Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Jr. Member
Mar 21, 2015
123 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
bobcat99 wrote: If you are not comparing the annual fee, I would say so if you are redeeming the 50000 aeroplan points for a flight. Heck even 25000 could be better than the 80000 if redeeming for a flight.
so 80K TD points is less than 25K Aeroplan points. The only bummer with Aeroplan points is crazy Air Canada taxes.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9489 posts
2896 upvotes
krishnasty wrote: so 80K TD points is less than 25K Aeroplan points. The only bummer with Aeroplan points is crazy Air Canada taxes.
Not if you fly with United or some other airline that don't charge crazy taxes.
Jr. Member
Mar 21, 2015
123 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
bobcat99 wrote: Not if you fly with United or some other airline that don't charge crazy taxes.
True. Thanks :)
Newbie
Mar 6, 2019
27 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver
For all the folks who product switched from Aeroplan to TD FCT and were promised the 80K points, any data points to show that the Customer Reps weren't lying? :p
Newbie
Mar 4, 2019
34 posts
12 upvotes
I switched from the Infinite Aeroplan to FCT with an agent in the bank and I received the welcome miles.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1600 posts
1165 upvotes
specialoffers wrote: I did product switch yesterday and i was told that i will get 20,000 points after first purchase and 60,000 more if spend ?$1000 in first 90 days.
bobcat99 wrote: I was told I will get the 80000 points and FYF with the product switch, yesterday and today, see what happens.
Any updates from you guys? Did your WB points post ?

Has anyone else done a product switch (whether from Rewards Visa, Aeroplan, etc.) and gotten the sign up bonus?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2102 posts
1204 upvotes
Etobicoke
sports1 wrote: Any updates from you guys? Did your WB points post ?

Has anyone else done a product switch (whether from Rewards Visa, Aeroplan, etc.) and gotten the sign up bonus?
I received my card earlier this week and made furst purchase. Its still pending. Waiting for points to to updated and than will report.
Newbie
Feb 9, 2011
14 posts
44 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Any updates from you guys? Did your WB points post ?

Has anyone else done a product switch (whether from Rewards Visa, Aeroplan, etc.) and gotten the sign up bonus?
I product switched from TD Cashback to FCT a few days ago and first 20K points posted immediately. I just crossed $1000 spend and waiting to see if additional 60K points will post on first statement.
Jr. Member
Jul 23, 2007
175 posts
28 upvotes
York
Did you do it by calling in or in branch? Thanks.
doremi01 wrote: I product switched from TD Cashback to FCT a few days ago and first 20K points posted immediately. I just crossed $1000 spend and waiting to see if additional 60K points will post on first statement.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9489 posts
2896 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Any updates from you guys? Did your WB points post ?

Has anyone else done a product switch (whether from Rewards Visa, Aeroplan, etc.) and gotten the sign up bonus?
Don't even have the card yet.
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
13455 posts
10866 upvotes
Leask
DP. I have FCT (still active) from December. Getting a second FCT (product change via phone) with 80k WB. I see TD CT is desperate for blood, even recycled blood. I'll take the candy.

I got...
  • 20+20k pts from TD FCT from December
  • 5k on TD rewards, was a "downgrade" from CBI to dodge AF. No spend
  • Now 80k on 2nd FCT

Thank you, TD CT. Thx OP for the thread.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 23, 2006
4677 posts
1669 upvotes
Winnipeg
titaniumtux wrote: DP. I have FCT (still active) from December. Getting a second FCT (product change via phone) with 80k WB. I see TD CT is desperate for blood, even recycled blood. I'll take the candy.

I got...
  • 20+20k pts from TD FCT from December
  • 5k on TD rewards, was a "downgrade" from CBI to dodge AF. No spend
  • Now 80k on 2nd FCT
Thank you, TD CT. Thx OP for the thread.
So you’ve got the 80k points in the account? Or told it would be 80k...
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
13455 posts
10866 upvotes
Leask
canuckcolehead wrote: So you’ve got the 80k points in the account? Or told it would be 80k...
Told by CSR, and made sure CSR noted it on file. Whenever it's written by a CSR, if it doesn't automate, I have them honour it. TD CT's been great at honouring their promises to me.

Basically, anyone can get the 80k WB, but only on one card for this promo season. Even if you have multiple TD CT cards that could "upgrade" to FCT, you'll only get 80k WB on one of them.
No solicitation in sigs
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
595 posts
337 upvotes
Can I apply and get the WB if I'm holding an FCT card already? Holding one since 2 yrs - have an AI checking with them, so it works out..
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡

Top