• Sep 12th, 2020 10:00 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1244 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite - 60k WB + FYF

This is the new offer from today, yesterday it was only 20,000 points.

Earn up to 60,000 TD Points (a travel value of $300)
Plus, first year no Annual Fee for the Primary and Additional Cardholders.
Conditions Apply. Must apply by November 7, 2020.
14 replies
Feb 4, 2019
886 posts
1323 upvotes
BC
This is pretty decent. Not as good as the 80K / $1000 from early last year but still decent. Should be PS-friendly too if you already have a different TD card.

I posted this in the other thread about 10% cash back cards, will repeat here:

If you cash out with Book Any Way, 250 pts = $1.
Including the 4500 pts base earn on the MSR, you get 64.5K pts = $258. That's 17.2% cash back.
Redeeming for travel via Expedia4TD for would bump it to $322.50 or 21.5% if you happen to need a car rental or something.
Jul 5, 2008
557 posts
279 upvotes
I did this card a year ago for the same deal and ended up converting 67500 pts to 225$ in Costco cards + 40$ acct rebate. Haven't used the card since and it's now -116 reward points, I assume from the 40$ rebate.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1244 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Last time I had this card, I had a great experience. I was able to redeem the points towards my travel easily.
Feb 4, 2019
886 posts
1323 upvotes
BC
Product switched to FCT 2 days ago, made first purchase yesterday, 20K points dropped into my account today so looks like the promo was applied as expected. Now to spend $1500 for the remaining 40K.
Feb 23, 2017
320 posts
291 upvotes
rhw123 wrote: Product switched to FCT 2 days ago, made first purchase yesterday, 20K points dropped into my account today so looks like the promo was applied as expected. Now to spend $1500 for the remaining 40K.
Did you get FYF?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2001 posts
1346 upvotes
Calgary
How long do you typically need with TD in between product switches? I used to have this card until March/April 2019 when I product switched to TD Aeroplan. Too soon to PS back and qualify for the bonus?

Edit - found this in the legal section:

This offer is not available customers who have activated and/or closed a TD First Class Travel®Visa Infinite* Account in the last 6 months. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of TD Points awarded to any one person.
Feb 4, 2019
886 posts
1323 upvotes
BC
hanzala27 wrote: Did you get FYF?
I only PS'ed 2 days ago so I won't know for sure until the next statement prints. With TD's FYF promos they either don't charge the AF at all or they charge it on the first statement, then rebate it (usually the same day but sometimes later).
Feb 4, 2019
886 posts
1323 upvotes
BC
jarfgames wrote: How long do you typically need with TD in between product switches? I used to have this card until March/April 2019 when I product switched to TD Aeroplan. Too soon to PS back and qualify for the bonus?

Edit - found this in the legal section:

This offer is not available customers who have activated and/or closed a TD First Class Travel®Visa Infinite* Account in the last 6 months. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of TD Points awarded to any one person.
I usually wait at least 6 months per credit line between switches. This one was switched from a no-fee Reward Visa to a Cash Back VI (for 10%/$2000) just over 12 months ago, then back to a Rewards Visa just over 6 months ago (even got a small WB on that one, lol).
Feb 23, 2017
320 posts
291 upvotes
rhw123 wrote: I only PS'ed 2 days ago so I won't know for sure until the next statement prints. With TD's FYF promos they either don't charge the AF at all or they charge it on the first statement, then rebate it (usually the same day but sometimes later).
Cool thanks! In the same boat, did PS but forgot to ask if I'd get FYF.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1134 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Does TD do credit check if you are banking with them?

I do have TD select service account. Not sure if there any benefits to this?
Dec 24, 2012
166 posts
37 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
shadowsteve wrote: I did this card a year ago for the same deal and ended up converting 67500 pts to 225$ in Costco cards + 40$ acct rebate. Haven't used the card since and it's now -116 reward points, I assume from the 40$ rebate.
so, the points earned on this card can be transferred and downloaded to the Costco Card. can you please suggest how to do ? thanks
Jul 29, 2016
169 posts
62 upvotes
Since the terms say I couldn't have held this card in the past 6 months is it possible to get the bonus on an account I switched from CB VI to AP VI 1 month ago for their promo. Essentially I have never held this card but I am switching from a AP VI i switched to recently.
Jul 5, 2008
557 posts
279 upvotes
bigcircle wrote: so, the points earned on this card can be transferred and downloaded to the Costco Card. can you please suggest how to do ? thanks
No, TD had a rewards option to get a deal on Costco gift cards. For 15000 points you got a 50$ card + 10$ acct credit, 7500 was a 25$ gift card but no acct credit. The deal was May of this year.

Right now its 20,000pts for a 50$ card and no credit.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3453 posts
3295 upvotes
Montreal
imawnms wrote: Since the terms say I couldn't have held this card in the past 6 months is it possible to get the bonus on an account I switched from CB VI to AP VI 1 month ago for their promo. Essentially I have never held this card but I am switching from a AP VI i switched to recently.
People saying we have to wait for 6 months for another switch. However, you could apply this card as new application and you will get FYF and bonus for sure as you never held the card.

For your AP VI, you could keep it if you have FYF and wait for 6 months to do another switch. Otherwise switch to a no fee card or cancel it. TD will prorate your annual fee if cancel your card.
Product Switching Between TD Credit Cards

TD allows customers to switch between different credit cards, in the event that you aren’t satisfied with the card you currently hold and would like to try a different product. So, don’t be afraid to have a curious attitude and remain open to trying out as many of TD’s wide range of products to see which one you like best. Winking Face

Note that there is no ability to request a product switch online; instead, one must either call in to switch their card, or do so in-branch.

Importantly, most of TD’s credit cards come with terms and conditions stating the following:

If you have opened and/or closed an Account on the same credit card in the last 6 months (12 months for TD CBI), you will not be eligible for this offer. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of miles awarded to any one person.

Therefore, as long as you haven’t opened and/or closed an account on the same credit card over the past six months, you should be eligible for the signup bonus again, and generally TD is quite reliable about granting the publicly available signup bonuses upon switching cards.

As per recent data points, you are also allowed to switch between personal and business cards, as many people have done to hop on the elevated offers on the TD Business Aeroplan as of late.

Of course, the terms and conditions also give TD the right to deny signup bonuses if they want to, and indeed, there have been a few data points that people who have constantly switched between the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite and TD FIrst Class Travel Visa Infinite on six-month cycles over the years have recently no longer been getting their bonuses.

Based on recent data points, constant six-month switches between TD’s twin premium travel cards might just be pushing the envelope a little too far. Instead, a safer play might be to space out your switches by downgrading your card to a no-fee non-Visa Infinite product first (like the TD Rewards Visa) and then upgrading it to a different premium TD travel card.

The good news is that if you happen to initiate your switches when the public offer doesn’t have First Year Free, then the annual fee waiver on the All-Inclusive Banking Plan will continue to apply to that account, even if you’re switching or downgrading-and-upgrading from a previous account where you previously already enjoyed the fee waiver.

Finally, I’d add the usual cautionary note that a large chunk of the TD product-switching strategy is based upon trial-and-error and trying things out for yourself to see what works and what doesn’t.

After all, even among TD agents, I’ve heard wildly varying accounts of whether product switching will grant the bonus – for example, whenever I go into a TD branch, I’m almost being actively encouraged by the teller to switch over to a different card (with the full bonus attached), whereas over the phone the representatives seem more uncertain as to whether or not the bonus will be granted upon switching.

Additional data points will always help to paint a more complete picture, so feel free to share your data points on your experiences sampling TD’s wide suite of products – whether through new applications or product-switching – in the comments.
https://princeoftravel.com/blog/td-cred ... trategies/