Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite (80k WB + FYF)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 12:10 pm
Jul 27, 2017
103 posts
48 upvotes
ysg103907 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 9:36 am
Talked to the rep over the phone this morning and I was able to split my pre approved amount to two different cards.
How can i know my pre approved limit ?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6446 posts
535 upvotes
TO
Wow, this is the most amount of points ever awarded I believe from this card offer. YMMV, i currently hold this card (2nd app from 2017) but I was told by 2 reps that the awards(points) are only available once every 2 years (on my 2nd app, I didn't get any points).
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
PSA: Virgin Atlantic clubhouse at LAX T-2 only open from 5a-10:30a for LoungeKey/PP club members.
Jan 10, 2011
92 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
coolkunal wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 10:11 am
How can i know my pre approved limit ?
I found out mine by signing into the easyweb and click the apply for credit card link, the system will say loading your information and then a pre-approved title appears and ask me how much would I like to use toward this new card by using a slider, which shows the max limit available to me.
Jun 4, 2016
143 posts
43 upvotes
Why isn't the offer showing up on their website yet
Jul 26, 2013
282 posts
213 upvotes
CALGARY
Ecsta wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 8:31 am
Just as a data point when i "product transferred" within TD to get a card it was a fight to get the bonus miles i was owed. At the time it was 15k points on signup and another 15k after min spend. When i product transferred they gave me 10k miles, and when i hit the min spend they gave me nothing. I had to call and complain every week for about a month to get the points i was owed (not even being greedy just wanted the promo). Could just be an oddball case, but it was a PITA. My friend who signed up for the card normally got all his points no issue.

Thinking about switching to this from the Aeroplan Infinite, but i like Aeroplan points. Yes if book shorthaul the redemption value is garbage, but i just booked 2 round trip tickets in business class to Europe for 220,000 points and $200. Figured i'd get rid of all my points and see what Air Canada does with their rewards system next year.

Anyhow back to the point. How is expediaforTD?
How did you only pay 200 taxes for 2 people?
I get something ridiculous like 500+ taxes per ticket minimum
[OP]
Jul 16, 2007
261 posts
245 upvotes
molombian wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 10:49 am
Why isn't the offer showing up on their website yet
It shows up if you click their credit card selector (orange "Find Your Card" button on the main TD credit card page)

Then select:
-card for personal use
-travel rewards
-no to collection of aeroplan miles
-yes to 60k annual income
-enter anything for the next two questions ($0 and $0 work)

You will see the deal under the green "Limited Time Offer" banner
Nov 25, 2017
499 posts
302 upvotes
woob wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 11:04 am
It shows up if you click their credit card selector (orange "Find Your Card" button on the main TD credit card page)

Then select:
-card for personal use
-travel rewards
-no to collection of aeroplan miles
-yes to 60k annual income
-enter anything for the next two questions ($0 and $0 work)

You will see the deal under the green "Limited Time Offer" banner
I saw it there too. I asked a chat rep and he was an idiot saying its on 40K points and that 80K is a mistake, therefore not doing anything until main page updated.
Mar 2, 2017
129 posts
11 upvotes
i have an existing TD first class visa, do you think i can get the extra welcome bonus if i called and complained? anyone want to chime on with existing visa card on how to get extra?
Jan 17, 2009
983 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
findmesumdealz wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 11:02 am
How did you only pay 200 taxes for 2 people?
I get something ridiculous like 500+ taxes per ticket minimum
Certain air lines charge F*** you fees, others don't. You pick where y ou want to go and then find the closest hub that these airlines fly to. For example i'm going to Italy, so i'm flying in and out of Zurich so it puts me in Turkish Airlines and Swiss Airlines which both don't charge that fee. When you fly in North America (especially Canada) it forces you to fly Air Canada which charges the largest fees of them all. It's the largest portion of the journey that the fees get calculated on, ie 8 hour flight with AC then layover followed by 2 hour flight with United, you pay the AC fees, if it was reversed you'd pay the United set fees.

Airlines that don't charge the fee:
  • Air China
  • Avianca
  • Brussels Airlines
  • EgyptAir
  • Ethiopian Airlines
  • Scandinavian Airlines
  • Singapore Airlines
  • South African Airways
  • Swiss
  • TACA
  • Turkish
  • United
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1048 posts
525 upvotes
It's updated now.
Screenshot from 2019-03-04 11-33-40.png

TD First Class Travel®Visa Infinite* Card

Limited Time Offer – Online Only:
Get up to 80,000 TD Points1. Plus, get a full Annual Fee Rebate1 for the Primary Cardholder for the first year. Conditions apply. Offer ends June 2, 2019
See Product Details Below

Annual Fee $120 Interest: Purchases 19.99% Interest: Cash Advances 22.99% Authorized Users2 $50

Eligibility Requirements:

$60,000 personal or $100,000 household annual income.
You are a Canadian resident and are of the age of majority in your province/territory of residence.

Credit Limit:
$5,000 minimum
Last edited by sports1 on Mar 4th, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 1, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
I can’t find the fineprint stating that Quebec residents receive the 80k points directly without minimum spend requirements? Has anyone seen this on TD’s website?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1177 posts
1140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ecsta wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 11:28 am
Certain air lines charge F*** you fees, others don't. You pick where y ou want to go and then find the closest hub that these airlines fly to. For example i'm going to Italy, so i'm flying in and out of Zurich so it puts me in Turkish Airlines and Swiss Airlines which both don't charge that fee. When you fly in North America (especially Canada) it forces you to fly Air Canada which charges the largest fees of them all. It's the largest portion of the journey that the fees get calculated on, ie 8 hour flight with AC then layover followed by 2 hour flight with United, you pay the AC fees, if it was reversed you'd pay the United set fees.

Airlines that don't charge the fee:
  • Air China
  • Avianca
  • Brussels Airlines
  • EgyptAir
  • Ethiopian Airlines
  • Scandinavian Airlines
  • Singapore Airlines
  • South African Airways
  • Swiss
  • TACA
  • Turkish
  • United
Can you provide more details about your Italy trip? What points did you use? Aero or avios? And how many? Tia.
Jan 17, 2009
983 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
dotsandpixels wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 11:35 am
Can you provide more details about your Italy trip? What points did you use? Aero or avios? And how many? Tia.
Sorry if i was unclear, it was with Aeroplan points. 110,000 per ticket worked out to about $125 taxes per ticket. YYZ to ZRH round trip in May in business class, 1 connection going there via IST and 1 connections going home via YUL. Tuesdays/Thursday are usually the best day to find business class availability. Just google "aeroplan business class tickets without paying fees" and you'll find lots of info.

I was just wondering if the expediawithTD points are useful, or just for straight $ discounts?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2008
1120 posts
73 upvotes
Looks like the only condition is 6 months since last opened account. Not sure if product switches will work though, no mention of that.