Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] [TD DI] Get up to $1,100 with TD Direct Investing 2020-2021 Winter Offer

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2021 4:03 pm
[OP]
May 1, 2005
265 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto

[TD Bank] [TD DI] Get up to $1,100 with TD Direct Investing 2020-2021 Winter Offer

Here's another New Account Offer from TD Direct Investing
Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.05.25 PM.png
(Copy and Paste below)
Here's how to get up to $1,100 with TD Direct Investing The award is comprised of two components.
  1. Initial Transfer Award of up to $1000

To qualify you must:
    [Open a new eligible account]
    -Open your account online using the Promo Code INVESTNOW by March 1, 2021
    [Invest & Maintain]
    -Transfer $15,000 or more into your new account in eligible investable assets ("Qualifying Assets") by April 30, 2021
    -Maintain the Qualifying Assets in your account until June 30, 2021.
    [Set a goal or place a trade]
    -Set a goal or place at least one trade in your new account by June 30, 2021
  2. Ongoing Transfer Award of $100
Bonus! Get an additional $100 if you qualify for the Initial Transfer Award and set up at least one Monthly Contribution Plan ("MCP") or Pre-Authorized Debit ("PAD") of a minimum of $100 into at least one of your New Accounts.

The first transfer must be completed by April 30, 2021.
complete offer Terms & Conditions See below

Your Cash Award

Initial Transfer Award
Tier<=> Cash Award
$15,000 to $24,999 <=> $100
$25,000 to $99,999 <=>$200
$100,000 to $249,999 <=> $300
$250,000 to $499,999 <=> $500
$500,000 or greater <=> $1,000
+$100 if you qualify for the Ongoing Transfer Award

Ready for your Cash Award?

Clients opening multiple accounts are eligible for a single award. If more than one account is opened, qualifying assets will be calculated by combining the value of the assets transferred in to each account
The award will be paid to your account(s) by August 31, 2021. Where the client's Qualifying Assets are transferred to multiple accounts, the Initial Transfer Award portion of the award will be divided and deposited to each account in proportion to the value of the Qualifying Assets transferred into each account.
To receive a cash award, a participant must keep the New Account in good standing with TD Direct Investing until August 31, 2021.
Qualifying Assets will be measured in Canadian dollars and according to the combined value of Canadian and U.S. denominated assets deposited in that account type.
To be eligible for the Ongoing transfer award of $100, you must qualify for the Initial Transfer Award.
For the accounts used to participate in this offer, this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS TD Direct Investing 2020-2021 Winter Offer

1 TD Direct Investing is offering a single award to any qualifying new or existing TD Direct Investing client who is a Canadian resident of age of majority in their province or territory by March 1, 2021. The award is comprised of two components – the Initial Transfer Award and an Ongoing Transfer Award. This offer begins on November 2, 2020 and ends on March 1, 2021.
Initial Transfer Award Details:
To qualify for the Initial Transfer Award, a client must:
Open a new TD Direct Investing account ("New Account") by March 1, 2021 using the promo code INVESTNOW. The account type opened must be a single accountholder Cash, TFSA, Margin, or RSP account*. Locked-in registered, non-personal, joint, RESPs, RIFs and RDSP accounts** do not qualify for this offer. If account is opened in branch or over the phone, a TD representative must register the client for the offer using the promo code.
*Refers to the TD Waterhouse Self-Directed RSP and the TD Waterhouse Tax-Free Savings Account.
**Refers to the TD Securities Inc. Self-Directed Education Savings Plan, the TD Waterhouse Self-Directed Retirement Income Fund and the TD Waterhouse Disability Savings Plan.
Transfer into the New Account $15,000 or more in investable assets from another Canadian financial institution(s) or a TD Canada Trust account, to the new TD Direct Investing account(s) ("Qualifying Assets") by April 30, 2021 noting:
The Qualifying Assets must be in the TD Direct Investing New Account(s) by no later than April 30, 2021;
Transfers originating from pre-existing TD Direct Investing, TD Wealth Financial Planning, TD Wealth Private Investment Advice, and TD Wealth Private Investment Counsel accounts are not included in the Qualifying Assets;
Investable assets exclude any securities that are restricted, subject to a cease trade order or that are non-listed and without independent evidence of current value acceptable to TD Direct Investing;
Qualifying Assets will be measured according to the combined value of Canadian and U.S. denominated assets deposited in that account type. U.S. dollar balances will be converted into Canadian dollars to determine eligibility.
Where a client opens multiple New Accounts, the Qualifying Assets will be calculated by combining the value of the assets transferred into the New Accounts.
Maintain the Qualifying Assets in the New Account(s) until June 30, 2021:
If a client withdraws, deregisters, or transfers assets from their New Account(s) at any time before June 30, 2021 following the transfer(s) of the Qualifying Assets (the "Qualification Period"), such amounts will be subtracted from the value of their Qualifying Assets. If such withdrawals, de-registrations, or transfers during the Qualification Period reduce the amount of the client's Qualifying Assets below $15,000, no award will be granted.
Margin debit balances are permitted and will not be counted against the value of assets held on account.
Set a goal or place at least one (1) trade by June 30, 2021 in the New Account(s), after account opening. Goal must be linked to the New Account.
The Initial Transfer Award portion of the award for Qualifying Assets of:
$15,000 to $24,999 is $100
$25,000 to $99,999 is $200
$100,000 to $249,999 is $300
$250,000 to $499,999 is $500
$500,000 or greater is $1000
Ongoing Transfer Award Details:
Clients are eligible to receive $100 for the Ongoing Transfer Award if they:
Qualify for the Initial Transfer Award portion of the award.
Set up at least one Monthly Contribution Plan* ("MCP") or Pre-Authorized Debit ("PAD") for transfer into at least one Qualifying Account, noting the minimum set up amount for a new MCP or PAD must be $100.
* MCPs are available for qualifying registered plans, PADs are available for qualifying non-registered plans.
Complete the first transfer by April 30, 2021.
Clients requiring assistance to register or otherwise apply for this offer should contact an Investment Representative at 1-800-465-5463 or ask for assistance at their TD Canada Trust branch.
Further Terms and Conditions:
A client is defined as a person with a grouping of accounts with the same 6-digit identifier, which can be found on account statements.
Locked-in registered, non-personal, joint, RESPs, RIFs and RDSP accounts* do not qualify for this offer. To receive a cash award, a participant must keep the New Account open, funded and in good standing with TD Direct Investing until August 31, 2021. Good standing requires that the New Account must not go into a debit position or into a margin call. Debit positions on margin accounts are acceptable.
*Refers to the TD Securities Inc. Self-Directed Education Savings Plan, the TD Waterhouse Self-Directed Retirement Income Fund and the TD Waterhouse Disability Savings Plan
Employees of TD Bank Group are eligible for this offer.
This offer may be changed, extended or withdrawn at any time without notice.
For the accounts used to participate in this offer, this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
The offer is not transferrable.
There may be tax implications associated with the cash award. Clients should consult with their personal tax advisor for more information. For registered plans, the cash award is paid directly to the plan and is not considered a contribution. Cancellation of MCPs and PADs require 3 months' notice.
The maximum award per client for the Initial Transfer Award and Ongoing Transfer Award is $1100.
Terms of Award Payment:
The cash award will be paid in Canadian dollars to eligible client account(s) by August 31, 2021.
Where the client's Qualifying Assets are transferred to a single account, the Initial Transfer Award portion of the award will be deposited into that account. Where the client's Qualifying Assets are transferred to multiple accounts, the Initial Transfer Award portion of the award will be divided and deposited to each account in proportion to the value of the Qualifying Assets transferred into each account.
Where a client sets up or increases an MCP and/or PAD in multiple Qualifying Accounts, the Ongoing Transfer Award portion of the award will be divided and deposited into those accounts in proportion to the value of transfers into each Qualifying Account between the day(s) the MCP and/or PAD are created or increased to qualify, and August 31, 2021.
TD Direct Investing, TD Wealth Financial Planning and TD Wealth Private Investment Advice are divisions of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc.
TD Wealth Private Investment Counsel represents the products and services offered by TD Waterhouse Private Investment Counsel Inc., a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
TD Bank Group means The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates, who provide deposit, investment, loan, securities, trust, insurance and other products or services.
® The TD logo and other trademarks are the property of The Toronto-Dominion Bank or its subsidiaries.
2 Rated#1 in the "Market Data" category. Based on data current as of May 2013 through May 2020. Visit www.moneysense.ca for more information
37 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2462 posts
1746 upvotes
Calgary
Reading the terms, would a transfer from a TD Mutual Funds account work?
Aug 13, 2019
191 posts
397 upvotes
I'm sure 90% of us don't have thousands and thousands in liquid cash. It should be tied up in TFSAs and RRSPs. Warm deal
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1485 posts
903 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: yes, should work.
I’m pretty excited for my 0.22% return on my $500k deposit Neutral Face
Aug 17, 2010
112 posts
42 upvotes
GTA
jarfgames wrote: Reading the terms, would a transfer from a TD Mutual Funds account work?
Yes, I did this in their last promotion and transferred my e series to TD DI and got $300 bonus. Td e series mutual funds are still commission free to buy in TD DI.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2462 posts
1746 upvotes
Calgary
Redcontrollers wrote: I'm sure 90% of us don't have thousands and thousands in liquid cash. It should be tied up in TFSAs and RRSPs. Warm deal
The idea generally is to transfer assets from another broker.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2462 posts
1746 upvotes
Calgary
webconfig wrote: Yes, I did this in their last promotion and transferred my e series to TD DI and got $300 bonus. Td e series mutual funds are still commission free to buy in TD DI.
Great - I might be doing this anyway, so getting the bonus would be icing in the cake.

Only thing I’m noticing is they say they would spread the bonus across multiple accounts if you open more than one. I would be transferring RRSP and opening a non-registered account, but I don’t really have much contribution room so I would want the bonus to all be in non-registered. I wonder if they can do that (I will have to call)... I presume if the bonus is deposited in an RRSP account, it counts as a contribution.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
13804 posts
5621 upvotes
"[Set a goal or place a trade]
"

------

What does "set a goal" mean? ... or what do they mean by "set a goal"?

Sounds like it's some kind of alternative to placing at least one trade ...

Can I, for example, set a goal / a wish that I want to go to the moon? :D
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4461 posts
2344 upvotes
Darkman wrote: "[Set a goal or place a trade]
"

------

What does "set a goal" mean? ... or what do they mean by "set a goal"?

Sounds like it's some kind of alternative to placing at least one trade ...

Can I, for example, set a goal / a wish that I want to go to the moon? :D
https://www.td.com/ca/en/investing/dire ... lplanning/
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
13804 posts
5621 upvotes
okay ... thanks.

How is TD Direct Investing platform? ... maybe if you are comparing it with Scotia iTrade or CIBC Investor's Edge platforms?

How many external links are you allowed to have there? ... ( at CIBC Inv. Edge, for example - only 1, but at Scotia iTrade you can have multiple ( maybe unlimited ) external links.

Scotia iTrade ( ex eTrade ) platform, in my opinion, way better than Investor's Edge platform.

But I never tried TD Direct Investing platform.

Will TD Direct Investing be willing to reimburse the transfer fees charged by another other brokerage (when you'd be transferring your holding from them)?
Aug 8, 2016
57 posts
62 upvotes
GTA
Does anybody know if signup bonuses banks like this typically give out are taxable? And if so, filed under where on your tax form?
Dec 5, 2011
626 posts
603 upvotes
YVR
Darkman wrote: okay ... thanks.

1 - How is TD Direct Investing platform? ... maybe if you are comparing it with Scotia iTrade or CIBC Investor's Edge platforms?

2 - How many external links are you allowed to have there? ... ( at CIBC Inv. Edge, for example - only 1, but at Scotia iTrade you can have multiple ( maybe unlimited ) external links.

Scotia iTrade ( ex eTrade ) platform, in my opinion, way better than Investor's Edge platform.

But I never tried TD Direct Investing platform.

3 - Will TD Direct Investing be willing to reimburse the transfer fees charged by another other brokerage (when you'd be transferring your holding from them)?
1 - I find the TD DI platform easier to use. It's very intuitive. I never used a brokerage account before and I found TD DI the easiest to use. I have an iTrade account also and I find it's interface less intuitive than TD.

2 - I don't have any external links to any of my brokerage accounts so I don't know how many you are allowed.

3 - I was a little upset that I was transferring $400k+ and they refused to offer me more than $150 to cover transfer fees. The rep said that's all they can offer but that they would make up for it by offering to give me free trades to essential cover $200. So, I ended up only transferring the RDSP and opened the rest at iTrade.

I asked iTrade the same thing and they said they would cover all my transfer fees. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that TD DI was the only bank at the time who offered RDSP direct investing, I would not have transferred anything.

So overall, I like TD's platform better, but I like that I can trade XBAL & XGRO for free at iTrade. TD DI does let you trade e-series MF for free so I buy those throughout the year and then sell at the end and buy ETFs. I often use TD to get info and then go to my iTrade account and actually make trades. I also get 5 free trades by having the Scotia Ultimate account so I am happy enough with iTrade.
Dec 5, 2011
626 posts
603 upvotes
YVR
Well, looks like I won't be transferring my parents' investments to TD DI.

Locked-in registered, non-personal, joint, RESPs, RIFs and RDSP accounts do not qualify for this offer.

All accounts are eligible for the transfer bonuses at CIBC Investors Edge - so that's where I’ll send their investments.
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
721 upvotes
Arkaine wrote: I’m pretty excited for my 0.22% return on my $500k deposit Neutral Face
I was about to say that, wtf, how is this hot?
Aug 27, 2013
569 posts
287 upvotes
cloud
jarfgames wrote: I presume if the bonus is deposited in an RRSP account, it counts as a contribution.
Not the case when I earned my BMO InvertorLine transfer-in bonus -- the bonus earned in my RRSP account wasn't considered a contribution. TD would probably do the same.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2462 posts
1746 upvotes
Calgary
cmchiu wrote: Not the case when I earned my BMO InvertorLine transfer-in bonus -- the bonus earned in my RRSP account wasn't considered a contribution. TD would probably do the same.
Guess I should have just read the terms that the OP posted more closely:

There may be tax implications associated with the cash award. Clients should consult with their personal tax advisor for more information. For registered plans, the cash award is paid directly to the plan and is not considered a contribution.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4489 posts
1390 upvotes
rcnrcnrcn wrote: I was about to say that, wtf, how is this hot?
If the assets are just sitting there long term passively, spend 1 hr. of paper work to get them transferred for $1000 is not too bad. I've done it to RBC (when they had a 1% promo), and then to BMO years later. I'd do this every year if I could. :)
signature closed for renovation