Hot Deals

TD, BMO, CIBC, Scotia and Manulife cash back 10% cards welcome bonuses end dates vary

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 1:45 pm
Dec 26, 2012
376 posts
94 upvotes
MILTON
Is hightinterestsavinga.ca legit? They are giving $80 in amazon gift card.

For the scotia momentum, can you see how much cash back you earned after each transaction?
KOODO
TANGERINE BANK
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6889 posts
3148 upvotes
Montreal
hdub8817 wrote: Is hightinterestsavinga.ca legit? They are giving $80 in amazon gift card.
Yes they are legit.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6889 posts
3148 upvotes
Montreal
c229chen wrote: Can BMO WE CB be applied anytime like TD?
Rewards can be used on any statement, not limited to once a year.

Therefore, like TD, there is no specific « better » time period to apply for BMO cashback world elite.

If you are interested in another bmo card, you could apply for both of them the same day and have only one credit hit.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5458 posts
4277 upvotes
bobbinka wrote: yes, i did make a purchase to do a test run, but there's a larger purchase i wanted to put on the card and didn't want to wait for the test transaction to post, so i called in to ask. I got the card yesterday, did the test transaction today.
Been down that road many times myself. Understood. :D
maverikbc wrote: It's been mentioned since 8/5. Maybe I should set up pop up ads.

I've noticed RFD now has a locked promoted thread of that card, I'll add the link to my OP when I have access to my laptop.
Apologies Mav, I didn't see the note about GCR in the CIBC section when I glanced at the OP post earlier. The link is like bling-candy, and that's all I saw. :lol:

If I recall correctly, that link is straight from the CIBC website when it was a running public offer (started ~Nov 2019 and ran till Feb 2020?), and didn't require going through affiliated channels such as GCR. What I see in the link is: "special-offers/cash-back-offer.html?mktgSourceCode=962&treatmentID=2014193". (Which I believe isn't directly channeling anyone to use someone's referral)

Suggestion: that 'special' signup link is no longer 'discoverable' by visiting the CIBC website directly, ever since they stopped advertising that offer from their own website. So, why not remove it? Or at least mention this? Because eventually, it may no longer work to pull in the 10% rate. We've seen this with other promos in the past. Some people will then find out the hard way, getting burned and having to call in and beg CIBC to explain where they found the link. Plus we won't know till they decide to report it back here at the thread but by then how many others will have fallen into that hole?

Going through GCR is a publicly advertised affiliated sign-up channel for the 10%/FYF offer, though there currently is $0 rebate. Several people have been contacting me, and I have advised them to go through GCR (and no, I'm not asking them to use my GCR referral).

BTW, for people who may be wondering, there is a dedicated thread for the CIBC 10% promotional offer for their Dividend Platinum and Dividend Infinite Visa cards: cibc-dividend-visa-infinite-fyf-10-cb-u ... 2326513/5/
Warning: the OP post there hasn't been updated, so it displays a direct basic link to visit to the CIBC website. Back in Nov 2019, that link showed the 10% offer. However, if you click on it now, you'll see that the current offer is for the basic 4% on gas & groceries, with FYF as the only real promotional offer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7679 posts
2047 upvotes
multi city dweller
cashinstinct wrote: Rewards can be used on any statement, not limited to once a year.

Therefore, like TD, there is no specific « better » time period to apply for BMO cashback world elite.

If you are interested in another bmo card, you could apply for both of them the same day and have only one credit hit.
is there a min redemption amount ..?
i think TD CBI has a min redemption of $25 ...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5458 posts
4277 upvotes
c229chen wrote: Can BMO WE CB be applied anytime like TD?
You need to wait until a statement cycles, to see the BMO cash back earned for the month. You can sign up for a separate account at the bmocashback.com website. You won't see the the cash back earned at that site, like the way TD displays it at TDRewards.com, but you can use the self-serve options to apply the BMO cash back earned as statement credits (minimum $1, and whole numbers only, so you won't get the pennies applied). It's a bit of a pain to not see how much cash back your daily purchases are earning till the statement cuts, but other than that it's a close runner-up to the TD Cash Back Infinite.
Last edited by bizee-bee on Sep 13th, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2733 posts
772 upvotes
Montreal
How many working days to received the TD visa infinite TD by mail after being approuved online?
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Jun 18, 2004
399 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Mcklain wrote: How many working days to received the TD visa infinite TD by mail after being approuved online?
Usually within two weeks, but depends on your mail carrier.
[OP]
May 26, 2011
799 posts
589 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: do u guys think td visa infinite, cdn tire WE, and tangerine use the same algorythim? those are the 3 that i got rejected :( no free roadside for me SMH
Have you actually called them and asked them what you should do to get them approved? Sometimes all they want is to verbally confirm with you what they see in the apps.

I think I've seen your posts in multiple threads that you've been frequently applying? How many hard pulls with TransUnion and Equifax have been made last 6 months?
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12096 posts
3254 upvotes
Scarberia
maverikbc wrote: Have you actually called them and asked them what you should do to get them approved? Sometimes all they want is to verbally confirm with you what they see in the apps.

I think I've seen your posts in multiple threads that you've been frequently applying? How many hard pulls with TransUnion and Equifax have been made last 6 months?
5 each I think at least. Not sure

I asked cdn tire why I got declined.. They don't tell me
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2414 posts
2420 upvotes
GTA
bizee-bee wrote: You need to wait until a statement cycles, to see the BMO cash back earned for the month. You can sign up for a separate account at the bmocashback.com website. You won't see the the cash back earned at that site, like the way TD displays it at TDRewards.com, but you can use the self-serve options to apply the BMO cash back earned as statement credits (minimum $1, and whole numbers only, so you won't get the pennies applied). It's a bit of a pain to not see how much cash back your daily purchases are earning till the statement cuts, but other than that it's a close runner-up to the TD Cash Back Infinite.
Hey B, hope you had a great weekend!

You can also redeem via BMO App without setting up an account at www.bmocashback.com:

#1 In BMO App, click 'Account Details'
#2 Click 'Cashback balance'
#3 Under 'Your Cashback balance', click 'Redeem your cash'
#4 Heads-up: This link will open in a new browser. Click 'Go ahead' button
#5 Redirects to https://bmocashback.com with YOUR cash rewards balance
#6 'Options to redeem' - including Statement Credit

And, as you mentioned above, all other pertinent details!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5458 posts
4277 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: Hey B, hope you had a great weekend!

You can also redeem via BMO App without setting up an account at www.bmocashback.com:

#1 In BMO App, click 'Account Details'
#2 Click 'Cashback balance'
#3 Under 'Your Cashback balance', click 'Redeem your cash'
#4 Heads-up: This link will open in a new browser. Click 'Go ahead' button
#5 Redirects to https://bmocashback.com with YOUR cash rewards balance
#6 'Options to redeem' - including Statement Credit

And, as you mentioned above, all other pertinent details!
Cool, thanks for the tip Z.
Nov 22, 2017
72 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver
12 years client with CIBC, they will able to offer me this deal plus without the annual fee as long as I maintain min $12000 with them
I already have the Smart Plus Account which already includes a $120 fee waived on my Aventura Visa Infinite
[OP]
May 26, 2011
799 posts
589 upvotes
maverikbc wrote: I've noticed RFD now has a locked promoted thread of that card, I'll add the link to my OP when I have access to my laptop.
The CIBC RFD offer, it isn't FYF, but 2 years free, no welcome bonus CB boost, ending tomorrow.

The AF value is $99, so the offer posted in my OP with FYF and 10% CB better I find, but some people prefer taking 2 years and get 2 years fees waived. I won't be adding this offer to my OP, but here's the link if anybody interested:
https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... e9e8vD_BwE
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.