Hot Deals

TD, BMO, CIBC, Scotia and Manulife cash back 10% cards welcome bonuses end dates vary

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 1:45 pm
[OP]
May 26, 2011
799 posts
589 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Suggestion: that 'special' signup link is no longer 'discoverable' by visiting the CIBC website directly, ever since they stopped advertising that offer from their own website. So, why not remove it? Or at least mention this? Because eventually, it may no longer work to pull in the 10% rate. We've seen this with other promos in the past. Some people will then find out the hard way, getting burned and having to call in and beg CIBC to explain where they found the link. Plus we won't know till they decide to report it back here at the thread but by then how many others will have fallen into that hole?
As you said earlier, AFAIK, no card issuers in this country bother to customize their welcome letters with details of promo which people applied for, and rarely people at call centers can confirm those promos will be indeed honored. I bet it's one of call drivers, but they don't seem to give a damn.

There were some mixed reports from people who applied thru the link in my OP, yet, AFAIK, nobody has reported they got screwed by not receiving 10% and / or AF not rebated. So until I see a bunch of such DPs, I'll leave the link in my OP, and let people choose whether to apply via GCR or that link.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
[OP]
May 26, 2011
799 posts
589 upvotes
The reference to your tips have been added to my OP. Thanks!
bizee-bee wrote: You need to wait until a statement cycles, to see the BMO cash back earned for the month. You can sign up for a separate account at the bmocashback.com website. You won't see the the cash back earned at that site, like the way TD displays it at TDRewards.com, but you can use the self-serve options to apply the BMO cash back earned as statement credits (minimum $1, and whole numbers only, so you won't get the pennies applied). It's a bit of a pain to not see how much cash back your daily purchases are earning till the statement cuts, but other than that it's a close runner-up to the TD Cash Back Infinite.
mzmoney wrote: Hey B, hope you had a great weekend!

You can also redeem via BMO App without setting up an account at www.bmocashback.com:

#1 In BMO App, click 'Account Details'
#2 Click 'Cashback balance'
#3 Under 'Your Cashback balance', click 'Redeem your cash'
#4 Heads-up: This link will open in a new browser. Click 'Go ahead' button
#5 Redirects to https://bmocashback.com with YOUR cash rewards balance
#6 'Options to redeem' - including Statement Credit

And, as you mentioned above, all other pertinent details!
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7648 posts
1713 upvotes
Mont-Royal
When applied through gcr with visa infinite dividend CIBC I received email only 4% and not fyf. I don't receive the 10% of the email. Haven't recei e the card yet...

Did u guys have the 10% email confirmation when approved?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12098 posts
3254 upvotes
Scarberia
L4cky wrote: When applied through gcr with visa infinite dividend CIBC I received email only 4% and not fyf. I don't receive the 10% of the email. Haven't recei e the card yet...

Did u guys have the 10% email confirmation when approved?
nope! but when u do ur first buy make sure/confirm tha u get 10% cb in your account/app
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5557 posts
1349 upvotes
Milton
How soon does Scotia Momentum post the bonus cashback?
Jun 30, 2018
81 posts
45 upvotes
bobbinka wrote: yes, i did make a purchase to do a test run, but there's a larger purchase i wanted to put on the card and didn't want to wait for the test transaction to post, so i called in to ask. I got the card yesterday, did the test transaction today.
Could you please confirm if you received 10% cash back or not? Thinking to apply through GCR link if they are giving 10% cash back.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5458 posts
4277 upvotes
coolsam wrote: Could you please confirm if you received 10% cash back or not? Thinking to apply through GCR link if they are giving 10% cash back.
@bobbinka didn’t apply through GCR, but used the link instead in the OP.

Everyone I know of who DID use the GCR way, has received the 10% CB rate. IMHO, it’s solid for the 10% offer on the 10% CIBC cards.
Jun 30, 2018
81 posts
45 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: @bobbinka didn’t apply through GCR, but used the link instead in the OP.

Everyone I know of who DID use the GCR way, has received the 10% CB rate. IMHO, it’s solid for the 10% offer on the 10% CIBC cards.
Thanks for confirmation. Applied online through GCR link and got approved. Recorded screen for safe side if any disputes will occur, hopefully not. 🤞🏻
Feb 19, 2012
44 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
bizee-bee is right, I used the link in the OP.

I still got the 10%, but i had to call in to get it.
Jun 10, 2015
142 posts
41 upvotes
Canada
Thinking of getting the Smart Plus account and the CIBC card. Will they likely promote the 10% cashback deal on their website in the fall?
Nov 5, 2007
230 posts
64 upvotes
Just curious though are there any issues with applying CC at same time as mortgage approval is application being finalized? May need to take advantage of a new card when/if moving
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1331 posts
567 upvotes
TD CBVI - I’ve not reached 2k spending, but my cash back has already crossed 200. Just wondering how they are calculating the 10%.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2414 posts
2420 upvotes
GTA
headleygrange wrote: TD CBVI - I’ve not reached 2k spending, but my cash back has already crossed 200. Just wondering how they are calculating the 10%.
That's great! Have you registered your card at tdrewards.com to see calculations for each transaction? If not, check it out. Multiple lines for each transaction, which may give you a headache/blurry vision, however, you can see calculations online a few days after transaction posts.
Last edited by mzmoney on Sep 21st, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 1, 2005
884 posts
221 upvotes
GVR
If I switch from my TD FCI to TD CBI, do they assign a new CC# or do I keep my old one?

Has anyone that has switched comment?
Jul 31, 2012
272 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
whiteGSR wrote: If I switch from my TD FCI to TD CBI, do they assign a new CC# or do I keep my old one?

Has anyone that has switched comment?
I've switched back and forth with the Aeroplan Infinite and FC Infinite and card number has stayed the same