Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2019 12:31 am
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1889 posts
984 upvotes
Etobicoke
sports1 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:56 pm
Any updates from you guys? Did your WB points post ?

Has anyone else done a product switch (whether from Rewards Visa, Aeroplan, etc.) and gotten the sign up bonus?
titaniumtux wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:26 pm
Told by CSR, and made sure CSR noted it on file. Whenever it's written by a CSR, if it doesn't automate, I have them honour it. TD CT's been great at honouring their promises to me.

Basically, anyone can get the 80k WB, but only on one card for this promo season. Even if you have multiple TD CT cards that could "upgrade" to FCT, you'll only get 80k WB on one of them.
My first transaction posted on account but no 20,000 bonus.

I called TD and a gent told me that I had this card before. So I am not eligible for 20,000 points but if I spend $1000 in first 90 days than I will receive 60,000 points.

I talked to manager and she said that this offer is only available for New applicant who never had this card before. I had this card in past and cancelled it last November.

So I will not get 20,000 sign up bonus and I have to pay annual fee. But if I spend $1000 in 90 days I will receive 60, 000 points which doesn't make any sense.

After some arguments she told me that she is going to escalate my issue to her manager and I will receive a call from them next week.
May 8, 2009
8497 posts
4293 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
specialoffers wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 3:07 pm
My first transaction posted on account but no 20,000 bonus.

I called TD and a gent told me that I had this card before. So I am not eligible for 20,000 points but if I spend $1000 in first 90 days than I will receive 60,000 points.

I talked to manager and she said that this offer is only available for New applicant who never had this card before. I had this card in past and cancelled it last November.

So I will not get 20,000 sign up bonus and I have to pay annual fee. But if I spend $1000 in 90 days I will receive 60, 000 points which doesn't make any sense.

After some arguments she told me that she is going to escalate my issue to her manager and I will receive a call from them next week.
Good DP.

I had my rep put all the notes so that I make darn sure the deal is honoured. When CSR put notes on file from our conversations, I've always had them honoured. TD CT has been great at granting me WB's. Truly no complaining here.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Aug 17, 2006
91 posts
37 upvotes
Coquitlam BC
If you book through Expedia for TD, will you get airline miles such as Aeroplan, Westjet, BA etc? Same goes for hotel membership such as Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn and car rentals (Hertz, Avis, Budget etc). I think no as that is how they make some money on the backend but curious if people have DPs on this.
Aug 5, 2018
272 posts
275 upvotes
jammin825 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:58 pm
If you book through Expedia for TD, will you get airline miles such as Aeroplan, Westjet, BA etc? Same goes for hotel membership such as Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn and car rentals (Hertz, Avis, Budget etc). I think no as that is how they make some money on the backend but curious if people have DPs on this.
Hotel definitely not.

You do not get points , nor any benefit from your existing status with the chain. You could be nice and ask the front desk, so YMMV.
I wouldn't book hotel on expedia due to this reason.

People were saying you still get miles if you book flight on expedia. Can someone else confirm?

What is the advantage of booking on aircanada.ca then? I guess cancelling or changing flight is easier on aircanada.ca, and expedia may charge its own fees for cancel/change?
May 8, 2009
8497 posts
4293 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
xx1what wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:32 pm
Hotel definitely not.

You do not get points , nor any benefit from your existing status with the chain. You could be nice and ask the front desk, so YMMV.

People were saying you still get miles if you book flight on expedia. Can someone else confirm?

What is the advantage of booking on aircanada.ca then? I guess cancelling or changing flight is easier on aircanada.ca, and expedia may charge its own fees for cancel/change?
You can earn FFP pts via Expedia4TD where the FFP account holder's name matches the passenger's name, TD CT cardholder-agnostic.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2709 posts
2293 upvotes
Mordor
xx1what wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:32 pm
Hotel definitely not.

ability to use discounted aircanada gcs
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4246 posts
2167 upvotes
jammin825 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:58 pm
I used Expedia for TD to purchase flights on Eva Air, into booking class V. Found out later on that NEITHER United nor Aeroplan will credit any miles for this fare class. Not sure if it was because the price was REALLY cheap, that resulted in this bucket fare, or if it's because it was booked through Expedia for TD.

If you are willing to do the footwork and want to know before you pull the trigger, examine which class the flights will book into, and then use this site to see how many (if any) miles you will earn for your preferred FFP.
https://www.wheretocredit.com/
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4246 posts
2167 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:32 pm
Heh...I see where you came from. ;)
Aug 5, 2018
272 posts
275 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:32 pm
I have heard that almost all credit cards will null all insurance coverage even if a small portion of the flight was charged to a GC.
It typically says something like "full charge needs to be charged onto the credit card".

In this regard, air canada GC seems like a huge scam.
They sell you the GC, then try to sell you insurance for extra profit.
Aug 5, 2018
272 posts
275 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:37 pm
I used Expedia for TD to purchase flights on Eva Air, into booking class V. Found out later on that NEITHER United nor Aeroplan will credit any miles for this fare class. Not sure if it was because the price was REALLY cheap, that resulted in this bucket fare, or if it's because it was booked through Expedia for TD.

If you are willing to do the footwork and want to know before you pull the trigger, examine which class the flights will book into, and then use this site to see how many (if any) miles you will earn for your preferred FFP.
https://www.wheretocredit.com/
Thank you for the website.
This will help a lot.

If you book on expedia, do you see your fare bucket before you finalize the purchase?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2709 posts
2293 upvotes
Mordor
xx1what wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:38 pm
I have heard that almost all credit cards will null all insurance coverage even if a small portion of the flight was charged to a GC.
It typically says something like "full charge needs to be charged onto the credit card".

In this regard, air canada GC seems like a huge scam.
They sell you the GC, then try to sell you insurance for extra profit.
agreed, i would never consciously book a flight without insurance through my CC...
but do keep in mind some people cant afford cc (either annual fee or they dont qualify for cc) that have coverages
and some people just like to save money to take the risk. hack, even if you book through aeroplan, unless you pay the tax via td/cibc/amex aeroplan cards, you dont actually have coverage....
Aug 5, 2018
272 posts
275 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:48 pm
agreed, i would never consciously book a flight without insurance through my CC...
but do keep in mind some people cant afford cc (either annual fee or they dont qualify for cc) that have coverages
and some people just like to save money to take the risk. hack, even if you book through aeroplan, unless you pay the tax via td/cibc/amex aeroplan cards, you dont actually have coverage....
Really? Interesting.
Do you have any data point on aeroplan bookings not eligible for insurance?

How would the taxes not count as the "full charge" of the flight, since aeroplan miles are not cash.
The miles are reward, and the airlines reward us a lower fare (taxes) in exchange for loyalty.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4246 posts
2167 upvotes
xx1what wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:41 pm
Thank you for the website.
This will help a lot.

If you book on expedia, do you see your fare bucket before you finalize the purchase?
TBH, I don't know. I thought you could. But I don't normally book through Expedia so I'm not sure. Look for it if you can. And since most airlines offer 24 hr grace period you can for sure see the booking class when you get the receipt or view the ticket online, and if you don't like it, cancel for full refund.

For me, I wouldn't bother. Earning miles by flying is a thing of the past. If I get it, great, if not, I move on. I know this doesn't sound like I'm making a lot of sense, but it's honestly how I feel nowadays, after realizing how superior churning for points is compared to butts-in-seats.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2005
2029 posts
114 upvotes
For those who have 2 FCT cards, I assume the points are under each individual cards. Is there a way to consolidate the points?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2709 posts
2293 upvotes
Mordor
xx1what wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:52 pm
Really? Interesting.
Do you have any data point on aeroplan bookings not eligible for insurance?

How would the taxes not count as the "full charge" of the flight, since aeroplan miles are not cash.
The miles are reward, and the airlines reward us a lower fare (taxes) in exchange for loyalty.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-can ... rance.html
that's just one example, most terms of condition of any credit card will have a clause that allows them to not cover it.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 5 guests)

Dealphlup