Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Dec 8, 2010
622 posts
255 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
I am waiting for the remaining 60K points to show up, but I need to book my hotel now. Can I apply the points few days after the hotel booking is completed?

Edit: I think the answer is yes, but as a statement credit of $240 instead of $300 if I do directly at the time of booking through Expedia for TD.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1624 posts
1187 upvotes
I'm still waiting on my 20k WB, something tells me I'm not going to get it automatically and will have to call in...

I had the rep write down on my account, and confirm with his supervisor when I applied that I would be eligible for the 20k + 60k offer doing a product switch from my TD Rewards visa (aggressive churn, I did the switch maybe 1 week after the 6 month mark since I last held the TD FCT).
Jan 10, 2011
178 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
For those who had the points posted, they have a coupon code hotel100 to save $100 on hotels over $500 before tax and fees. Ending soon, check tdrewards homepage for details.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2000 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got the FCT card and my 80k bonus all within a few weeks I think...if I do a PS so soon to the aeroplan card would I still qualify for the 30K aeroplan pts or would I need to do a new app?
Jul 11, 2009
281 posts
77 upvotes
I just received a pre-approval for TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card, with the welcome bonus, etc. I was leaning towards this First Class Travel card over that Aeroplan one.

Three questions:
1. is there a hard credit check on a pre-approval?
1. can I just call them to switch the offer to the card in this thread?
3. which card would you recommend? Aeroplan Infinite or First Class Travel Infinite?

thanks
Dec 2, 2017
371 posts
272 upvotes
sports1 wrote: I'm still waiting on my 20k WB, something tells me I'm not going to get it automatically and will have to call in...

I had the rep write down on my account, and confirm with his supervisor when I applied that I would be eligible for the 20k + 60k offer doing a product switch from my TD Rewards visa (aggressive churn, I did the switch maybe 1 week after the 6 month mark since I last held the TD FCT).
Same here. I received the FY credit though so it's a good sign at least.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1256 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
I applied by its pending approval. I am a TD customer. Does anyone know how long it takes to approve?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5528 posts
4434 upvotes
awaisuk wrote: I applied by its pending approval. I am a TD customer. Does anyone know how long it takes to approve?
Could be within an hour after you apply. If you really want to know the status you can call TD and quote your application reference number. However if they haven’t processed your application yet then you may have to wait, unlike with AMEX they can provide a decision on the spot when you call in.

Or if you bank with TD then look for a new Visa card at your TD EasyWeb page in 2 days.
Dec 8, 2010
622 posts
255 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
tailetong wrote: For those who had the points posted, they have a coupon code hotel100 to save $100 on hotels over $500 before tax and fees. Ending soon, check tdrewards homepage for details.
Just used it today. The code expires tomorrow
(April 19th).
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23685 posts
5369 upvotes
where I belong
tailetong wrote: For those who had the points posted, they have a coupon code hotel100 to save $100 on hotels over $500 before tax and fees. Ending soon, check tdrewards homepage for details.
Spring into savings with your next hotel booking on ExpediaForTD.com and see why Expedia For TD makes it easy to find the perfect hotel.
You could save $100 on hotel bookings over $500 when booking by April 19, 2019 for travel by October 31, 2019. Availability is limited!
Redeem Voucher Code HOTEL100 Now!

This promo code discount applies only to stand-alone hotel bookings (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product or offering such as flight + hotel or flight + hotel + car) that are prepaid at the time of booking (subject to the restrictions set out in the Terms and Conditions below). Terms and conditions apply.

Both my 60K are in after statement date (18th)

I used the coupon twice for 2 occasions, making basically my hotel stay free, YAH
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Aug 6, 2012
415 posts
34 upvotes
EDMONTON
If I currently have this card, is there any way I can cancel and get the card promo?

Will I have to do another credit check or whats the optimal way to switch?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23685 posts
5369 upvotes
where I belong
technique wrote: If I currently have this card, is there any way I can cancel and get the card promo?

Will I have to do another credit check or whats the optimal way to switch?
I suggest
- switch TD FCT to TD Aeroplan and hopefully get the 30K Aeroplan free after $1000 (no credit check)
- apply for new TD FCT after a bit, then hope to get 80K as well (credit check here possibly)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Jul 23, 2007
175 posts
28 upvotes
York
Was told I was eligible for the 80k points bonus when I did the product switch from cash back credit card to First Class, but never received any points but got annual fee rebated.
Called today and was told I already had a TD First Class before and did a product switch therefore will not receive 80k welcome bonus.
EuRaFree wrote: Same here. I received the FY credit though so it's a good sign at least.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4686 posts
1676 upvotes
Winnipeg
One thing to note regarding TD product switches. They only work if the card being switched has not been that product specifically. This is why some people get the bonus with a switch and some do not.

TD now keeps same card #s with switches so it’s easy for them to keep track.

If you get this card as a new application, when you get and use the bonus points, switch it to the Aeroplan card (30k bonus FYF). And vice versa!
Aug 6, 2012
415 posts
34 upvotes
EDMONTON
jerryhung wrote: I suggest
- switch TD FCT to TD Aeroplan and hopefully get the 30K Aeroplan free after $1000 (no credit check)
- apply for new TD FCT after a bit, then hope to get 80K as well (credit check here possibly)
Hm, i kind of have done something similar. Has anyone found out whether or not it is possible to get more than 1 promotion within 6 months?

I had a cash bate card that i tried switching to the FCT, but now im wondering if i can switch my old FCT to a aeroplan to get both promos going on right now.