Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 12:56 am
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2521 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
fortune88 wrote: I don’t think they will charge, but why would you risk it for next time Money BagFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye? It’s not difficult and there is no rush to pay all back to 0. You can pay here and there in few weeks and months.
Yeah it's not difficult. But the problem is I don't know what happened. I had like 83,211 points available to use. I used 83,000 towards a travel purchase. But now I'm like -745 points, did others experience the same thing?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3680 posts
1403 upvotes
Ottawa
milanoL wrote: You have to wait for the monthly statement.
It's different for the sign up bonus vs. the welcome bonus? I received the 20k immediately
Mar 8, 2006
666 posts
208 upvotes
asdisme wrote: Yeah it's not difficult. But the problem is I don't know what happened. I had like 83,211 points available to use. I used 83,000 towards a travel purchase. But now I'm like -745 points, did others experience the same thing?
Did you make a refund from a previous purchase? That will reverse points.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2521 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
fortune88 wrote: Did you make a refund from a previous purchase? That will reverse points.
No refunds. I gave a call and they mentioned that if you redeem the points against a purchase, they reverse that portion of the points earned... (Wtf, that doesn't make sense)
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2521 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
doremi01 wrote: Yes, that happened to me as well. I think the system treats the rewards redemption like a purchase refund. So if your rewards redemption was $332, you will lose $332 x 3 = 996 TD points after the redemption is posted, which puts your overall points balance into negative.
That is the same amount of points reversed for me!

Damn, if I knew earlier about this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
8046 posts
2223 upvotes
multi city dweller
asdisme wrote: That is the same amount of points reversed for me!

Damn, if I knew earlier about this.
This is kinda weird. Doesn't sound logical.

edit: I just made a request to do a "BookAnywhere" redemption to see if this would happen to me. How long will it take for the redemption to be posted? It says 5 biz days to be approved. Are they doing this manually? 5 days? Really?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2521 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
LOL808 wrote: This is kinda weird. Doesn't sound logical.

edit: I just made a request to do a "BookAnywhere" redemption to see if this would happen to me. How long will it take for the redemption to be posted? It says 5 biz days to be approved. Are they doing this manually? 5 days? Really?
It takes about 5 days before it shows up on your account.
Nov 29, 2017
171 posts
103 upvotes
Does anyone know if payments to Plastiq are regarded as purchases or cash advances by TD?
Mar 30, 2012
9 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
kcmcheung wrote: Does anyone know if payments to Plastiq are regarded as purchases or cash advances by TD?
I believe that depends on who is being paid.

I can confirm that Plastiq payments to CRA are purchases.
Nov 29, 2017
171 posts
103 upvotes
albertwgchu wrote: I believe that depends on who is being paid.

I can confirm that Plastiq payments to CRA are purchases.
The payments are for property taxes & utilities but how would TD know as the payments are made to Plastiq & TD wouldn't know who are the ultimate payees?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3432 posts
1148 upvotes
Ontario
I received my first statement in the mail a few days after the card came. This gives me about 2 months to meet 2k minimum spend instead of 3 months.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.2%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Oct 17, 2014
232 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
minimalist wrote: I received my first statement in the mail a few days after the card came. This gives me about 2 months to meet 2k minimum spend instead of 3 months.
3 months is from approval date, first statement issued right away won't make it shorter by 1 month.
Dec 2, 2007
194 posts
28 upvotes
Regina
Was thinking of converting this card to a different product. Is it wise to use up the rewards first or are the rewards totally separate? What's in my best interest?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6629 posts
975 upvotes
Ottawa
Can I just keep switching to all the various TD WB offers? This is so fun :).
Dec 8, 2010
624 posts
257 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
This could be YMMV, but it's worth to check your email inbox. My spouse has TD First Class and got a special promo code today from TD Canada Trust for $200 off $400 hotel on Expedia for TD. The offer only applies to stand-alone hotel reservations that are pre-paid at the time of booking, with a minimum spend of $400 (excluding any taxes, fees or additional costs) in one booking. Travel date must be before August 1, 2020. Offer expires December 1, 2019.

I also have TD First Class, but didn't receive this offer. That will be awesome if I get one as well.
Nov 22, 2014
490 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
I got both the TD first class and aeroplan cards a few months ago and received all my points/rewards.

If I want to cancel the TD first class card in Q1 2020 before the annual fee charge. Do I need to use all the 80k TD points beforehand or can I still use TD points after cancellation?

Also, people said air canada apparently launching their own frequent flyer program in 2020. Are you guys using up most aeroplan points before the uncertainty? Thanks in advance
Jul 8, 2013
297 posts
66 upvotes
Montreal
Can someone tell me the cashback rate for this CC?

Is 3 TD Points equivalent to 3% cashback?

What's the point of this card? Is it just to have the free 20,000 TD points every year? (I'm from Quebec)

Can I claim the yearly $100 of points on ExpediaforTD but pay the remainder with another credit card? (Rogers WE for example)
Jul 22, 2018
6 posts
I currently have the CBI visa, can I switch to this on the phone and still get the bonus even though it says “online only”? I called in and the guy said I will only get 20k for sure and not the 40k even if I spend 2k within 90 days. Anyone know? I didn’t go through all 58 pages of this thread admittedly due to the length but hoping someone will tell me as Sept 3 is coming up. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1303 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
How long do I have to wait until apply for this card again? I cancelled mine in May.

Thinking of signing up for Aeroplan..