Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Oct 17, 2014
232 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ysg103907 wrote: Opened TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite 3 months ago and received 30K points. Called in to product switch to TD FCT but agent told me that I won't be able to get WB since I have received any type of WB within 6 months. Is this true..? :(
I don't think it's true because I received WBs for both AVI and FCT within 2 months.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13925 posts
11547 upvotes
Leask
wadokai wrote: Question team:

I currently have a TD emerald card. Is it better for me to apply for a second card, as the FCT, or should I request a switch?

Will I get the bonus points regardless of which way I go?
Short answer is yes.

But, I must ask...why is it that your TD CT card is a low interest card? Do you have a line of credit? Do you have credit cards with other FI's who give you balance transfer offers? Are you able to pay off your statement balance each month in full?

If the answer is yes to any of those, there's no need to "rely" on a low interest card. Switch it up to FCT ASAP!

Data point: upgraded to FCT in December, downgraded to no-AF green cashback a month ago after driving pts balance to the negatives. Today, called in and upgrading back to FCT, this time for the FYF and 20+60k WB.

This is my second 80k WB FCT this season, haven't downgraded the other one yet, though I did receive the 20+60k pts on that one. Was expecting to do Travel Plat, but CSR assured me that I'm eligible for the FCT WB on that card.
No solicitation in sigs
Dec 25, 2009
880 posts
194 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Short answer is yes.

But, I must ask...why is it that your TD CT card is a low interest card? Do you have a line of credit? Do you have credit cards with other FI's who give you balance transfer offers? Are you able to pay off your statement balance each month in full?

If the answer is yes to any of those, there's no need to "rely" on a low interest card. Switch it up to FCT ASAP!

Data point: upgraded to FCT in December, downgraded to no-AF green cashback a month ago after driving pts balance to the negatives. Today, called in and upgrading back to FCT, this time for the FYF and 20+60k WB.

This is my second 80k WB FCT this season, haven't downgraded the other one yet, though I did receive the 20+60k pts on that one. Was expecting to do Travel Plat, but CSR assured me that I'm eligible for the FCT WB on that card.
Do they give you hassle for it? Or is it just call in and hope for the best? lol I don't mind hassle, but just want to make sure and be prepared. Thanks.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13925 posts
11547 upvotes
Leask
wadokai wrote: Do they give you hassle for it? Or is it just call in and hope for the best? lol I don't mind hassle, but just want to make sure and be prepared. Thanks.
I rarely HUCA with TD CT. What I do...
  1. I call in French first. If wait time is too long, I'll HUCA in English
  2. I get reps to document what they promise
  3. Always have backup strategy. If I can't multi-churn FCT per season, I can loot Travel Plat for smaller WB

December FCT for the 20+20k pts was a real hassle. Incurred a HP by applying online for a new card. They denied me (I knew they would). I asked why, they said my EQ score was too low. I then PDF'd my Borrowell EQ profile and faxed it to TD to prove them wrong. Supervisor called me and agreed to honour the "online only" offer on a PS. Not sure whether I'd go through such a hassle again for a PS especially when it's under 50k pts for an FCT...we'll see. But not complaining.
No solicitation in sigs
Dec 17, 2014
53 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can I get both TD® Aeroplan®Visa Infinite and TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite and get their respective promos?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
3434 posts
4204 upvotes
Montreal
criveros87 wrote: Can I get both TD® Aeroplan®Visa Infinite and TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite and get their respective promos?
Yes you can, assuming you haven't opened one of those cards in the past six months.
May 11, 2014
116 posts
66 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
Question....

I don't qualify for the seemingly better offers here, so which would be the better card overall to go for between:
TD Platinum Travel Visa (25k TD points + FYF), TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum (15k Aeroplan points + FYF), or just get a basic TD Cashback Visa and wait for a similar offer to come back next year when I may meet the salary qualifications.

This is going to be my first CC with benefits so anything to help with making an informed decision would help. I've already read through 25 pages of this forum to no avail
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3678 posts
1403 upvotes
Ottawa
ceekay69 wrote: Question....

I don't qualify for the seemingly better offers here, so which would be the better card overall to go for between:
TD Platinum Travel Visa (25k TD points + FYF), TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum (15k Aeroplan points + FYF), or just get a basic TD Cashback Visa and wait for a similar offer to come back next year when I may meet the salary qualifications.

This is going to be my first CC with benefits so anything to help with making an informed decision would help. I've already read through 25 pages of this forum to no avail
The reason why you can't find an answer is because the answer lies within you (lol). Do you value greatest cash back value regardless of how you redeem it (TD Travel)? Or do you value just straight up cash back (Cashback visa)? Or do you value Aeroplan points for last minute flights for the best value (Aeroplan visa)?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
8003 posts
1557 upvotes
Burnaby
bizee-bee wrote: crim, it depends on the TD systems nowadays. My FCT was opened Sep 2017 and switched out in Jan 2018, then back to FCT during this promo in March. Did not get the initial 20K, but got the 60K. Someone earlier said an older FCT (no specifics) said the initial 20K did post after a first purchase.

So your wife should get at least the 60K after $1K spending, but the basic 20K bonus after first purchase, HMMV. Personally, I think it's sufficiently old enough from it's prior FCT life that it should get the full 80K.

The way I looked at it, it's just a 7 min phone call to switch, which is well worth it for the 60K, so I'm not complaining.
How many days after hitting minimum spend should she expect the 60k? We somehow got the 20k, but just hit 1k today. Not sure when to expect the spending bonus
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5606 posts
4639 upvotes
crimsona wrote: How many days after hitting minimum spend should she expect the 60k? We somehow got the 20k, but just hit 1k today. Not sure when to expect the spending bonus
Unlike last year’s promo, where the extended bonus points for a minimum spend seemed to appear randomly, nowadays the will appear at the first or next statement after the $1K has posted. That initial 20K is a GREAT indicator that she will get the full 80K promo.

Good luck!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3678 posts
1403 upvotes
Ottawa
My application said pending. How long does it take usually?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2521 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Applied for the card, but doesn't indicate if I was approved, pending or denied. Called in and they told me to go into branch to check application... after 30 mins on hold...

Anyone in the same boat?
Dec 10, 2013
636 posts
46 upvotes
Does anyone have datapoints on BOTH applying for a new card and doing a product switch from a pre-existing card? I am wondering if the they will both work.
Aug 9, 2015
459 posts
286 upvotes
Calgary
yifeilu92 wrote: Does anyone have datapoints on BOTH applying for a new card and doing a product switch from a pre-existing card? I am wondering if the they will both work.
With TD it's YMMV. Not 100% sure what you are asking though. I am assuming you want to get both FCT and API here.

Scenario 1:

You currently hold CBI (or any other non API/FCT TD card). You PS CBI to API. Then apply for FCT? Theoretically you should get both 30k AP and 80k travel points.

Scenario 2:

You currently hold API. You PS to FCT for 80k travel points. Then you apply for new API for 30k AP. Or vise versa. With this, you should get WB from the PS. The WB on new app will a coin toss. Worth a shot though if you don't mind a hard pull. Worst case scenario, you don't get your WB, just cancel the card with prorated AF.

If you are inquiring about PS vs new app for FCT alone. Assuming you have not had FCT in the last 6 months, you will get WB regardless which route you take.
But at what cost
Sep 25, 2016
131 posts
29 upvotes
How long did it take for the 60,000 points to show up after you spent $1000?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10061 posts
1512 upvotes
I read and was told two different things, APPLY BY or APPROVED BY June 2nd.

Which one is correct?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10061 posts
1512 upvotes
asdisme wrote: Applied for the card, but doesn't indicate if I was approved, pending or denied. Called in and they told me to go into branch to check application... after 30 mins on hold...

Anyone in the same boat?
Same thing happened to me. I went to the branch the next day and it took a while for them to help me apply. Still has to go through Credit department. I told them to rush it for the promo. Haven't heard back from them yet.
May 16, 2010
327 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
tt1688 wrote: How long did it take for the 60,000 points to show up after you spent $1000?
next statement
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1448 posts
284 upvotes
Renous
An error has occurred?

Is that still a thing? I thought TD fixed their online application. Or is this a nice way to say declined?..
Reserved for future time travellers
Oct 17, 2014
232 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedyforme wrote: I read and was told two different things, APPLY BY or APPROVED BY June 2nd.

Which one is correct?
It's clearly said "Apply by June 2" on TD website but I captured the screen just in case there is a dispute later.

We applied for API first, wait until spending $1,000 then now apply for FCT but unfortunately it's pending approval -- by the time it's approved (hopefully!) it'll surely pass June 2!