Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Aug 27, 2009
816 posts
174 upvotes
Just for Data Point:

I used to have both TDFCT & TDAPI for a couple years and got bonuses every few months by product switching FCT to API and vice versa. Eventually they stopped giving me points and told me I wouldn’t receive any points in the future. I merged the cards together and downgraded to CB.

Fast forward about 9 months to March 4th, I upgrade the CB to API and split off 5k to create a new FCT. I received the 15000 AP on first purchase and 20,000 TD points on first purchase. I spent $1k+ on each card last month.

Just received statements and I received the 15,000 AP on $1000 purchase and the 60,000 TD points on the FCT.

All in all, I received 30,000 AP and 80,000 TD points.

Hope this helps.
Mar 5, 2017
60 posts
11 upvotes
I have received my 80000 points with TD FCT and now wondering to switch to Aeroplan to get the 30000 miles. How long will I have to spend the TD points if I switch to the Aeroplan card?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5675 posts
1436 upvotes
Milton
still waiting for my 80k points. I spent over $1500 in less than a month

edit:
nvm I see it applied now on my app :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8764 posts
3211 upvotes
Toronto
bubak wrote: What's the best thing to do when the year is up to maintain your points? Downgrade to no-AF TD Rewards? Can you later apply for a new FCT and merge the points? How hard is it to merge the points?
Yes. From a no-fee reward card to product switch to the FCT, you'll need to activate the new card, then ask for the points to be forwarded.
Apr 3, 2018
168 posts
84 upvotes
Ottawa
Applied last weekend, the website said it's pending approval...not any news since them...
Oct 25, 2001
614 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto
For points balance is there usually a delay between TD app and TD Rewards site? I got my 20k in my app right after first spend a month ago but nothing is in my TD Rewards account online (which I just created a couple days ago)
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2141 posts
1236 upvotes
Etobicoke
Miguel Sánchez wrote: For points balance is there usually a delay between TD app and TD Rewards site? I got my 20k in my app right after first spend a month ago but nothing is in my TD Rewards account online (which I just created a couple days ago)
Did you add your card on TD reward website?

If you can see points in your app you are good.
Oct 17, 2014
232 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fechin wrote: Applied last weekend, the website said it's pending approval...not any news since them...
For one of family member, it took 4 business days from pending approval to have the card shows up on EasyWeb banking.
For another family member, from approval date, it took 7 days to receive the PIN, then another 7 days to receive the card!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
8018 posts
1564 upvotes
Burnaby
Wife had FCT 4 years ago, switched to Aeroplan 3 years ago, and then just recently switched it back to FCT last week. Given that it was originally a FCT, should she or not expect to get the signup bonus?

Rep had said she would, but would like feedback from others.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5631 posts
4687 upvotes
crimsona wrote: Wife had FCT 4 years ago, switched to Aeroplan 3 years ago, and then just recently switched it back to FCT last week. Given that it was originally a FCT, should she or not expect to get the signup bonus?

crim, it depends on the TD systems nowadays. My FCT was opened Sep 2017 and switched out in Jan 2018, then back to FCT during this promo in March. Did not get the initial 20K, but got the 60K. Someone earlier said an older FCT (no specifics) said the initial 20K did post after a first purchase.

So your wife should get at least the 60K after $1K spending, but the basic 20K bonus after first purchase, HMMV. Personally, I think it's sufficiently old enough from it's prior FCT life that it should get the full 80K.

The way I looked at it, it's just a 7 min phone call to switch, which is well worth it for the 60K, so I'm not complaining.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
8053 posts
2227 upvotes
multi city dweller
crimsona wrote: Wife had FCT 4 years ago, switched to Aeroplan 3 years ago, and then just recently switched it back to FCT last week. Given that it was originally a FCT, should she or not expect to get the signup bonus?

impe ... no wb at all ...
argued with rep but was told to take a hike ...
Oct 25, 2001
614 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto
specialoffers wrote: Did you add your card on TD reward website?

If you can see points in your app you are good.
Yes, I see my card on the website. I'll give them a call after I hit 1k and try to get it all at once.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1171 posts
466 upvotes
Laval
If you're in Quebec, you'll receive the remaining 60k, 90 days after your account opened. Regardless of how much you spent
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1602 posts
711 upvotes
GTA
I currently have aeroplan infinite. Can I get this card as a split from my current aeroplan card without credit check and still get the welcome bonus ?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1763 posts
552 upvotes
Just did a product switch from cashback infinite to this one.
Wow this was the first time I was impressed with a bank agent. She was like a robot - maybe she was an AI who knows! - but she was very concise and informative and knew exactly what she was doing. Did the product switch with a confirmation that I would be eligible for FYF and 80k pts all under 8 mins.
If anything goes wrong I have the phone recording so we'll see :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5631 posts
4687 upvotes
headleygrange wrote: I currently have aeroplan infinite. Can I get this card as a split from my current aeroplan card without credit check and still get the welcome bonus ?
Yes, you can, as long as both cards will have at least $5K credit limit, the minimum required for Infinite Visas. I think @titaniumtux has mentioned that you are allowed to cleave off limits once a year, is that right ttux? Also, keep in mind that although you will avoid a credit check this way, you're still going to get a new tradeline reported to the credit bureaus, so it's not an absolute "NO-HIT" to your credit profile/score.

jessicacha wrote: Just did a product switch from cashback infinite to this one.
Wow this was the first time I was impressed with a bank agent. She was like a robot - maybe she was an AI who knows! - but she was very concise and informative and knew exactly what she was doing. Did the product switch with a confirmation that I would be eligible for FYF and 80k pts all under 8 mins.
If anything goes wrong I have the phone recording so we'll see :)
Yes, I've been training the TD reps one by one. The task is taking longer than I thought it would. :lol:

My most recent call to switch took a total of 5:58. I think I can do better though. I chit chat too much some times. :|

Switching TO an Aeroplan Infinite takes a little longer, because you have to listen to a second recorded message to agree to the Aeroplan privacy terms.

Congrats on the switch to the FCT. Once you see the initial 20K right away after a first purchase, you're GOLDEN, and should see the final 60K after spending $1K (on next statement).
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13955 posts
11581 upvotes
Leask
@bizee-bee can sever/merge CL once per 6 or 12 months. I've been told 12, others been told 6. It's what the CSR's say, but we also have DP's here that such a rule is a big YMMV. Might have to HUCA. My plan is to utilize my TD CT CL to only churn the travel cards (planning to retire the TD CBI), so I'll never/merge probably only once a year anyway.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5205 posts
3673 upvotes
Can I book a refundable room, wait until the transaction posts, then use the points, then cancel the booking?
Is the trick working on this card?
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
🎁 Moola: 25% bonus on everyday essentials (Walmart, Esso and Uber Eats)
💳 Credit card combo (2.5 - 10% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6440 posts
5863 upvotes
Calgary
EdisonL299 wrote: Can I book a refundable room, wait until the transaction posts, then use the points, then cancel the booking?
Is the trick working on this card?
No