Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

Aug 6, 2012
365 posts
33 upvotes
EDMONTON
jerryhung wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 5:52 pm
I suggest
- switch TD FCT to TD Aeroplan and hopefully get the 30K Aeroplan free after $1000 (no credit check)
- apply for new TD FCT after a bit, then hope to get 80K as well (credit check here possibly)
Hm, i kind of have done something similar. Has anyone found out whether or not it is possible to get more than 1 promotion within 6 months?

I had a cash bate card that i tried switching to the FCT, but now im wondering if i can switch my old FCT to a aeroplan to get both promos going on right now.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1153 posts
516 upvotes
ysg103907 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 9:36 am
Talked to the rep over the phone this morning and I was able to split my pre approved amount to two different cards.
franklin777 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 8:22 pm
My wife & I both bank with TD & we tried to apply for this credit card through TD EASYWEB. We both got pre-approval however it only states the 20k pts WB after 1st purchase and nothing about the 60k pts after 1k minimum purchase within 90 days. Anyone has same experience?
tailetong wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 8:52 am
I got a pre-approved offer for a 10k limit, just wondering if I can split this 10k into two 5k and got pre-approved for both this card and the aeroplan card to get the bonus from both.

I know I can choose how much limit I want when submit the form but has anyone tried this before?
Did you get the bonus points/miles that OP has in this thread for accepting the pre-approval or do you generally have to apply through the specific link that has a specific offer code to get the bonus points and accepting a preapproval isn't eligible for points offers such as the 1 listed in OP?
Jan 10, 2011
72 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
adilh53 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 4:25 pm
Did you get the bonus points/miles that OP has in this thread for accepting the pre-approval or do you generally have to apply through the specific link that has a specific offer code to get the bonus points and accepting a preapproval isn't eligible for points offers such as the 1 listed in OP?
I just called in and mention i had an preapproved offer in my account and submit the request over the phone. I did get the 80k points after the first statement. I believe preapproved offer ties to the account, not link, unless the special preapproved link with more bonus points.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1005 posts
498 upvotes
sports1 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 3:31 am
I'm still waiting on my 20k WB, something tells me I'm not going to get it automatically and will have to call in...

I had the rep write down on my account, and confirm with his supervisor when I applied that I would be eligible for the 20k + 60k offer doing a product switch from my TD Rewards visa (aggressive churn, I did the switch maybe 1 week after the 6 month mark since I last held the TD FCT).
Right, I ended up calling in and the rep told me that the FCT welcome bonus is once per card (she referred to the "we reserve the right to limit this bonus to once per account" term). So the previous rep who told me you could switch in and get it probably was one of the nicer ones, and because I asked him to leave a note on my account the rep today was able to honour the 20k WB offer (after speaking with her supervisor).

She said the 60k should be automatic as long as I meet MSR. And she confirmed that I wouldn't have any issues getting the bonus if I opened up a new trade line (which most of us know).

So, beware if you're doing a product switch: do your due diligence and make sure the rep leaves a note on your account, otherwise good luck getting the WB when it doesn't post.
Nov 6, 2006
542 posts
30 upvotes
Montréal
Hi,

Regarding this card, since we got td points, do I keep the points if I close this credit card ?

If yes , is there a way to keep the points and use the points with another card than this TD FCT .?

That ks
[OP]
Jul 16, 2007
259 posts
225 upvotes
waltereo wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 11:55 pm
Hi,

Regarding this card, since we got td points, do I keep the points if I close this credit card ?

If yes , is there a way to keep the points and use the points with another card than this TD FCT .?

That ks
You can switch to the td rewards visa card. You will keep the points and there is no annual fee.
Jan 7, 2015
374 posts
42 upvotes
GVR
Planning to book an international flight that costs $800 tax inclusive. Will booking through Expedia for TD net me $400 off the price of the ticket with 80k points? Or am I only allowed to redeem my points for tickets that cost a maximum of $400?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1952 posts
1029 upvotes
Etobicoke
CornPops wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 5:12 am
Planning to book an international flight that costs $800 tax inclusive. Will booking through Expedia for TD net me $400 off the price of the ticket with 80k points? Or am I only allowed to redeem my points for tickets that cost a maximum of $400?
Yes

Go to td rewards and book a flight through Expedia4td. At checkout choose option to redeem your points and $400 will be used from reward and rest you will pay with your credit card.

So, $400 using points rest $400 on Credit card.
Jan 7, 2015
374 posts
42 upvotes
GVR
specialoffers wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 5:22 am
Yes

Go to td rewards and book a flight through Expedia4td. At checkout choose option to redeem your points and $400 will be used from reward and rest you will pay with your credit card.

That makes this deal super sweet. Will definitely look into applying now.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1461 posts
575 upvotes
specialoffers wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 5:22 am
Yes

Just to add: you need to first spend $1k to get the points before you go to book your flight.
Jan 13, 2009
287 posts
88 upvotes
So at some point in this thread someone said that for those who applied to aeroplane recently and received their 30k points there, if they switch to FCT now they will be eligible to receive this 80k bonus. Is this true? Can someone please confirm? Sound way too good to be true.
Someone said you have to wait 3 or 6 months .. is it 3 or 6? When did the clock start ticking exactly?
Oct 3, 2018
771 posts
730 upvotes
GTA
CornPops wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 5:26 am
That makes this deal super sweet. Will definitely look into applying now.
And 3x points on amount charged to your TD credit card via Expedia4TD

+ Travel Insurance Benefits

Of course, the 3x points will be a benefit, only if you decide to keep card for awhile :)
May 16, 2010
87 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver
can the bonus points be used to buy Disneyland tickets? or how do i just use it for cash to credit my account?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4368 posts
1268 upvotes
Winnipeg
Can’t remember, should the extra 60k show up right after spending $1000 or next statement?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4382 posts
2361 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:04 pm
Can’t remember, should the extra 60k show up right after spending $1000 or next statement?
Bonus 60K after $1K spent, at the next statement.

Initial 20K after first purchase should appear after that purchase is posted to EasyWeb, right away.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

milanoL