $99 as yearly fee and I need to have a safety deposit box as well which will cost me around $60 (if I take the small one). So, the minimum cost will be at least $160. So why not parking the $5K in the account have all the benefits... Cheque book, draft etc all other facilities. Currently, I don't have the car and no costing in gas. Most of the thing pay in grocery and in Costo. I am looking for a good return mastercard BTW.
For Costco, first choice is inevitably sadly Rogers MC WE. Aside that any BMO or MBNA card that fits the slot. CTFS Cash Advantage is good once you hit the 1.5% tier, but still less than Rogers MC WE. Costco Cap1 MC is tiered so it's not the most awesome card, though many Costco members like it since the AF is the member fee anyway. If you do PayPower reloads with a 4% or 4-5x grocery card, that'll be your highest yieldby spending via PayPower at Costco. You could even do PayPower reloads with CTFS ∆ WE at 3x eCTM, no-AF and keep the grocery accelerator on Costco spend.

You get what you put into the CC game.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
May 31, 2016
2 posts
Hey everyone, I was hoping you guys could offer some insight as I've ran into some trouble receiving my welcome bonus. I received the targeted $400 offer through email and mail. My only dealing with TD to date is my TD Direct Investing account.

I opened the unlimited chequing account on October 4th. Had a chat with the rep and his branch manager, as TD is a client of my employer. They told me to reach out if I have any trouble. On Oct 15th I made a bill payment over $50. On October 30th my payroll was deposited into the TD account. The next day I called and spoke to a rep who told me I'd met all the criteria, and to expect the $400 to arrive in the next 4-5 weeks.

While reading through this thread I noticed many people said they got a email confirmation that the welcome bonus was on its way. Seeing as it had been nearly 4 weeks and no email I gave TD a call today and was told the that the tracker was saying I was not qualified to receive the bonus because:

1) I'm considered "staff" because my company does consulting for TD: This makes no sense at all, TD doesn't pay my salary and the branch manager didn't say this would be an issue. I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me he'd never heard of anyone working for my company being disqualified. I really hope this doesn't end up being the reason I get denied, because I'm about to transfer departments at work and soon I will have zero contact with TD in any form as part of my job.

2) I've had an account with TD within the last year: This is completely false because I've never banked with TD before. I was fully transparent about my TD Direct Investing account and both the phone rep and the supervisor said that would not be a disqualifying factor. They checked to ask if I'd redeemed any sort of tablet promotions when opening my DI account, which I did not.

In the end, the supervisor admitted that on his end it was not entirely clear why I was being denied. He said he'd reach out to their campaign team and call me back with either good news or a better explanation for why I won't be getting the money. I checked TD's policy for contacting the Ombudsman and you have to go through step 1 & 2 of customer care first. What I just did counts as step 1.

Any advice?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6609 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
BrentBurns wrote: Any advice?
How did you sign up your account? In branch? Can you contact the same rep for escalation?

My in branch rep checked and said I'm qualified. I have completed my requirement and almost a month now, still no welcome bonus. Unlike others who got the bonus two weeks after they completed the requirement.

I plan to escalate to my rep next month if I still don't get it
Oct 15, 2016
120 posts
149 upvotes
Does moving money(on monthly basis) to td resp count as PAD?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
adilmk wrote: Does moving money(on monthly basis) to td resp count as PAD?
Might be an internal transfer...not sure.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6609 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
ricedion wrote: I opened my account on Oct 31, and did the following:
Nov 5 - pay $50 online bill
Nov 5 - pay $50 via PAYTM
Nov 7 - pay $50 via PAYTM

Would recurring payment in 2 days considered as 'true' recurring payment?
Data point: received my targeted $400 today Nov 28
Oct 27, 2015
36 posts
19 upvotes
Kamloops
Data point:
Oct 22 - Opened account
Oct 25 - Paid $50.01 online bill (MBNA CC)
Oct 26 - PAD $50.01 (Tangerine)
Nov 9 - Based on other data points, was expecting bonus to be paid, but nope. Thought maybe the MBNA payment was counted as internal since they're owned by TD..
Nov 13 - Paid $51 online bill (RBC CC)
Nov 14 - PAD $52 via PayTM
Nov 28 - Received targeted $400
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3352 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
Damn. I just noticed that there was a $5 withdrawal fee on my savings account a month ago. Hopefully this won't be a problem. I guess I can just visit a branch to pay for it?