Hot Deals

TD, BMO, CIBC, Scotia and Manulife cash back 10% cards welcome bonuses end dates vary

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 4:31 pm
[OP]
May 26, 2011
799 posts
588 upvotes

TD, BMO, CIBC, Scotia and Manulife cash back 10% cards welcome bonuses end dates vary

Update 10/17: Moving Scotia Momentum VI to the bottom of the list for a while, because the payout will be happening with Nov statement.
Update 9/8: TD seemed to have extended the same offer till 12/6.
Update 9/1: Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite was added to the list.
Update 7/12: ManulifeMONEY+ Visa Infinite was added to the list.

I started this thread as a TD card thread, I was made aware of 2 other similar offers, so I thought I should redesign the OP, tip of the hat to @presents If you apply for the TD card, you may want to apply via RFD, although I'm unsure if they get any referrals:
td-bank-sponsored-td-cash-back-visa-inf ... y-2403860/

TD Cash Back Visa Infinite
10% in cashback (CB) up to $2,000 in purchase during first 3 months, first year free (FYF) for primary and additional card holders is back on June 1.

A few things to note:
* $60,000 personal or $100,000 household annual income minimum. If you earn less, they want you to apply for Cash Back Visa instead, but welcome bonus is only $25, not worth it. If your household income is more than $15k/yr, then CIBC Dividend Visa Platinum below is the best option.
* Must apply by Dec. 6, 2020.
* The first 3 months start on the day of approval.
* Minimum credit limit $5k.
* TD mails the card and the PIN separately. The only way to change it is with TD ATMs or at branches.
* The cashback, in total 10% is typically get posted on Tdrewards.com in 2-3 days. The way they display those points is a bit messy: you need to add them manually. I recommend you to check this after a first few purchases to make sure you're earning 10% CB.
* The terms say the annual fee (AF) is rebated within first 2 statements, but I've been seeing AF and the rebate both in my first statements.
* Minimum redemption for statement credit is $25, they can be redeemed anytime. You may see the warning it could take a lot longer, but in practice, the redemptions complete in 2-3 days.
* This card gives a free TD auto club membership.

BMO CashBack World Elite MC
Almost same as TD CBI, 10% CB on up to $2k spend, within first 3 billing cycles, FYF. Being a MC, it's good for people spend at a lot at Costco.

Things to note:
* Product switching is excluded from the offer.
* Minimum $80k individual or $150k household annual income required. World Elite MC minimum income requirement is higher than Visa Infinite $60k individual.
* Must apply by Oct. 31, 2020.
* The first 3 months correspond with first 3 billing cycles.
* The AF and the rebate post in the first statement.
* Free membership in the Domnion Automobile Association and the benefits of their BMO Roadside Assistance Program (Basic Coverage).
* There are good tips on redemptions posts #261 and 267. TH @bizee-bee @mzmoney 9/13

CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite / Platinum
Update 8/5: Also possible to apply via GCR.ca for the same deal. Get a referral from your friend first, although there's no rebate for this deal. If you go directly to cibc.com, you won't find this deal.
Warning 7/19: Mixed results have been reported, read posts #73, #85, #87, #91, #94.
Must apply via affiliate link below (unavailable on CIBC.com), 10% CB on up to $2k spend, but within first 4 statement cycles which gives you about extra 1 month than cards mentioned above. FYF for the primary cardholder and up to 3 authorized users. Beware the CB won't get credited till Dec. statement. If you aren't planning to renew and pay AF next year, stop using the card after Nov. statement cycle.
https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ID=2014193

Things to note:
* Product switching is excluded from the offer.
* For Infinite, minimum $60k individual or $100k household annual income required. For Platinum, minimum $15k household. The only difference between 2 seems like insurance coverage.
* The promo end date not mentioned, it can be pulled at anytime.
* The only way to activate the card is by phone. Then we need to go thru high sales pitch for balance protection, who doesn't take a no for an answer. Update 8/30: I've noticed there's now a button 'activate card' after you log in, right above the list of cards you hold. I'm unsure if it's for existing customers only or for everybody.
* The AF and the rebate get posted within first 2 statements.

ManulifeMONEY+ Visa Infinite
This gives the largest cash back welcome bonus in theory: 10% back in GROCERY spending up to $2,500 during first statement cycles, travel spends will earn 2% and others will earn 1% entire time. FYF. Great for people spend a lot of money at grocery stores and people planning to apply for multiple cards for multiple welcome bonuses.

Things to note:
* Minimum $60k individual or $100k household annual income required.
* The terms say first $2.5k grocery spends need to get 'posted' during 3 statement cycles to earn 10% CB.
* The promo end date not mentioned, it can be pulled at anytime.
* Payouts occur quarterly.

Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite
Update 10/17: See the last bullet for their payout schedule. You may want to check back after Jan. or so to see if the offer is still there.
FYF and 10% CB on first $2k spend. Unlike 2 cards above, this card is only good for quick spenders, because...Scotia pays out bonus and regular CB portions separately. The regular 1-4% portion will be paid out in Nov. statement, so you need to apply NOW, then spend all $2k ASAP, unless you plan to keep the card and pay annual fee next year. The same offers are loaded on Scotia's own site as well as a few 3rd party sites. The best way is to sign up with cashback.highinterestsavings.ca, then get either $65 by etransfer or $80 in Amazon GC. GCR.CA is offering $60 rebate, and their payout is a lot slower than highinterestsavings.

Things to note:
* Minimum $60k individual or $100k household annual income required.
* The terms says the bonus portion of CB will be applied within 7 months. I believe this is new, I think got them on same statements last year.
* The regular portion of 1-4% CB is paid out in Nov., so the best time to sign up for this card is in summer. I think Scotia has just brought back this offer today on 9/1, they got smarter and made it a bit more difficult to churn.
Last edited by maverikbc on Oct 17th, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
350 replies
Oct 12, 2016
875 posts
260 upvotes
Can I apply for this card if I already have elight Money With Wings back card?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3670 posts
970 upvotes
Calgary
Would product switching from another card to this card work?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1878 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
The perks (10% back on the first 2k, FYF) are identical to the Scotia momentum visa. If you apply for the scotia card via GCR you also get a $60 cash back on top.
[OP]
May 26, 2011
799 posts
588 upvotes
zero_ wrote: The perks (10% back on the first 2k, FYF) are identical to the Scotia momentum visa. If you apply for the scotia card via GCR you also get a $60 cash back on top.
With Scotia, you won't get the regular portion of CB till Dec. They also limit the welcome bonus to the new customers who hadn't had their cards last 2 years according to T&C, although I haven't researched whether they enforce it or not.

Why don't you grab both?

Edit: The OP of this thread says their offer ended in Apr. I no longer see any mention of 10% CB on scotiabank.com and via GCR.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/scotia- ... s-2345186/
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11481 posts
4631 upvotes
If I already have this card ... Can I apply for the same identical card basically, mainly just for the promo sake?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1083 posts
2451 upvotes
Darkman wrote: If I already have this card ... Can I apply for the same identical card basically, mainly just for the promo sake?
No.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11481 posts
4631 upvotes
cursayer wrote: No.
LOL ... I was hoping the answer was "Yes" .... cuz I recall ( POSSIBLY ) talking to TD credit card rep before about this ... and she told me one could do so, and qualify for the bonus promo (if approved for the card) ... -- so I was only double-checking basically ... but you go "No." :(
Oct 14, 2004
927 posts
229 upvotes
Victoria
I'm not really up on all that is reward cards. Is this a good card outside the initial promo? Is 3% Grocery/Gas/Utils and 1% otherwise competitive?
Jan 14, 2007
240 posts
10 upvotes
Its only up to $2000 spend.... so its just a $200 rebate.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11481 posts
4631 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: I'm not really up on all that is reward cards. Is this a good card outside the initial promo? Is 3% Grocery/Gas/Utils and 1% otherwise competitive?
Plus a free road side assistance.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11481 posts
4631 upvotes
ImprezaSTi wrote: Its only up to $2000 spend.... so its just a $200 rebate.
Nothing is wrong with that ... (re: $200 rebate).
Jul 7, 2016
331 posts
658 upvotes
Darkman wrote: If I already have this card ... Can I apply for the same identical card basically, mainly just for the promo sake?
Darkman wrote: LOL ... I was hoping the answer was "Yes" .... cuz I recall ( POSSIBLY ) talking to TD credit card rep before about this ... and she told me one could do so, and qualify for the bonus promo (if approved for the card) ... -- so I was only double-checking basically ... but you go "No." :(
it actually depends. I have churned this card twice in the last twelve months because previously it only excluded cardholders who closed the TD CBI within the last 6 (?) months or received the welcome bonus within the last 6 months of applying for it (something along those lines). I did not close my CBI and still received the bonus for the second CBI (i.e. I hold 2 CBI cards).

This offer now has the exclusion for both customers who activated or closed the TD CBI within the last 12 months. So in this case, you may or may not qualify. (I personally do not as I activated 2 within the last 12 months.)
TD wrote:This offer is not available customers who have activated and/or closed a TD Cash Back Visa Infinite* Account in the last 12 months.
If you want to gamble it, may be worth checking data points in the Credit Card forums.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1193 posts
277 upvotes
casperr wrote: Would product switching from another card to this card work?
In March I switched from the TD Travel to the Cashback and got the similar promo.
Jul 7, 2016
331 posts
658 upvotes
If people need more 10% offers:

BMO Cash Back World Elite - 10% on $2k over 3 months, FYF. Flexible redemtion. Expires Oct 31, 2020.

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... -cashback/

CIBC Dividend Infinite or Dividend Platinum - 10% on $2k over 4 statements, FYF. Cash back credited once a year in December. Must apply through an affiliate link below (not the public link). BMO was similar but recently became public so same may happen with CIBC. Offer started June 2, 2020. I did not see an expiry date but terms state this offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time.

https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ID=2014193
maverikbc wrote: With Scotia, you won't get the regular portion of CB till Dec. They also limit the welcome bonus to the new customers who hadn't had their cards last 2 years according to T&C, although I haven't researched whether they enforce it or not.

Why don't you grab both?

Edit: The OP of this thread says their offer ended in Apr. I no longer see any mention of 10% CB on scotiabank.com and via GCR.
scotia-momentum-visa-infinite-card-scot ... s-2345186/
Scotia's offer expired on July 1st and has many more restrictions than TD (e.g. cannot have been a Scotia cardholder for the past 2 years although many data points suggest people still got the welcome bonus).

Also, based on several data points in the Credit Card forum, Scotia seems to be quite conservative (or straight up odd) when making their decision. It indicates a minimum individual income of $60,000 or $100,000 household. However they do not seem to take household income into consideration unless you jointly apply, but they want you to report your household expenses.

Several individuals reported being declined as their individual income did not pass their tests for meeting household expenses.