Hot Deals

TD, BMO, CIBC, Scotia and Manulife cash back 10% cards welcome bonuses end dates vary

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 8:51 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1449 posts
1669 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
adilh53 wrote: Anyone that recently applied for a new CIBC credit card, how long after being approved did you see your new CC show up on CiBC online banking?

I had an existing online profile (old basic dividend cibc visa) and I applied for the infinite cashback dividend Visa through my cibc online profile. Approved on Aug 26 (wednesday) but I still dont see my new cibc dividend infinite account show up on my cibc online profile when I log in.

Is that normal with cibc? With other FI's like TD and BMO, new credit cards start showing up within a business day or 2 on online banking...
If I remember correctly, CIBC cards display upon activation.
[OP]
May 26, 2011
808 posts
599 upvotes
stimy wrote: Thanks mzmoney, but is there a bonus from gcr? Otherwise I don't see the point in using them.
I don't know if referees get any bonus, but if you have a friend who's already a member, why not get a referral from them?
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Feb 4, 2019
919 posts
1362 upvotes
BC
MiNuNDeCoMpUtEr wrote: Is there a annual 15k cap to cashback for TD card?
AFAIK, the G&G and PAP accelerators each have a $15K cap, after that it's 1%.
Sep 5, 2018
137 posts
38 upvotes
rhw123 wrote: AFAIK, the G&G and PAP accelerators each have a $15K cap, after that it's 1%.
ooo, I thought it was only split for the welcome bonus

so it's not shared in general?
Jun 1, 2015
568 posts
177 upvotes
Calgary, AB
With the BMO world elite cashback MC, I only see the option of redeeming rounded amounts and not cents for my cashback. I dont have a bank account with BMO, only the credit card

Is there a way to redeem the entire amount of cashback including the cents (like with TD where you can call Customer service)? Any such way to redeem entire cashback including cents for BMO cashback Mastercard?
Dec 5, 2008
167 posts
17 upvotes
Longueuil
For the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite: "Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offers."
[OP]
May 26, 2011
808 posts
599 upvotes
dd55 wrote: For the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite: "Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offers."
In the credit card world, stating something in their terms, and actually enforcing them are different matters. I encourage people to share DPs here.

Of several cards I listed in my OP, the Scotia card isn't the best for churners without a big and quick spend, with the reasons I already wrote there.

I'm unsure if I should add AmEx Simply Cash Preferred to my OP.
Pros:
* Earn 10% for 4 months, not industry standard of 3 months.
* Up to $4k spend during that 4 months, double the industry standard of $2k.

Cons:
* No FYF, they charge $99/yr.

Just a heads up TD offer is ending tomorrow the 8th.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2054 posts
199 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Hopefully I get my 10% from scotiabank offer before Nov.. otherwise will change my account to the one that includes annual fee rebate.

Just got approved for the BMO Cashback card, have a few appliances to buy soon -- so will be useful.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1849 posts
1336 upvotes
maverikbc wrote: Just a heads up TD offer is ending tomorrow the 8th.
Do we know when the cibc 10% offer ends yet?
May 6, 2020
327 posts
213 upvotes
Halifax
My wife did changed her card from TD Aeroplan visa to cashback infinite. It was pretty simple. Just few questions.

They didn't mention anything about 10% cashback for 3 months is it automatically gives you the promo or has to ask them specifically for that?
[OP]
May 26, 2011
808 posts
599 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: Do we know when the cibc 10% offer ends yet?
I don't know, but BMO is going till October, Scotia just came back last week, my guess is that they go a little longer. I have no idea what TD comes back with tomorrow, they seem to be experimenting with different schemes every promo last couple of years. Rewards Canada often seems to have some insider knowledge, they often let us know in advance.
Kiraly wrote: Snagged the TD card today. Last day. My first TD card. Already have it in Apple Pay. Thanks OP, upvoted
Thanks for your upvote. Did you say you applied today, but it's in your Apple Pay already? I haven't stored any TD cards to in my S Pay, but with other cards, I had to enter everything, including expiry dates, 3-4 digit codes, so I don't think I can register cards with S Pay until we receive the physical cards and activate them.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5478 posts
4328 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Yes with the TD banking app it can add your card to Apple Pay for you on the day you are approved. I don’t even know the expiry date or CVV are yet, and won’t know them until I get the physical card.
I still find this to be a bit mind-numbing. That you can add it AND use it without activating it first.
@marty3d reported this a couple of months ago at the TD Discussion thread:
td-credit-cards-discussion-thread-2252662/90/#p32847557
td-credit-cards-discussion-thread-2252662/91/#p32848423

K, are you able to start using it already, within minutes of adding to your Apple Pay?

I'm already sitting on 6 TD tradelines, so I won't be applying for a new card any time soon, unless I decide to shut some down first. :|