Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

Apr 23, 2017
371 posts
207 upvotes
I don't have an account with TD and tried applying for this card just now. Completed 90% of the application and it was prompting me to answer a few questions to verify my identity, but the questions aren't showing up - tried in chrome/firefox on Desktop and Mobile, but no luck. Anyone in this situation?
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Nov 25, 2017
524 posts
342 upvotes
theganguly wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 12:10 pm
If I have a 2 year old card (this one), can I apply for this one and get the points?

It says "Must not have OPENED an account in the past 6 months", which I haven't. But does that also include existing ones?
I was told you can't. You must not have the card already.
Jul 15, 2012
60 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
yugsekwaf wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 1:15 pm
I don't have an account with TD and tried applying for this card just now. Completed 90% of the application and it was prompting me to answer a few questions to verify my identity, but the questions aren't showing up - tried in chrome/firefox on Desktop and Mobile, but no luck. Anyone in this situation?
The same happened to me also.....please post if there is a way around it.
Jul 26, 2013
346 posts
319 upvotes
CALGARY
So, if you have the TD Aeroplan visa infinite, are you eligible for the welcome bonus on this card also?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1952 posts
993 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently Presto fillup counts as travel, so that's $320 towards that!
Feb 15, 2016
20 posts
1 upvote
yugsekwaf wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 1:15 pm
I am having the same issue as well.. It was like that since last week for me.
Apr 23, 2017
371 posts
207 upvotes
TerryC694207 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 1:50 pm
I am having the same issue as well.. It was like that since last week for me.
Did you find a workaround for this. How have you handled it? Thnx
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Mar 30, 2018
282 posts
145 upvotes
As a new application or product switch?
TorontoVal wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 1:35 pm
Yup someone already confirmed this
Feb 24, 2015
70 posts
6 upvotes
nova scotia
i tried for the aeroplan td visa for over 2 weeks could not get site to work , had to phone in , just tried for this card same thing happens , get stuck on 90 percent on there website , tried chrome , edge , safari , nothing worked.
Feb 15, 2016
20 posts
1 upvote
yugsekwaf wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 1:56 pm
Did you find a workaround for this. How have you handled it? Thnx
No not really. I was hoping they'd fix it this week..
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1274 posts
826 upvotes
allieabby wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 2:07 pm
i tried for the aeroplan td visa for over 2 weeks could not get site to work , had to phone in , just tried for this card same thing happens , get stuck on 90 percent on there website , tried chrome , edge , safari , nothing worked.
Most web apps are made for Internet Explorer. have you tried that?
Apr 23, 2017
371 posts
207 upvotes
theganguly wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 2:18 pm
Most web apps are made for Internet Explorer. have you tried that?
yes, IE doesn't work..same issue as others
Mar 3, 2019
3 posts
4 upvotes
Some cashback analysis for this card:

Points earned per dollar
(source: https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banki ... nite-card/)
- 9pts/dollar on ExpediaTD
- 3pts/dollar for anything else

Points to dollars redemption
(source: OP's initial post...I actually couldn't find anything regarding the statement credit on the site):
- 200pts/dollar on ExpediaTD
- 250pts/dollar for statement credit on travel purchase

Summary of "cashback" rates, from best to worst:
4.5% if you spend exclusively on ExpediaTD and redeem exclusively on ExpediaTD
3.6% if you spend exclusively on ExpediaTD and redeem exclusively with statement credit
1.5% if you spend exclusively on non-ExpediaTD and redeem exclusively on ExpediaTD
1.2% if you spend exclusively on non-ExpediaTD and redeem exclusively with statement credit

So, if you redeem exclusively on ExpediaTD, your "cashback" will be between 1.5-4.5% depending on the proportion of money spent on ExpediaTD vs. not ExpediaTD.
I'm deciding between getting this and the HSBC world elite, and it's actually pretty close because of the trips I'm planning to take. With HSBC you can buy a plane ticket, get the points from it, and use those points for statement credit up to 60 days after. With TD you have you spend the points the moment you buy, you cannot spend them AFTER you buy (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm guessing that's what the statement credit is for if you want to spend them on a prior purchase, but I don't know exactly how to claim that and whether there's a time limit.