Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Dec 31, 2015
379 posts
36 upvotes
Mars
I recently transfered from the visa infinite to the Aeroplan infinite card (may 15) can I send a new application for the visa infinite and still get the welcome bonus? I last got welcome bonus august 2018. I haven't opened an account in the 6 months like the terms and conditions says (I've just held it)
Apr 22, 2010
126 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
patpond wrote: An error has occurred?

Is that still a thing? I thought TD fixed their online application. Or is this a nice way to say declined?..
Just had the same thing happen, I did it through EasyWeb Secure Application, the chat told me to clear cache and restart my web browser, and it worked.
Mar 14, 2018
58 posts
79 upvotes
Sorry but just to make sure, no annual fee for first year right? If so I will definitely get this since I am in Quebec!
Feb 27, 2004
235 posts
155 upvotes
chaddix7 wrote: I recently transfered from the visa infinite to the Aeroplan infinite card (may 15) can I send a new application for the visa infinite and still get the welcome bonus? I last got welcome bonus august 2018. I haven't opened an account in the 6 months like the terms and conditions says (I've just held it)
You had the visa infinite less than 6 months ago so probs not.
Oct 17, 2014
232 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gtabuddy wrote: You had the visa infinite less than 6 months ago so probs not.
No problem having FCT less than 6 months ago -- Even you're currently holding an active FCT and apply for a second FCT, you still get the WB as long as you opened the older FCT more than 6 months ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2748 posts
1269 upvotes
Cancelled TD FCT 6 months ago. Applied for my wife and I both approved instantly. Crashed on Edge used Chrome.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
3433 posts
4202 upvotes
Montreal
chaddix7 wrote: I recently transfered from the visa infinite to the Aeroplan infinite card (may 15) can I send a new application for the visa infinite and still get the welcome bonus? I last got welcome bonus august 2018. I haven't opened an account in the 6 months like the terms and conditions says (I've just held it)
Yes, you should be fine.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2521 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
speedyforme wrote: Same thing happened to me. I went to the branch the next day and it took a while for them to help me apply. Still has to go through Credit department. I told them to rush it for the promo. Haven't heard back from them yet.
when I went, they told me it was pending after checking. How long does this process usually take?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10061 posts
1510 upvotes
asdisme wrote: when I went, they told me it was pending after checking. How long does this process usually take?
Mine also said pending but he decided to go ahead and redo an entire application for me so....

The guy said 2-3 business days I told him to rush it
Apr 25, 2014
130 posts
98 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
MRebel23 wrote: - Originally got this card in January 2018 for last year's WB.
- Did a product switch to the Rewards VISA on January 2019.
- Applied and got the Aeroplan Visa Infinite mid-January 2019.
- Called in for a product switch yesterday night and got verbal confirmation that I qualify for the FYF, 20K WB, and 60K after $1K minimum spend.

Will confirm once I get the card and once I cross the minimum spend threshold!
As many people in the thread, I got promised 20K points after doing a product transfer. 20K points didn't show up, only 60K after crossing the minimum spend threshold. Called in to figure out what was going on, got the expected "you had the FCT under the same account number less than a year ago and you don't qualify for 2 WB bla bla bla, asked for a supervisor, and 5 minutes later the agent offered me 20K points as an exception due to the conflicting information from their own agents.

Accepted the 20K points and now I have all 80K points in my TD Rewards account.
Apr 21, 2010
68 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I just applied the card online. It shows ‘your application has been approved’. But the credit limit is 0 and there is no reference number. Anyone else had similar experience?
Oct 17, 2014
232 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zhige50 wrote: I just applied the card online. It shows ‘your application has been approved’. But the credit limit is 0 and there is no reference number. Anyone else had similar experience?
Same problem happened to people applying for Aeroplan Visa.
Jun 1, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
I applied today for the TD FCT Visa Infinite at a branch in QC. The rep told me he puts income of 60k for everyone and also that he has the card and even he doesn't make that much. I had to get it as a secured card because I am a temporary resident so I put 5k in a savings account and my application was instantly approved (5k is the minimum credit limit for this card). I was looking at the screen and the system had a page where it said 'No income verification required' - this might be because it is a secured card. I suggest going into the branch if you have doubts about the minimum income requirement.

I have a low limit unsecured credit card from desjardin and credit score of 747 (Transunion). The rep said they might not do a credit check since it is secured, will have to check my credit report to verify later in the month.
Apr 21, 2010
68 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
How do they resolve this? Not sure if I need to reapply or just wait for the card
Dec 8, 2013
381 posts
162 upvotes
British Columbia
Did product switch from Aeroplan to this card about 3 months after I got the aeroplan, got the 20k welcome bonus today. Haven't gotten the 60 yet as I haven't hit $1000 spend.

Hopefully I actually get the 60k bonus. never had either card before with TD, just wanted to provide another data point for others thinking of doing something similar!
Feb 27, 2004
235 posts
155 upvotes
They changed the terms of this card June 3 2019, now to get the final 20k points of the 80k total, yon need to spend 10k in the first year and keep your account open for a year minimum.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5249 posts
2866 upvotes
Gtabuddy wrote: They changed the terms of this card June 3 2019, now to get the final 20k points of the 80k total, yon need to spend 10k in the first year and keep your account open for a year minimum.
You also need to spend $2K in the first 90 days to get the 40K points
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8758 posts
3209 upvotes
Toronto
Gtabuddy wrote: They changed the terms of this card June 3 2019, now to get the final 20k points of the 80k total, yon need to spend 10k in the first year and keep your account open for a year minimum.
Based on the income of most RFDers (especially when applying for premium CC's), it'll be easy to blow through $10k of spend quickly.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44730 posts
5322 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Arrgh wrote: Based on the income of most RFDers (especially when applying for premium CC's), it'll be easy to blow through $10k of spend quickly.
Not a matter of blowing through spending, but rather why blow through that spending on one card when you can get 10 welcome bonuses instead?
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Apr 3, 2018
168 posts
84 upvotes
Ottawa
So for those applied before June but haven't received the card yet, should they follow the new policy or old one?