Expired Hot Deals

[TD Bank] TD Rewards 25% Less Points on Gift Card (GC), Mechandise, and Shop The Mall Purchases

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2020 4:55 pm
[OP]
Oct 23, 2013
332 posts
435 upvotes
N/A

[TD Bank] TD Rewards 25% Less Points on Gift Card (GC), Mechandise, and Shop The Mall Purchases

Expires Aug 15.

Discounts are ALREADY applied.

Some notable items Categories Full terms and conditions.
Limited Time Promotional Offer: Redemption offer is only available to TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite*, the TD Platinum Travel Visa*, the TD Rewards Visa* and the TD Business Travel Visa* Credit Cards Cardholders ("Account") who make a Gift Card, Merchandise and/or Shop The Mall purchase (a "Qualifying Purchase") through TDRewards.com from May 7, 2020 to August 15, 2020 (the Offer Period). Qualifying Purchases will receive a 25% discount for the required TD Points or TD Rewards Points at the point of checkout. This Limited Time Promotional Offer will be in addition to any other offers available for your Account. This Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time. Your Account must be open and in good standing at the time the TD Points or TD Rewards Points are deducted from your account.

All Gift Cards and retail merchandise offered at TDRewards.com are subject to availability and may change without notice. The Toronto Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for any merchandise available through TDRewards.com and assume no liability in this regard. Gift Cards may be subject to additional terms and conditions set out by the third-party merchant issuing the gift card and may be subject to change from time to time. TD is not responsible if a gift card is not honoured for any reason, including if the third-party merchant issuing the gift card becomes insolvent or bankrupt.
21 replies
Aug 7, 2019
403 posts
95 upvotes
How does this compare to some of the best reward promos that have happened in the past?
Jul 19, 2006
419 posts
172 upvotes
Isn’t it better to apply points to redeeming travel on expediafortd? Or is this better value?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1469 posts
372 upvotes
Westcoast
thanks. OP! Got the costco cardr
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Aug 30, 2017
143 posts
168 upvotes
F1ash wrote: Isn’t it better to apply points to redeeming travel on expediafortd? Or is this better value?
In my understanding (and I may very well be mistaken, so somebody please check my math), nothing beats the points-to-dollar ratio when booking on ExpediaForTD: there it's 1$ = 250 points.
On the other hand, on any given day (when there's no special) if you want to cash out your points, it's 1$ = 400 points.
This here is 1 : 300, which is not quite as good as when booking your travel, but... Comes pretty close.
Given that the travel is likely not going to be the same as it used to be any time soon, I've even been thinking about converting my Travel Rewards to Cashback. So this may be a good opportunity to use all those points before doing that.
May 8, 2020
13 posts
24 upvotes
The best way Is to redeem these points is through ExpediaforTD at $1 = 200 points (or I like to look at it as $100 = 20,000 points). Personally, i am saving these for hotels eventually but this deal is not bad if you have no travel planned in the near future. Just please don’t redeem these for statement credits as it is the worst value ($50 = 20,000)
May 3, 2017
35 posts
12 upvotes
i also prefer the travel any way option, since i dont like using expedia. its $1 = 250 pts. as long as the pts dont expire i know i'll travel sooner or later, id rather just wait and hold onto them for vacation.
Nov 26, 2003
279 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
alexttp wrote: In my understanding (and I may very well be mistaken, so somebody please check my math), nothing beats the points-to-dollar ratio when booking on ExpediaForTD: there it's 1$ = 250 points.
On the other hand, on any given day (when there's no special) if you want to cash out your points, it's 1$ = 400 points.
This here is 1 : 300, which is not quite as good as when booking your travel, but... Comes pretty close.
Given that the travel is likely not going to be the same as it used to be any time soon, I've even been thinking about converting my Travel Rewards to Cashback. So this may be a good opportunity to use all those points before doing that.

I recently did just exactly that. I've had a few difficulties with Expedia for TD with regards to booking travel and confirmations and with a recent disastrous experience with cancelled travel due to COVID, it was the last straw. I will never use Expedia for TD again. Granted the whole travel industry is having problems, I had one to many bad experience with them. I don't know the exact difference in value between the cash back and the travel rewards but the headache saved is worth it for me.
Plus I would rather have the free roadside assistance instead of the travel insurance which turned out to be useless.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1823 posts
938 upvotes
Expediafortd: 1 point = 0.5 cents
Other travel: 1 point = 0.4 cents
Cash (statement credit): 1 point = 0.25 cents
Normal gift card rate: 1 point = 0.25 cents
This gift card deal: 1 point = 0.33 cents
Mar 16, 2009
168 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
boofi wrote: I recently did just exactly that. I've had a few difficulties with Expedia for TD with regards to booking travel and confirmations and with a recent disastrous experience with cancelled travel due to COVID, it was the last straw. I will never use Expedia for TD again. Granted the whole travel industry is having problems, I had one to many bad experience with them. I don't know the exact difference in value between the cash back and the travel rewards but the headache saved is worth it for me.
Plus I would rather have the free roadside assistance instead of the travel insurance which turned out to be useless.
I've booked with Expedia for TD multiple times over several years, for airlines, hotels, and attractions.
Never had a problem.

When you've had a "few" difficulties, not just one, despite many other people using without issues, it is usually a case of PEBCAC.
Oct 17, 2019
3 posts
I just checked the shop the mall option and Apple is not there any more! I was saving for a Macbook...
Oct 17, 2019
3 posts
That’s the merchandise section where you can only buy with points. Shop the mall you can use points (extra 25% now) and use your own for the difference. Up until last week Apple was a participating online retailer.
Sep 23, 2003
644 posts
202 upvotes
geordiehancock19 wrote: Saving for higher redemption through expedia for TD
2 years back i checked for all incl vacation - the same vacation packages researched was either only on expedia and not expediafortd or the price is roughly 25% higher on expediafortd..
the bonus received from any extra td points or redemption bonus did not make up for the higher cost for me.
has anyone else saw similar?