Hot Deals

TD, BMO, CIBC, Scotia and Manulife cash back 10% cards welcome bonuses end dates vary

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 8:51 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9062 posts
10498 upvotes
Vancouver
bizee-bee wrote: I still find this to be a bit mind-numbing. That you can add it AND use it without activating it first.
@marty3d reported this a couple of months ago at the TD Discussion thread:
td-credit-cards-discussion-thread-2252662/90/#p32847557
td-credit-cards-discussion-thread-2252662/91/#p32848423

K, are you able to start using it already, within minutes of adding to your Apple Pay?
Haven’t tried yet, but looks like it.
AA09ED4D-4A9F-4DBF-B119-042C49D5B3DB.png
[OP]
May 26, 2011
808 posts
599 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Yes with the TD banking app it can add your card to Apple Pay for you on the day you are approved. I don’t even know the expiry date or CVV are yet, and won’t know them until I get the physical card.
Intrigued.

I wish banks started issuing virtual cards soon as being approved (maybe they already do that in other countries), so we can start using them for online purchases and mobile payments.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2429 posts
2439 upvotes
GTA
If anyone is contemplating the current TDCBVI 10% offer that is 'supposed' to expire today, Sep 8/20, I just checked thread Sep 2019:

td-bank-cashback-infinite-6-2k-90-days- ... 288822/15/

#564 @angel_wing0 posted on Sep 20/19:

" ... But if you do a PS tomorrow, then for sure you wont get 10%, today is the last day for most places."

and then

#585 @angel_wing0 posted on Sep 21/19:

"btw TD page seems to be back to Dec 1st now..well at least for me."

and image below showing new expiry ending Dec 1/19

So-o 2 things to consider:

#1 whether TDCBVI offer will remain the same 10% for first 3 mths/$2k ... and/or will be extended to end of year
#2 whether offer will be online only (or not) and/or whether Ts and Cs will change

Only YOU can decide ... do it today, or wait for tomorrow?

Cheers!
Images
  • tdcbi_todec12019.png
Feb 4, 2019
919 posts
1362 upvotes
BC
Kiraly wrote: Yes with the TD banking app it can add your card to Apple Pay for you on the day you are approved. I don’t even know the expiry date or CVV are yet, and won’t know them until I get the physical card.
bizee-bee wrote: I still find this to be a bit mind-numbing. That you can add it AND use it without activating it first.
The card in Apple Pay is basically a separate, virtual card with a different card number that is linked to your account, pretty much like a supplementary card.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9062 posts
10498 upvotes
Vancouver
rhw123 wrote: The card in Apple Pay is basically a separate, virtual card with a different card number that is linked to your account, pretty much like a supplementary card.
Yes I already used it to make a purchase today. And today is when I applied for the card. Pretty impressive, TD.
Feb 4, 2019
919 posts
1362 upvotes
BC
Kiraly wrote: TD cash back infinite 10% on $2000 and FYF offer that ended yesterday has been extended to December 6th.
Also, new TD FCT offer is FYF, 20K pts on first purchase, 40K pts on spending $1500.
In terms of cash value it's a better offer than CBI (higher earn on lower MSR):
If you cash out with Book Any Way, 250 pts = $1.
Including the 4500 pts base earn on the MSR, you get 64.5K pts = $258. That's 17.2% cash back.
Redeeming for travel via Expedia4TD for would bump it to $322.50 or 21.5% if you happen to need a car rental or something.
[OP]
May 26, 2011
808 posts
599 upvotes
rhw123 wrote: In terms of cash value it's a better offer than CBI (higher earn on lower MSR):
If you cash out with Book Any Way, 250 pts = $1.
Including the 4500 pts base earn on the MSR, you get 64.5K pts = $258. That's 17.2% cash back.
Redeeming for travel via Expedia4TD for would bump it to $322.50 or 21.5% if you happen to need a car rental or something.
I appreciate your value comparisons, and I agree with you, I'd go for the new FCT offer instead of CBI (but why not both?).

Ive been trying to stick with straight forward CB cards with minimum 10% WB for this thread. For someone like myself who has been consistently squeezing minimum 4cpm out of Aeroplan and Alaska Mileage Plan, I could post those great values all day long, but they're far from straight forward CB, and if I start talking about those, this thread just becomes messy. Having said that, the HSBC offer with 100k bonus points came out this week I find hot, I'll probably apply for it soon.

Update: applied via GCR, got approved instantly.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Feb 19, 2012
44 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't know if this was mentioned in the previous 16 pages anywhere, but just a FYI if you're applying for the CIBC card:

I applied through the link provided here, which shows a welcome offer of 10% for first 4 statements up to $2000 in net purchases. Throughout the application process, i checked the terms and conditions, which included wording on the 10% promotional offer. However, when my card arrived, the package did not include anything about the 10% offer. I called in to ask and they said i did not have it, nor was it an available offer that CIBC was offering. She asked where I saw it, i gave her the CIBC link (that still works and shows the bonus as of now), but she said that it could be an old link because they dont have that offer going on right now. In the end, after some back and forth and being put on hold, she said they would honor the offer and make note of it on the account, but she was still adamant that there was no promotional offer going on.

So, if you're applying for the CIBC card even through the links provided here (which say there is the 10% welcome offer), YMMV and you may not actually get the offer. At the very least, you need to call in to check with them.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5479 posts
4328 upvotes
bobbinka wrote: Don't know if this was mentioned in the previous 16 pages anywhere, but just a FYI if you're applying for the CIBC card:

I applied through the link provided here, which shows a welcome offer of 10% for first 4 statements up to $2000 in net purchases. Throughout the application process, i checked the terms and conditions, which included wording on the 10% promotional offer. However, when my card arrived, the package did not include anything about the 10% offer. I called in to ask and they said i did not have it, nor was it an available offer that CIBC was offering. She asked where I saw it, i gave her the CIBC link (that still works and shows the bonus as of now), but she said that it could be an old link because they dont have that offer going on right now. In the end, after some back and forth and being put on hold, she said they would honor the offer and make note of it on the account, but she was still adamant that there was no promotional offer going on.

So, if you're applying for the CIBC card even through the links provided here (which say there is the 10% welcome offer), YMMV and you may not actually get the offer. At the very least, you need to call in to check with them.
Did you actually try spending with the card before calling to see if it would earn the 10% rate. CIBC shows the CB earned after the purchase moves from pending to posted, with a running total at the cards online/mobile page. Reps often don't know what they should/shouldn't see to tell you if your card is actually going to be earning at the 10% rate, and the litmus test is to just make a $1 purchase to see for yourself. Then call if it's only pulling in 1% (or 4% at G&G).

In any event, I don't know why the GCR offer is not mention in the OP post, as it is still an active, advertised and solid offer for the same 10% offer, as going through that link you chose to use.
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... inum-Visa/
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... -Infinite/

Sure, there's $0 cash back rebate offered by GCR for this card atm, but you'll get the 10% rate. We've opened 2 cards of these CIBC cards through GCR after CIBC stopped advertising it for 10%, directly at their website. No issues with getting the 10% rate.
Feb 19, 2012
44 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
yes, i did make a purchase to do a test run, but there's a larger purchase i wanted to put on the card and didn't want to wait for the test transaction to post, so i called in to ask. I got the card yesterday, did the test transaction today.
[OP]
May 26, 2011
808 posts
599 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: In any event, I don't know why the GCR offer is not mention in the OP post,
It's been mentioned since 8/5. Maybe I should set up pop up ads.

I've noticed RFD now has a locked promoted thread of that card, I'll add the link to my OP when I have access to my laptop.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12170 posts
3292 upvotes
Scarberia
do u guys think td visa infinite, cdn tire WE, and tangerine use the same algorythim? those are the 3 that i got rejected :( no free roadside for me SMH
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6900 posts
3172 upvotes
Montreal
mikka2017 wrote: do u guys think td visa infinite, cdn tire WE, and tangerine use the same algorythim? those are the 3 that i got rejected :( no free roadside for me SMH
Tangerine is known to be strict, so unfortunately it’s not an easy card to get.

They don’t have a current good offer on credit card anyway.

—-

Don’t you have the BMO cashback world elite ? It has roadside assistance.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)