Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

Aug 12, 2008
109 posts
8 upvotes
Palidino wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 9:29 am
Customer support said we can’t apply for 2 cards to claim the bonuses. Is that true?

I can confirm that in order to receive the benefits of the promotion you can't have opened another TD Credit Card in the last 6 months. As a result, you'd only be eligible for the promotion of the first card you open.
This has been answered previously - each card is a separate "product" so you would qualify for the bonus.
Mar 30, 2018
283 posts
145 upvotes
Even if the rep says you wont? A product switch will also qualify for bonus?
azko wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 9:31 am
This has been answered previously - each card is a separate "product" so you would qualify for the bonus.
Jan 1, 2009
109 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
ceruleanfridge wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 2:28 pm

So, if you redeem exclusively on ExpediaTD, your "cashback" will be between 1.5-4.5% depending on the proportion of money spent on ExpediaTD vs. not ExpediaTD.
I'm deciding between getting this and the HSBC world elite, and it's actually pretty close because of the trips I'm planning to take. With HSBC you can buy a plane ticket, get the points from it, and use those points for statement credit up to 60 days after. With TD you have you spend the points the moment you buy, you cannot spend them AFTER you buy (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm guessing that's what the statement credit is for if you want to spend them on a prior purchase, but I don't know exactly how to claim that and whether there's a time limit.
What's the difference? Regardless you're still using the points towards travel no?
Mar 9, 2011
794 posts
1237 upvotes
Just to confirm, but is this offer the best offer for someone that isn’t planning to keep this card after the free 1 year? 400 credit to travel sounds pretty good but just wondering if there are any other better card offers out there. Any input would be appreciated.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1815 posts
654 upvotes
Palidino wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 9:29 am
Customer support said we can’t apply for 2 cards to claim the bonuses. Is that true?

I can confirm that in order to receive the benefits of the promotion you can't have opened another TD Credit Card in the last 6 months. As a result, you'd only be eligible for the promotion of the first card you open.
Personal experience? More details please.
Nov 27, 2013
1 posts
Portage la Prairie
Looking at their site right now and it only shows 40k sign up bonus? Am I missing something?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1199 posts
214 upvotes
ORLEANS
mbmbkop wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 11:52 am
Personal experience? More details please.
should have said that was TD CS reply
Dec 2, 2013
177 posts
224 upvotes
Montreal
I closed my account on the same card yesterday, it was opened a year ago, when do you think I'll be eligible to apply again?
Dec 23, 2015
34 posts
20 upvotes
Montr
yugsekwaf wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 1:56 pm
Did you find a workaround for this. How have you handled it? Thnx
Hi, Was having the same problem and I called in. They are aware of the problem - so I answered all the questions over the phone. Took about 15-20 minutes. Got approved and received the card last week. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4686 posts
2801 upvotes
Palidino wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 1:47 pm

TD CSRs are trained to say that.
elideli wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 2:08 pm
I closed my account on the same card yesterday, it was opened a year ago, when do you think I'll be eligible to apply again?
You should have converted it to a no-fee or other TD card instead of cancelling. Now you have a YMMV-possibility that they may re-open the newly cancelled card if you apply too soon. Wait at least 2 months, 3 if you can, so in June say.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1815 posts
654 upvotes
Palidino wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 1:47 pm
OK, thanks. Please don't use "I can confirm" if you just hear something from csrs.. they are wrong 50% of the time if not more often. Also, if they are not sure, they will try to err on the side of caution since all phone conversations are recorded.
Jun 29, 2008
304 posts
79 upvotes
jetertmac wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 11:33 am
Just to confirm, but is this offer the best offer for someone that isn’t planning to keep this card after the free 1 year? 400 credit to travel sounds pretty good but just wondering if there are any other better card offers out there. Any input would be appreciated.
One of the better promos out there right now ($400!!)

Aeroplan promo is really good as well!.. There were no promos in 2018 and AMEX removes the FYF on their Gold rewards card

Aeroplan for flights.. First Class for hotel!

CIBC Aventura has a promo as well for $520 travel credit but you have to pay the $120 annual fee up front.. Comes with 4 airport lounge passes + free nexus application fee

I think TD is heavily favored as more people bank with TD than CIBC... or RBC
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8545 posts
2301 upvotes
Does a product switch require a credit check, going from a TD Classic Travel to the Travel Visa Infinite, the card in this thread.
Mar 3, 2019
3 posts
4 upvotes
In case people didn't know, this card has a foreign transaction fee of 2.5%. I only found out today when talking to a rep - they informed me that there is no TD credit card without a FX fee (at the moment).