Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

Oct 13, 2017
149 posts
224 upvotes
Halifax
Elfwood wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 11:42 am
What is the preferred method to record phone call? And do you have to notify TD phone rep that you are recording?
I personally use ACR Recorder (Android Phone) I have not upgraded to Android 9 Pie since google removed the permission to record phone calls in the updated OS.

I AM NOT A LAWYER and I am not qualified to provide legal opinion on the subject matter, however I personally refer to this article when determining whether or not to record a phone call I am involved in: "Section 184 of the Criminal Code prohibits wilful interception of private communications, but provides an exception if one of the participants consents to that interception. Basically, that means if you consent to record your own conversation, it’s perfectly legal. If you can’t get your own consent, you may be breaking the law." Quoting from https://criminal.findlaw.ca/article/can ... ersations/

Which I understood that I do not have to notify the other party I am recording the phone call.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1936 posts
541 upvotes
azko wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 9:24 am
applied - pending approval. Already got the TD Aeroplan infinite (that was instant approval) so I'm surprised that this one is pending. Let's wait and see.
Did it get approved after?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6691 posts
1254 upvotes
Mont-Royal
so looks liek it is a concensus everyone who switch has the bonus as well?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jun 10, 2017
59 posts
18 upvotes
Just switched yesterday from cash back card and rep confirmed that I will receive the bonus
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6691 posts
1254 upvotes
Mont-Royal
therein60mins wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 11:00 am
TD Aeroplan for Flights!!

TD First Class for Hotels!!
Which one is better?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Sep 15, 2016
174 posts
207 upvotes
Lgupta wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 10:47 am
Just switched yesterday from cash back card and rep confirmed that I will receive the bonus
+1
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4466 posts
1391 upvotes
Winnipeg
azncapcom wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 2:35 pm
still can't get past 90%, tried multiple browsers! argh!

chatted with them and they said they are aware of the issue and expect a fix on March 15th
For those having trouble applying online, it must have something to do with your profile they have on file...

I can't seem to get past the 90% point, or when I log in to do it, it says "Unfortunately, an error...."

But I logged into my Mom's acct (POA) and tried to apply for her (same browser etc) and there are no issues !

Wish we could figure out what the error in the profile is, to allow the online application to work...
Feb 24, 2015
70 posts
6 upvotes
nova scotia
has anyone who had this card before , got this card with the 80.000 pts , want to cancel my card wait a month or so , then try again to get this card
Mar 21, 2015
77 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Hi Guys,

I just got approved for TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege Credit Card which is giving me 50,000 aeroplan points.
saw this thread after this.

I am not sure if this has been answered before - but is 80K TD points better than 50K aeroplan points - not comparing the annual fee.

Cheers
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8538 posts
2297 upvotes
krishnasty wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 3:20 pm
Hi Guys,

I just got approved for TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege Credit Card which is giving me 50,000 aeroplan points.
saw this thread after this.

I am not sure if this has been answered before - but is 80K TD points better than 50K aeroplan points - not comparing the annual fee.

Cheers
If you are not comparing the annual fee, I would say so if you are redeeming the 50000 aeroplan points for a flight. Heck even 25000 could be better than the 80000 if redeeming for a flight.
Dec 28, 2018
62 posts
7 upvotes
Signed up for this card back in October and also used my bonus points in October. I just now canceled though.. Any chance I'd be able to get the bonus if I sign up near the end of the promo? It wouldn't be six months since I canceled but I wonder how strict they are on that.