Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5528 posts
4434 upvotes
xx1what wrote: I have heard that almost all credit cards will null all insurance coverage even if a small portion of the flight was charged to a GC.
It typically says something like "full charge needs to be charged onto the credit card".

In this regard, air canada GC seems like a huge scam.
They sell you the GC, then try to sell you insurance for extra profit.
ShadowMordor wrote: agreed, i would never consciously book a flight without insurance through my CC...
but do keep in mind some people cant afford cc (either annual fee or they dont qualify for cc) that have coverages
and some people just like to save money to take the risk. hack, even if you book through aeroplan, unless you pay the tax via td/cibc/amex aeroplan cards, you dont actually have coverage....
xx1what wrote: Really? Interesting.
Do you have any data point on aeroplan bookings not eligible for insurance?

How would the taxes not count as the "full charge" of the flight, since aeroplan miles are not cash.
The miles are reward, and the airlines reward us a lower fare (taxes) in exchange for loyalty.
For the AC gift cards, yes you're right. No travel coverage when flights are not FULLY paid by a CC, even with a little portion paid by GCs. So, burn them off on short/domestic/NA flights, where it is very unlikely that you will need to have any flight insurance coverage, particularly single hops such that there is no chance of lost luggage or missed connections.

For Aeroplan, yes it's true. You only get flight/baggage coverage if you pay the AeroScam fees with a TD or CIBC Aeroplan Visa card. The Amex Aeroplan and Amex Membership Rewards cards DO NOT provide coverage. Some people are saying the BMO World Elite MC will cover ANY flight where partial payment is made with the card, including Aeroplan...I haven't seen any datapoints of this being true though so I'll defer my suggestion to use the BMO card for now, and stick to the TD/CIBC Aero affiliated cards.

There are plenty of datapoints at FlyerTalk with reports that paying with any other CC, including Amex's super-uber Aeroplan Platinum card, will give you NO coverage on Aeroplan redemption flights. A few were able to stick-handle their way to get some coverage anyways, based on good Amex relationships, but I wouldn't rely on it. I have spoken to Amex's underwriter and they informed me clearly that there are NO Amex (Canada) cards that will cover Aeroplan purchased flights.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5528 posts
4434 upvotes
akt921 wrote: For those who have 2 FCT cards, I assume the points are under each individual cards. Is there a way to consolidate the points?
I did it with 4 FCT cards, so you should be able to do it with 2 FCT cards. :lol:

Seriously, my wife also had her own set of 4 FCT cards, so we became well versed with the task.
  • You'll need to call TD Rewards to accomplish this: 1-800-983-1043
  • Tell the rep which FCT card's points you want to MOVE over and into which other FCT card that is in your profile.
  • It takes about 2-4 days for the points to move over. I called on a Friday afternoon, and points were moved over by Monday afternoon.

And I know we're soon about to get inundated with this question, so I'll answer it now.
Can you move points from one person's FCT account to another person's FCT account, such as spouse to spouse? The answer is a big NO! :D
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13669 posts
11162 upvotes
Leask
bizee-bee wrote: I did it with 4 FCT cards, so you should be able to do it with 2 FCT cards. :lol:

Seriously, my wife also had her own set of 4 FCT cards, so we became well versed with the task.
  • You'll need to call TD Rewards to accomplish this: 1-800-983-1043
  • Tell the rep which FCT card's points you want to MOVE over and into which other FCT card that is in your profile.
  • It takes about 2-4 days for the points to move over. I called on a Friday afternoon, and points were moved over by Monday afternoon.

And I know we're soon about to get inundated with this question, so I'll answer it now.
Can you move points from one person's FCT account to another person's FCT account, such as spouse to spouse? The answer is a big NO! :D
This. And can't consolidate pts between personal and business cards.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5128 posts
2744 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: I did it with 4 FCT cards, so you should be able to do it with 2 FCT cards. :lol:
Are you holding 4 cards at the same time or during 4 occasions? I have FCT right now, so I was wondering if I can apply for another one and get the WB
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5528 posts
4434 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: This. And can't consolidate pts between personal and business cards.
I didn't even realize they have a business version of the FCT product. Something new to learn every day.
mkl38s wrote: Are you holding 4 cards at the same time or during 4 occasions? I have FCT right now, so I was wondering if I can apply for another one and get the WB
I was referring to last year's promo, consolidating points from 4 different cards that I held at the same time. Not just me, but Queen Bee too.
td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p29342123
Sep 12, 2007
178 posts
20 upvotes
Coquitlam
specialoffers wrote: My first transaction posted on account but no 20,000 bonus.

I called TD and a gent told me that I had this card before. So I am not eligible for 20,000 points but if I spend $1000 in first 90 days than I will receive 60,000 points.

I talked to manager and she said that this offer is only available for New applicant who never had this card before. I had this card in past and cancelled it last November.

So I will not get 20,000 sign up bonus and I have to pay annual fee. But if I spend $1000 in 90 days I will receive 60, 000 points which doesn't make any sense.

After some arguments she told me that she is going to escalate my issue to her manager and I will receive a call from them next week.
I've churned this card twice but I may have to reconsider signing up this time if this is the case. Paying for the annual fee and losing out on 20,000 really hurts this deal IMO..
Nov 25, 2017
695 posts
480 upvotes
akalic wrote: I've churned this card twice but I may have to reconsider signing up this time if this is the case. Paying for the annual fee and losing out on 20,000 really hurts this deal IMO..
TD would be going against their terms. The terms are clear and this has to be escalated. The terms are a legal document.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1268 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone able to switch from cashback back to the infinite?

If so, has anyone done this with more than 1? I got 2 CB cards that is sitting there.

Edit: reading further back it seems like some of you were able to do a product switch to the Travel Visa Infinite and still get the 20k+60k?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13669 posts
11162 upvotes
Leask
sheepe wrote: Anyone able to switch from cashback back to the infinite?

If so, has anyone done this with more than 1? I got 2 CB cards that is sitting there.

Edit: reading further back it seems like some of you were able to do a product switch to the Travel Visa Infinite and still get the 20k+60k?
I upgraded two Rewards no-AF cards to FCT. One in December, the other just recently.

You can switch from either cashback card to FCT and get the WB.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5125 posts
3582 upvotes
I just got my Aeroplan VISA Infinite in February and hopefully I’ll spend across $1000 in April. After I receive 30K AP Points, can I switch to First Class VISA Infinite to get 80K?
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
🎁 Moola: 25% bonus on everyday essentials (Walmart, Esso and Uber Eats)
💳 Credit card combo (2-10% return): Amex + Scotiabank + MBNA
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8508 posts
4338 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: I just got my Aeroplan VISA Infinite in February and hopefully I’ll spend across $1000 in April. After I receive 30K AP Points, can I switch to First Class VISA Infinite to get 80K?
Generally speaking, you have to have the card for 6mths before you can get another welcome bonus on a new card.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1526 posts
2600 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ar2020 wrote: What's the point of saying 80K without saying what it equals to?
$0.005 / point on TD expedia.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1526 posts
2600 upvotes
Calgary, AB
BrethrenJx wrote: Does any one know if expediaforTD has similar prices to expedia.ca?
Thanks in advance.
From my exp its 1:1
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1268 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: I upgraded two Rewards no-AF cards to FCT. One in December, the other just recently.

You can switch from either cashback card to FCT and get the WB.
Thanks for information. Does the WB include the 20k+60k?

I was wondering on top of product switches, can I open a new card as well through this promo? That is, 2 product switch + another card?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13669 posts
11162 upvotes
Leask
EdisonL299 wrote: I just got my Aeroplan VISA Infinite in February and hopefully I’ll spend across $1000 in April. After I receive 30K AP Points, can I switch to First Class VISA Infinite to get 80K?
you can, before td gets enough activations and tightens the grip again.
sheepe wrote: Thanks for information. Does the WB include the 20k+60k?

I was wondering on top of product switches, can I open a new card as well through this promo? That is, 2 product switch + another card?
1. yes
2. 2nd card can be aeroplan inf for 30k AP or travel plat for 25k td pts. downgrade fct after you get the 80k pts and wait 6+ months unless td gets this desperate in the summer.
No solicitation in sigs