Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2013
1181 posts
329 upvotes
ON
Question for the experts - I haven't received my points yet and I will wait till the 90th day (3rd statement). However, in the meantime, if I book a hotel from ExpediaForTD. Can I apply all my points after and still receive 200 pts per dollar?

IF that is the case, isn't it always better to book without using points, receive 9 x points and apply all of the points AFTER it has been posted on the statement (For ExpediaforTD booking). Otherwise, you only get 9 x points on the net amount (cost - points used)
Jan 10, 2011
491 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Pursuit2013 wrote: Question for the experts - I haven't received my points yet and I will wait till the 90th day (3rd statement). However, in the meantime, if I book a hotel from ExpediaForTD. Can I apply all my points after and still receive 200 pts per dollar?

IF that is the case, isn't it always better to book without using points, receive 9 x points and apply all of the points AFTER it has been posted on the statement (For ExpediaforTD booking). Otherwise, you only get 9 x points on the net amount (cost - points used)
I GUESS when you use the points, you redeem them directly to your booking cost, not afterward credit.

For example, if you are booking a $300 hotel, and you have $200 value of points, you can redeem these $200 worth of points and only pay $100 to your credit card.

For travel booked elsewhere, you charge the full cost to you card first then use your points to redeem.
Last edited by tailetong on Apr 4th, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2015
302 posts
403 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Pursuit2013 wrote: Question for the experts - I haven't received my points yet and I will wait till the 90th day (3rd statement). However, in the meantime, if I book a hotel from ExpediaForTD. Can I apply all my points after and still receive 200 pts per dollar?

Really good question, I want to know as well.
In the same vein - if you were to do it separately, does it make a difference? Can we apply the bonus 9x points from the booking to the same transaction after?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2013
1181 posts
329 upvotes
ON
tailetong wrote: I GUESS when you use the points, you redeem them directly to your booking cost, not afterward credit.

For example, if you are booking a $300 hotel, and you have $200 value of points, you can redeem these $200 worth of points and only pay $100 to your credit card.

For travel booked elsewhere, you charge the full cost to you card first then use your points to redeem.
Right. So using your example, if I book that hotel using ExpediaForTD and don't use the points toward the purchase. I get 2,700 points ($300 * 9 points) on the full amount. I can then use my $200 worth of points PLUS $13.5 (2,700/200 pts per dollar) against the same booking. Is this correct? Or am I getting this all wrong?
Jan 10, 2011
491 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Pursuit2013 wrote: Right. So using your example, if I book that hotel using ExpediaForTD and don't use the points toward the purchase. I get 2,700 points ($300 * 9 points) on the full amount. I can then use my $200 worth of points PLUS $13.5 (2,700/200 pts per dollar) against the same booking. Is this correct? Or am I getting this all wrong?
You can't apply points toward TD Expedia purchase you already made.

It can only be applied to future TD Expedia purchase. Or other travel purchase you made elsewhere, but not TD Expedia.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2013
1181 posts
329 upvotes
ON
tailetong wrote: You can't apply points toward TD Expedia purchase you already made.

It can only be applied to future TD Expedia purchase. Or other travel purchase you made elsewhere, but not TD Expedia.
Really? I actually called ExpediaForTD and spoke with 3 different reps and all of them gave me different answers, really annoying.

1st rep said it can only be done at the point of purchase and after that it can be applied 200 pts per dollar.
2nd rep said as long as its booked via ExpediaForTD you can apply at 250pts per dollar.
3rd rep said as long as you apply the points after the purchase, its always 200 pts per dollar.

Would be useful to hear from those have already gone through the process
Jan 10, 2011
491 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Pursuit2013 wrote: Really? I actually called ExpediaForTD and spoke with 3 different reps and all of them gave me different answers, really annoying.

1st rep said it can only be done at the point of purchase and after that it can be applied 200 pts per dollar.
2nd rep said as long as its booked via ExpediaForTD you can apply at 250pts per dollar.
3rd rep said as long as you apply the points after the purchase, its always 200 pts per dollar.

I only have the first 20k points posted, so I tried TD Expedia site with it but didn't finish the booking, as I'm still waiting for the rest 60k posted.

When book on the TD Expedia site, it will automatically give you the option to use your points toward the purchase amount, and pay the rest with credit card.

I'm not sure about the afterward redemption can be applied or not toward TD Expedia purchase you made before, or at what ratio.

If you are getting conflict answers from their CSR then I'm looking forward to a confirmed answer as well. But logically, it shouldn't work like that.
Feb 16, 2011
27 posts
5 upvotes
Is this card better than the grandfather capital one aspire card in terms of travel points?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2803 posts
2613 upvotes
YYZ
Just got an offer in the mail for 20k welcome and 80k bonus. Only catch is it's 5k spend in 3 months.
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Apr 23, 2017
901 posts
480 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: Just got an offer in the mail for 20k welcome and 80k bonus. Only catch is it's 5k spend in 3 months.
does anyone know if they're going to devalue TD points, coz it looks like they're offering significantly more compared to last yr - not specific to the above comment, but in general?
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Feb 9, 2011
3 posts
16 upvotes
Pursuit2013 wrote: Really? I actually called ExpediaForTD and spoke with 3 different reps and all of them gave me different answers, really annoying.

If you want the best redemption value, you need to apply the points at time of purchase on ExpediaForTD where 200 points will give you $1 off your travel purchase. If you want to use the "redeem any travel" option, you can go with any travel provider and apply the points as a statement credit afterwards but at a lower redemption rate - every 250 points you redeem gives you $1. Even if your purchase was with ExpediaForTD, but you are applying points after the fact, you will be getting it at the lower redemption rate only.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
bLuPhYrE wrote: Just got an offer in the mail for 20k welcome and 80k bonus. Only catch is it's 5k spend in 3 months.
Can you show us what it says?
Feb 11, 2017
137 posts
84 upvotes
Can I take advantage of this deal by applying for the card today and booking a flight right after. Would I be able to use the points to get a statement credit or would I have to wait for the card to come in the mail before I can do anything? I need to purchase an international flight ticket for June and the prices right now are crazy expensive. Newbie question.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
BoomMojo wrote: Can I take advantage of this deal by applying for the card today and booking a flight right after. Would I be able to use the points to get a statement credit or would I have to wait for the card to come in the mail before I can do anything? I need to purchase an international flight ticket for June and the prices right now are crazy expensive. Newbie question.
You will have to wait for the card to come in.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2803 posts
2613 upvotes
YYZ
Arrgh wrote: Can you show us what it says?
sorry threw it out, but essentially it was 20k welcome bonus, and 80k bonus for a 5k spend within 3 months. also fee waived for first year.
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1312 posts
499 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'm wondering if it's better to apply for this card as it's FYF or product switch from Aeroplan. Safer as a new app for getting the welcome points I'm guessing.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
3117 posts
1665 upvotes
90K points through the business version with $5K spend in 3 months.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)