Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4957 posts
597 upvotes
da_123 wrote: Has anyone had issues registering for online access to their new account via easyweb?

Not an existing TD customer. Registration just errors out on the second screen.
Had the same issue. Apparently you need to go to a branch to get a "virtual" debit card to sign up for easyweb... pretty ridiculous.
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
602 posts
340 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: Had the same issue. Apparently you need to go to a branch to get a "virtual" debit card to sign up for easyweb... pretty ridiculous.
No need to go to the branch..just call in and they can create a virtual card online and pass on those details to you which should help you register online
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3331 posts
1079 upvotes
Ontario
yugsekwaf wrote: No need to go to the branch..just call in and they can create a virtual card online and pass on those details to you which should help you register online
Or just call to revert to paper statements?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.2%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
602 posts
340 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Or just call to revert to paper statements?
Upto you..if you'd like to manage it online, then call/register for an online account. If not, the paper statements will do
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1624 posts
1187 upvotes
dinesh_zee wrote: Thanks for the elaborate post! So, even if I do not get 20k WB because I previously had the same card, I would still get 60k bonus (after $1k spend) automatically, correct?
Supposedly.. I hit $1k April 25th, statement date should be sometime middle of May... let's see if I get the points soon-ish.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1624 posts
1187 upvotes
Pursuit2013 wrote: Anyone here that did a product switch and did not receive the welcome bonus 20k? Any additional steps to take, such as giving them a call?

I did mine and received them right after the first purchase but not my wife, she also crossed $1K so waiting for the first statement.

We both have had TD FCT in the past.
Yes, give them a call.. you might not get it if there's no note left in your account since it's YMMV for honouring WB if you're doing a PS.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1367 posts
592 upvotes
I recently switched from first class to aeroplan. Can I open new first class without credit check by using some of the available credit limit from my current aeroplan card ?
Aug 30, 2016
11 posts
It seems TD points expire when the credit card is closed? So what happens after the first year. I have to apply for another TD credit card and transfer the points there?

Trying to decide between this card and the Aeroplan one. The Aeroplan card wouldn't have this particular issue...
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP. Got this FCT Card and received my welcome bonus of 20k already.

Any reason to not get the Aeroplan visa card too? Why are people on here adding which one to choose?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13660 posts
11137 upvotes
Leask
@canuckcolehead if we have TD CT cards Alpha, Beta, Charlie, etc. and Alpha and Beta have already been FCT's in the past (and since been downgraded), they can't get upgraded to FCT AND receive WB for 20+60k?

Seems strange.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4686 posts
1676 upvotes
Winnipeg
titaniumtux wrote: @canuckcolehead if we have TD CT cards Alpha, Beta, Charlie, etc. and Alpha and Beta have already been FCT's in the past (and since been downgraded), they can't get upgraded to FCT AND receive WB for 20+60k?

Seems strange.
It seems to be new in the past year or so since I noticed it. Maybe ever since they started keeping the same card number, regardless of card type/change. Its not worth the hassle for me anymore to see if its working again, as I failed on 2 switches and didn't get repeat bonus's (2018).

Better way to guarantee the bonus, is combine credit from A, B, C into one card, then call back a few days later, and split $5k from that card into a new one (s)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7862 posts
2139 upvotes
multi city dweller
canuckcolehead wrote: It seems to be new in the past year or so since I noticed it. Maybe ever since they started keeping the same card number, regardless of card type/change. Its not worth the hassle for me anymore to see if its working again, as I failed on 2 switches and didn't get repeat bonus's (2018).

Better way to guarantee the bonus, is combine credit from A, B, C into one card, then call back a few days later, and split $5k from that card into a new one (s)
not gonna work ...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7862 posts
2139 upvotes
multi city dweller
canuckcolehead wrote: It works but sure maybe wait more than a few days.
it worked for you? well ... lucky you ...

i was told i have to wait for 6 (may be 12, cant remember) month period ...

when was the last time you did this?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4686 posts
1676 upvotes
Winnipeg
LOL808 wrote: it worked for you? well ... lucky you ...

i was told i have to wait for 6 (may be 12, cant remember) month period ...

when was the last time you did this?
October + January + April