Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

Feb 23, 2010
143 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
I got welcome bonus about 4 months ago on my aeroplan infinite visa card. I called in to switch to FCT card and the rep confirmed I'll be getting the welcome bonus on this new card as well. As of this morning, 20000 points are posted on my account. Just need to spend $1000 to get the extra 60000 points.

So I think it's one welcome bonus for each card every 6 months. You can get the bonus if you are switching to a different card within 6 months.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2991 posts
223 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone get there $400 yet? I just got my c.c's in the mail yesterday,
Hello
Oct 25, 2007
824 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
titaniumtux wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 12:31 am
1. Yes
2. No

First one (PS'd in December) gets 20+20k pts. The one from last Friday gets 20+60k pts. When I PS'd in December, 20+20k pts was the in-market, "online only" offer. Via phone, they only wanted to give me 20k and no FYF. I jumped through hoops to get the 20+20k online only offer via PS via phone.

None of that matters, as the entire game seems to be changing. I just sort of benefited from a potential time capsule loophole that probably can't be replicated, unless the same eclipse were to happen in the future. After this, next FCT for me will probably be in winter 2020.

Winter/spring 2018 I got 92k pts after churning FCT + Travel Plat. Winter/spring 2019 I'll have gained 150k TD pts after churning two FCT's, one Rewards card (hardly a churn, merely a "downgrade") and one Travel Plat that I'll PS to in May, assuming TD CT doesn't nix this sooner.
Hmm my case is First FCT in May 2018-downgraded to No Fee Rewards in Aug-2018. PSed No fee rewards to FCT again in March-2019 and met MSR 1k, but no 20k+60K. Was told this once a FCT and cannot get the WB.
Despite the recording of the CSR clearely states the PS is applicable for WB.
Dont have energy and time to escalate..

The manager is clearly mentioning there is no such "6 Month" rule for WB. Once a FCT , then any subsequent PS's will not get the WB.
May 8, 2009
8912 posts
4667 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
mkannuri wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 2:39 pm
Hmm my case is First FCT in May 2018-downgraded to No Fee Rewards in Aug-2018. PSed No fee rewards to FCT again in March-2019 and met MSR 1k, but no 20k+60K. Was told this once a FCT and cannot get the WB.
Despite the recording of the CSR clearely states the PS is applicable for WB.
Dont have energy and time to escalate..

The manager is clearly mentioning there is no such "6 Month" rule for WB. Once a FCT , then any subsequent PS's will not get the WB.
This is very strange. I'd escalate if you were originally promised the full 80k WB.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Sep 30, 2013
236 posts
150 upvotes
North Vancouver
How long did this one take to get in the mail? it said 3-5 business days, but I'm still yet to get it after 2 weeks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8172 posts
1929 upvotes
I upgraded my card from a Classic Travel about two weeks ago. Got the card yesterday with the 1st statement which had the rebate for the first year.
Last edited by bobcat99 on Mar 19th, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1635 posts
348 upvotes
just spent over 10k on TD VISA, can I switch this this card to get the points?
Oct 25, 2007
824 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
titaniumtux wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 2:51 pm
This is very strange. I'd escalate if you were originally promised the full 80k WB.
Yep, there is another rfd member already escalated and i am waiting for his/her resolution.
basically i got the info from a supervisor upon escalation and now i need to escalate beyond supervisor and need lot of patience and time.
for sure i will have to fight other wise i will dinged with AF $120 as the system recognizes this card was once a FCT and does not automatically rebate..unless there is a manual intervention by the escalation.
I guess its churning td cards are also getting tighter..
May 8, 2009
8912 posts
4667 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
mkannuri wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 3:27 pm
Yep, there is another rfd member already escalated and i am waiting for his/her resolution.
basically i got the info from a supervisor upon escalation and now i need to escalate beyond supervisor and need lot of patience and time.
for sure i will have to fight other wise i will dinged with AF $120 as the system recognizes this card was once a FCT and does not automatically rebate..unless there is a manual intervention by the escalation.
Still, always YMMV. Been getting different info from different reps. When I get the info I want to hear, I get the rep to make note of it, and make sure it gets honoured. Been working flawlessly so far.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Mar 30, 2018
163 posts
68 upvotes
You can still pricematch the hotels, no?

We’re so confident you’ll find the best price for your trip on Expedia For TD that we guarantee it! If you find a cheaper identical trip within 24 hours of booking a package (flight + hotel) or a cheaper hotel rate up to 48 hours before check-in, we’ll refund the difference.

To take advantage of the Price Guarantee, you must submit a claim online within 24 hours of your Expedia For TD booking for flight + hotel, or within 48 hours prior to check-in for your standalone hotel booking. The claim will be verified by our customer service representatives and you'll be contacted with respect to the validity of your claim within 72 hours.

Expedia For TD Price Guarantee applies only to standalone hotel bookings or flight + hotel bookings. Claims are accepted only via our online form. Email and call requests will not be honored.

titaniumtux wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 11:49 am
I price matched once, was successful. Afaik they don't price match any more Thinking Face
Apr 23, 2017
259 posts
164 upvotes
Can someone pl help answering these q's. I have read through the pages but still a tad bit confused, (or may be cz it's YMMV on these cards).

1. I have a FCT currently, Can I apply for this card again to get the WB? Not even if I downgrade to no fee and put in a fresh FCT application?
2. IF I apply for the TD Aeroplan alongside the FCT, Can I get the WB on both the cards?

TIA
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8172 posts
1929 upvotes
mkannuri wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 3:27 pm
I upgraded a couple weeks ago and was told I would get the first year free and the 80000 points. I got the rebate on my first statement but haven't use the card yet so don't whether I will get the point.
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
May 8, 2009
8912 posts
4667 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
srz5095 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 3:51 pm
You can still pricematch the hotels, no?

We’re so confident you’ll find the best price for your trip on Expedia For TD that we guarantee it! If you find a cheaper identical trip within 24 hours of booking a package (flight + hotel) or a cheaper hotel rate up to 48 hours before check-in, we’ll refund the difference.

To take advantage of the Price Guarantee, you must submit a claim online within 24 hours of your Expedia For TD booking for flight + hotel, or within 48 hours prior to check-in for your standalone hotel booking. The claim will be verified by our customer service representatives and you'll be contacted with respect to the validity of your claim within 72 hours.

Expedia For TD Price Guarantee applies only to standalone hotel bookings or flight + hotel bookings. Claims are accepted only via our online form. Email and call requests will not be honored.

Good to know!
yugsekwaf wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 4:13 pm
Can someone pl help answering these q's. I have read through the pages but still a tad bit confused, (or may be cz it's YMMV on these cards).

1. I have a FCT currently, Can I apply for this card again to get the WB? Not even if I downgrade to no fee and put in a fresh FCT application?
2. IF I apply for the TD Aeroplan alongside the FCT, Can I get the WB on both the cards?

TIA
  1. you can apply for a 2nd FCT, or downgrade, wait 21+ days, and upgrade again
  2. YMMV
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2005
1755 posts
92 upvotes
Calgary
Scrinner wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 9:25 am
Any data points on when the 60k points get posted?
When the the min. spend cross $1,000. My 20k posted last Friday. 60k posted today.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

arvsingh