Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
11934 posts
8564 upvotes
sometimes
EuRaFree wrote: Or you can still book through ExpediaforTD, price match that website's lower price with them. Redeem $400 credit + get $50 extra voucher from Expedia4TD for being a "loyal customer "
I price matched once, was successful. Afaik they don't price match any more Thinking Face
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2008
1218 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: Apparently you can only get the 80k pts on FCT on one card during this season. You can convert the other card to AP Inf if you value Aeroplan, or Travel Plat for the extra 25k pts.
Tried to do both cards (one FCT one travel plat), but they said only one card can get the bonus... Anyone else getting this roadblock?
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
11934 posts
8564 upvotes
sometimes
sheepe wrote: Tried to do both cards (one FCT one travel plat), but they said only one card can get the bonus... Anyone else getting this roadblock?
Ahhhh, TD CT is moving towards "one welcome bonus every 6 months"...across all cards. Not sure to what extent they'll enforce it.

I'll still try my luck with Travel Plat before the current promo is over. Hopefully I'll get the 25k pts, since it's no longer "online only". I don't need Aeroplan for now.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2008
1218 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: Ahhhh, TD CT is moving towards "one welcome bonus every 6 months"...across all cards. Not sure to what extent they'll enforce it.

I'll still try my luck with Travel Plat before the current promo is over. Hopefully I'll get the 25k pts, since it's no longer "online only". I don't need Aeroplan for now.
Ok, convinced the rep to do it for me, that is FCT + the plat card.

Last question, how long do you guys usually wait before downgrading the card back to CB? 3-4 months?
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
11934 posts
8564 upvotes
sometimes
sheepe wrote: Ok, convinced the rep to do it for me, that is FCT + the plat card.

Last question, how long do you guys usually wait before downgrading the card back to CB? 3-4 months?
If churning (as in you won't use the card beyond MSR), then as soon as you get the WB pts.

FCT ain't bad, at 1.5x base earn (3pts/$1 spent). If you're saving up for a trip, it can be worth exceeding MSR. Of course, if you have other cards to work on, then by all means use those.

Travel Plat I quickly drawer after hitting MSR and downgrade once I get the WB. 1x earn in travel pts is super lame, can get base earn rate of 1% cashback on a plethora of cards.

Great DP that you were "eligible" for WB on FCT + TP, since it's what I intend to do. Thank you @sheepe
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2008
1218 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: If churning (as in you won't use the card beyond MSR), then as soon as you get the WB pts.

FCT ain't bad, at 1.5x base earn (3pts/$1 spent). If you're saving up for a trip, it can be worth exceeding MSR. Of course, if you have other cards to work on, then by all means use those.

Travel Plat I quickly drawer after hitting MSR and downgrade once I get the WB. 1x earn in travel pts is super lame, can get base earn rate of 1% cashback on a plethora of cards.

Great DP that you were "eligible" for WB on FCT + TP, since it's what I intend to do. Thank you @sheepe
So i guess for me i will be downgrading all of them back once i get the WB+1000$ spent on FCT and the WB on the platinum and transferring the points to my main FCT card where I collect all my points lol.

Thanks again!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2009
4827 posts
525 upvotes
Does Airbnb count as eligible for SCOTS?
titaniumtux wrote: TD pts are...
  • 0.5cpp if redeemed via Expedia4TD...80k = $400
  • 0.4cpp if redeemed as SCOTS (statement credit on travel spend)...80k = $320
  • 0.25cpp if redeemed as cashback...80k = $200

AFAIK Expedia4TD no longer price matches. Some may find it better to redeem as SCOTS if you can get cash fare much cheaper from another agency. Also consider the earn rate is 3pts/$1 spent, or 9pts/$1 spent on Expedia4TD if booked online...let's crunch some opportunity costs...
  • ticket is $400 on Expedia4TD, or $320 at other travel agency, redeem 80k, absolutely no difference. You earn 0 pts on credited purchase either way
  • ticket is $400 on either portal, book on Expedia4TD to cover full booking
  • ticket is $1k on Expedia4TD, then you'd redeem for $400, and off the remaining $600 earn 5.4k TD pts, worth $27 towards the next booking on Expedia4TD. If the same ticket is $920 elsewhere, you'd still book at Expedia4TD. If the same ticket is $700 elsewhere, SCOTS knocks it down to $380, and earn 1140 TD pts, worth $5.70 on next booking via Expedia4TD or $4.56 if redeemed as SCOTS on the next booking

Bottom line is you'd redeem as SCOTS if the 3rd party agency is substantially cheaper.

Opportunity cost changes the more pts you have.
Member
Aug 17, 2008
466 posts
191 upvotes
Quebec
Is it possible to open an online account if i'm not a TD banking customer?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1354 posts
876 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: I upgraded two Rewards no-AF cards to FCT. One in December, the other just recently.

You can switch from either cashback card to FCT and get the WB.
To clarify, both cards you product switched are under your name, and PS'd to the FCT? Within 3 months of each other?

If so... TD is willing to give you 20k + 60k on both of them?
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
11934 posts
8564 upvotes
sometimes
sports1 wrote: To clarify, both cards you product switched are under your name, and PS'd to the FCT? Within 3 months of each other?

If so... TD is willing to give you 20k + 60k on both of them?
1. Yes
2. No

First one (PS'd in December) gets 20+20k pts. The one from last Friday gets 20+60k pts. When I PS'd in December, 20+20k pts was the in-market, "online only" offer. Via phone, they only wanted to give me 20k and no FYF. I jumped through hoops to get the 20+20k online only offer via PS via phone.

None of that matters, as the entire game seems to be changing. I just sort of benefited from a potential time capsule loophole that probably can't be replicated, unless the same eclipse were to happen in the future. After this, next FCT for me will probably be in winter 2020.

Winter/spring 2018 I got 92k pts after churning FCT + Travel Plat. Winter/spring 2019 I'll have gained 150k TD pts after churning two FCT's, one Rewards card (hardly a churn, merely a "downgrade") and one Travel Plat that I'll PS to in May, assuming TD CT doesn't nix this sooner.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 8, 2002
4430 posts
764 upvotes
I applied to this this morning through online app and was instantly approved, no errors!

MSR should be hit pretty quickly. Can I also apply for the TD Aeroplan card with 30k WB and receive WB for both cards with no issue?

I know DPs have been suggesting both, but has anyone with no TD history applied for both in a short window and received both WBs?
Newbie
Jan 31, 2015
62 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Any data points on when the 60k points get posted?
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
11934 posts
8564 upvotes
sometimes
joshmxpx wrote: I applied to this this morning through online app and was instantly approved, no errors!

MSR should be hit pretty quickly. Can I also apply for the TD Aeroplan card with 30k WB and receive WB for both cards with no issue?

I know DPs have been suggesting both, but has anyone with no TD history applied for both in a short window and received both WBs?
Some have been getting it, but YMMV. Looks like TD CT is shifting towards one WB per 6 months across all cards, but they're not fully enforcing that, even until now. @sheepe reported couldn't switch to FCT + API for full WB on both, but FCT + TP (TP has smaller WB) they seem to be ok with. That can change any time, and will greatly vary depending on which CSR you speak with.

All I can recommend is the moment you speak with a CSR who will promise you the world, insist that they put what they promised in the notes to make sure it gets honoured.
Scrinner wrote: Any data points on when the 60k points get posted?
Generally the second part of the WB posts 2-3 billing cycles after hitting MSR. I've received the WB within the 90 days of card activation in the past, so big YMMV.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)