Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
@bizee-bee just got my bonus 60k pts. Mind you, I hit >$2k spend on the card. The earn rate after WB still isn't bad. Will downgrade it in the coming months.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Apr 3, 2018
296 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
woob wrote: Promotion runs from March 4th to June 2nd.

Welcome Bonus of 20k TD Points after first purchase, Additional 60k TD Points after $1000 spend within 3 months. (For QC, no minimum spend required, extra 60k points will appear in 90 days of good standing.)
The annual fee is rebated for the first year.

80k TD points is worth $400 on ExpediaForTD, or $320 statement credit on any travel related purchase.

Deal is now live and can be easily found on the website.

Notable fine print:
Thanks OP.

if I apply for the card now, do I still have another 3 months to spend the $1000, or it needs to be spent before June 2 in order to get the 60K bonus?

Thanks.
Jan 8, 2015
450 posts
389 upvotes
Mississauga
Fechin wrote: Thanks OP.

if I apply for the card now, do I still have another 3 months to spend the $1000, or it needs to be spent before June 2 in order to get the 60K bonus?

Thanks.
3 months since account opening

Can apply June 1st and take 3 months after
Apr 3, 2018
296 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
sebakaa wrote: 3 months since account opening

Can apply June 1st and take 3 months after
Got that! Thanks for the info.
Dec 8, 2010
721 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
How easy or difficult for Expedia for TD to do a PM? I found the link below. I think the bolded T&C makes it difficult to do the PM. For example: Accorhotels has a 30% off + free breakfast if you’re a registered member (which is basically anyone can get). I think Expedia for TD will not PM as they cannot see the discounted price without logging into an Accorhotels account.

https://www.expediafortd.com/price/guarantee/info

Comparison Rates Must Be Available to the General Public Online. The Price Guarantee applies only to prices both advertised and available to the general public on a CAD website or app in the language and currency matching the itinerary. For example, this does not include promotional codes or vouchers; rates offered on membership program websites or cash-back websites; corporate rates or discounts; group, charter, rewards program, incentive, meeting, convention, consolidator or interline prices; prices obtained via auction or similar process; prices available only by using a voucher or other promotion not offered to the general public. The lower rate may not come from a website or app where you are required to call or log-in to receive the rate, or from an e-mail that you have received. The price must be quoted, booked, and paid for in the currency corresponding to the relevant itinerary.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2916 posts
4473 upvotes
West
Data point for those who were missing the 20k after first purchase, and who had product switched into the card after previously holding a FCT under the same account at some point, even if >6 months.

Called in, CSR checked with her supervisor. Got the 20k credited with zero effort, but they "wanted to inform me that there's only one welcome bonus allotted per credit card account in its lifespan".

The system seems to track it now and won't credit welcome bonuses automatically (I have 2 personal data points to support this now), though I think that only applies for the "first purchase" bonuses. Still seem to get the MSR bonuses automatically, since the 60k posted once $1000 was exceeded and the statement period closed.
Sep 15, 2013
16 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
Really nice deal. I’m going to try to apply for this offer . Thank you !
Dec 8, 2010
721 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Phonophoresis wrote: Data point for those who were missing the 20k after first purchase, and who had product switched into the card after previously holding a FCT under the same account at some point, even if >6 months.

Called in, CSR checked with her supervisor. Got the 20k credited with zero effort, but they "wanted to inform me that there's only one welcome bonus allotted per credit card account in its lifespan".

The system seems to track it now and won't credit welcome bonuses automatically (I have 2 personal data points to support this now), though I think that only applies for the "first purchase" bonuses. Still seem to get the MSR bonuses automatically, since the 60k posted once $1000 was exceeded and the statement period closed.
Thanks. How long did the 20K show up in your account? The next day or next billing cycle?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1678 posts
585 upvotes
Already have this card for over 1 year. Can someone apply for second card and get bonuses?
Mar 7, 2011
688 posts
1044 upvotes
I opened Aeroplan card about 3 months ago. Can I do product switch to this card and get bonus points?
May 30, 2011
119 posts
81 upvotes
Calgary
Data point - did a product switch on April 2, met the min. spending requirement and received the full 80,000 WB yesterday.
Jun 12, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
if i cancel the card within one year, will all un-used points got cancel as well?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
hereim2 wrote: if i cancel the card within one year, will all un-used points got cancel as well?
you should redeem all yr pts before cancelling ...

as soon as you cancel, your card will be removed from the reward site and you will have to call in to redeem ...

i was told i have like 90 days to redeem after cancellation, but you will get lousy redemption rate ...
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2329 posts
878 upvotes
How long had you held the card your switched from?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2329 posts
878 upvotes
I called in and switched my Infinite Aeroplan to this one. I got the Aeroplan card about 3 months ago and the 30k miles. I was assured I'd get the 80k points and FYF. I asked for a note on my file and he said, don't worry, the calls are recorded so they can play it back if there's an issue.
Aug 5, 2018
53 posts
28 upvotes
Does anybody have recommendations for travel insurance other than the one provided by the credit card? Headed to Asia for 31 days.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
DesertedIsland wrote: Does anybody have recommendations for travel insurance other than the one provided by the credit card? Headed to Asia for 31 days.
Try CAA
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
DP:

Received my +60k for hitting $1k MSR on my statement cycle (which was 2 days ago).

Shows as +80k points in my account but I don't actually see the +60k addition yet in the Earn > Rewards History tab at the TD rewards website.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)