Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2290 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
joshmxpx wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 8:44 am
I applied to this this morning through online app and was instantly approved, no errors!

MSR should be hit pretty quickly. Can I also apply for the TD Aeroplan card with 30k WB and receive WB for both cards with no issue?

I know DPs have been suggesting both, but has anyone with no TD history applied for both in a short window and received both WBs?
Do you have any TD products when you applied? (accessing the application through EasyWeb?)
Eat, Sleep & Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Jul 29, 2016
51 posts
12 upvotes
I have the cashback visa infinite card. If I switch to this, I should be eligible for the bonus points right? Do they report my account as closed and open a new account with credit reporting agencies (Equifax and Transunion) or do they keep the same account? Since these are two separate product classes I expect my credit card number to change.
Oct 3, 2018
774 posts
732 upvotes
GTA
jpistone wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 6:07 pm
what does the reference to "PS" mean?
It took me a couple of minutes to figure out lol

PS = Product Switch
Jan 31, 2015
52 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
engo wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 4:56 pm
When the the min. spend cross $1,000. My 20k posted last Friday. 60k posted today.
Beautiful, i'll wait a day or two.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4073 posts
442 upvotes
asdisme wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 7:42 pm
Do you have any TD products when you applied? (accessing the application through EasyWeb?)
No prior experience with any TD products, applied through regular public website
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1005 posts
499 upvotes
Reading this thread more thoroughly it seems like I missed something... TD denying WB across different family of cards?

Scenario: I have the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite which I applied for and was approved in February 2019. I have a TD Rewards Visa I'm looking to PS into the FCT (many DPs suggest this is possible and still reap 20k + 60k WB + MSR bonus, but only from those that seemingly have only PS into FCT without applying for Aeroplan Visa Infinite).

Some posts I've read are now suggesting that I may not actually get the 20k + 60k WB on the FCT due to some reps enforcing the 6 month rule across a different 'family' of cards (I am defining a CC family by its reward earn type, e.g. Aeroplan, Reward points, Cashback, etc.)

Am I correct in saying that my ability to earn the 20k+60k WB on the FCT seems to be YMMV for me in the above scenario?
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2009
9208 posts
4964 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
sports1 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:40 pm
Reading this thread more thoroughly it seems like I missed something... TD denying WB across different family of cards?

Scenario: I have the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite which I applied for and was approved in February 2019. I have a TD Rewards Visa I'm looking to PS into the FCT (many DPs suggest this is possible and still reap 20k + 60k WB + MSR bonus, but only from those that seemingly have only PS into FCT without applying for Aeroplan Visa Infinite).

Some posts I've read are now suggesting that I may not actually get the 20k + 60k WB on the FCT due to some reps enforcing the 6 month rule across a different 'family' of cards (I am defining a CC family by its reward earn type, e.g. Aeroplan, Reward points, Cashback, etc.)

Am I correct in saying that it seems to be YMMV for me in the above scenario?
We're all learning.

DP's contradict what CSR's say.

HUCA until you get what you want Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Theoretically, it's one WB per six months across all TD CT cards. Some reps seem to enforce this but only for TD FCT/API (both "infinite travel cards"), whereas some DP's where ppl got both.

My DP is I hold an FCT, and gonna get WB on a 2nd one. Suggests that it's one WB on FCT for this season.

None of this makes sense. But let's hammer it because TD CT is obviously thirsty for card activations and "upgrades".
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Oct 16, 2012
34 posts
17 upvotes
DP for me is a quite weird one... I PS from Infinite Cash Back to FCT and I received 20k points after first purchase and only 20k after 1k spend.... one rep said that I got that second 20k after 1k spend by mistake and should see another 60k points within 8 weeks... another rep said that I am getting these points separately. I don't know who to believe anymore, my mistake is not having the rep write down in the notes from the product switch that I should get 20k + 60k points... live and learn I guess.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2290 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
joshmxpx wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 9:33 pm
No prior experience with any TD products, applied through regular public website
Hopefully that means being stuck @ 90% is being fixed.

Thanks for info!
Eat, Sleep & Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4073 posts
442 upvotes
asdisme wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 1:07 am
Hopefully that means being stuck @ 90% is being fixed.

Thanks for info!
Applied for the Aeroplan card last night as well, and got through application without issue again. Now just waiting to see if I can get both WBs
Dec 8, 2006
579 posts
141 upvotes
sports1 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:40 pm

Am I correct in saying that my ability to earn the 20k+60k WB on the FCT seems to be YMMV for me in the above scenario?
In the same boat with a Visa Infinite Cash back card. If its been greater than 6 months, then you're eligible for the welcome bonus? Is the best way to call in to switch?
Nov 9, 2018
10 posts
9 upvotes
I'm an existing TD customer and got approved instantly upon application submission.
They're sending it in the mail.
Oct 28, 2005
399 posts
171 upvotes
Is anyone having trouble applying for the card? I get to the last screen in the application and it says it's going to ask me some question based on my credit file, but the questions never show up, and submit button doesn't work, so I can't complete the application. I disabled my ad blocker before applying. I tried from two different networks and I get the same result. What am I missing?
Sep 22, 2012
278 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Does the welcome letter mentions the 60k bonus points?
mine only mentions the 20k welcome pt.
On hold with the agent, he thinks the 60k bonus not applicable if I applied online.. Bull...

Update: after holding for 10 min or so, he came back and said I will receive the 60k bonus, just the welcome letter doesn't state it.