Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Bank

TD Premium Cards, most FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2018 1:34 am
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
magoot wrote: Rec'd via email an offer of 9% for 1st 3 months on maximum $3500.00 purchase. After 3 months or $3500 spend the rate goes to 3%. $15k spend cap. May actually activate it.

Eligible expense or purchase would falls into specific categories. Could you confirm please?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
SkillOverload wrote: I was also worried about the same thing when I read the letter that went with my card. When I spoke with a TD rep to activate the card, I was told that the standard letter typically indicates a welcome bonus of 6% CB on gas/groceries/PAP (regardless of the welcome bonus offer currently available at the time of your application) and that I will be getting 6% CB on all purchases as stated on the TD website.

TLDR; I got the same letter with incorrect information on the welcome bonus, but still ended up getting 6% CB on all purchases.
Did you see the 6% CB is for all purchases on first 3 months on your account? Currently, if you look at the terms and conditions on the online application web page, the 6% CB is applying to the three specific categories. The wording on "all purchases" is misleading.
Nov 12, 2017
193 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver
albundy99999999 wrote: Did you see the 6% CB is for all purchases on first 3 months on your account? Currently, if you look at the terms and conditions on the online application web page, the 6% CB is applying to the three specific categories. The wording on "all purchases" is misleading.
I got my TD CB Visa Infinite in early July and I've been getting 6% CB on all purchases (even though the letter I received said that the welcome bonus is 6% CB on gas/groceries/PAP).
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
SkillOverload wrote: I got my TD CB Visa Infinite in early July and I've been getting 6% CB on all purchases (even though the letter I received said that the welcome bonus is 6% CB on gas/groceries/PAP).
Thanks for the confirmation. Not sure why some people get 1% on the first three months. That doesn't make sense. Do you get the CB on monthly or annually basis as a statement credit?
Nov 12, 2017
193 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver
albundy99999999 wrote: Thanks for the confirmation. Not sure why some people get 1% on the first three months. That doesn't make sense. Do you get the CB on monthly or annually basis as a statement credit?
You can redeem the CB manually whenever your total CB Rewards balance is over $25. Otherwise, you can get a statement credit annually (regardless of your total CB Rewards balance).
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
albundy99999999 wrote: Eligible expense or purchase would falls into specific categories. Could you confirm please?
Gas and groceries.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
How long does the 6% cashback shows up in the account? Right away after the transaction is posted?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
I have the First Class Travel Visa. Anybody end up redeeming those points and ending up with a negative point balance?

If I change cards, what happens to the negative points?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
albundy99999999 wrote: How long does the 6% cashback shows up in the account? Right away after the transaction is posted?
Afaik after the transaction posts. YMMV, but I've seen cashback clawed back on returns before the return refunds on the card would print.
pipolchap wrote: I have the First Class Travel Visa. Anybody end up redeeming those points and ending up with a negative point balance?

If I change cards, what happens to the negative points?
It carries over IF you product change to another card on the same rewards system. I have my old TD CBI with a rewards balance of -$2.75. Will product change it hopefully to FCT, which will reset rewards balance and help my AAoA a bit.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)