[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
10666 posts
7040 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Eleventeen wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2018 11:12 pm
Lol your so arrogant and make such insane assumptions.

I explained EXACTLY the scenario I encountered on the phone. It's not bold to relay information you were told from official sources.

Sure seems from the other poster I was told the wrong information. But the fact remains if you call up the number I did - cross border services, they simply have zero connection to the actual credit card call center that could check on that.

I'm not dumb. I asked very specifically who I was talking to. i talked to people both in canada and in the US. They just are not well integrated like the above poster said.

Obviously they asked my SSN/ITIN and they tried to look it up on the US side. They said no such application exists. My ITIN is very new so I can't even pull up my own credit score yet either, just get errors. I called the credit bureaus to ask about that even, they just said I do indeed have one, its too new so won't be able to for a while.

So if all is understood and factual, The useful information you can gleam from that is yea that yea, can't transfer you properly, or lat least most of them dont know how to.
  1. if they pulled your TransUnion in Canada, they definitely processed your application
  2. Call TD Bank Card Services, +1 888-561-8861. Follow IVR prompts for applications, cross-border applicants. Then you'll speak to a CSR in Georgia.

TD has a cross-border banking phone number. Ignore that one. In this case, you're dealing with TD Bank. Cross-border is for free wires, they won't help any with credit cards. They'll have no access to your app.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2348 posts
951 upvotes
Raincouver
Eleventeen wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2018 11:12 pm
Lol your so arrogant and make such insane assumptions.

I explained EXACTLY the scenario I encountered on the phone. It's not bold to relay information you were told from official sources.

Sure seems from the other poster I was told the wrong information. But the fact remains if you call up the number I did - cross border services, they simply have zero connection to the actual credit card call center that could check on that.

I'm not dumb. I asked very specifically who I was talking to. i talked to people both in canada and in the US. They just are not well integrated like the above poster said.

Obviously they asked my SSN/ITIN and they tried to look it up on the US side. They said no such application exists. My ITIN is very new so I can't even pull up my own credit score yet either, just get errors. I called the credit bureaus to ask about that even, they just said I do indeed have one, its too new so won't be able to for a while.

So if all is understood and factual, The useful information you can gleam from that is yea that yea, can't transfer you properly, or lat least most of them dont know how to.
you know what, I don't blame you for being new but please listen:
1. When you made assumptions of integration, you are expecting people to know everything. Even in Canada, TDCT Banking side won't be able to offer much help on Credit side. It's clear like night and day the separation is there and you do have to talk to the right person. Cross Border Banking line is simply to help you with simple banking inquiries and provide you the resources, they can't help you with credit card.

2. Per your claim of having ITIN, it has nothing to do in this case, especially when you bring up credit bureaus. Lots of people here wait for 6 months before their credit profile starts putting together. I don't know how long is your Canadian history but it's essentially the exact same thing.

3. Customer Service in USA is to dealt with customer's inquiry. They can look up your account not just by ITIN/SSN, the last resource using name/DOB would be something you should have tried. If you don't exist in their system, it means your app is being processed and your profile won't really show up until it's a NO or a YES.

Per se, calling somebody ignorant and insane won't really make you any less. Feel free to talk but picking on somebody bigger than you won't make you be that brave of a man.
CAN/USA Cross Border Banking

Netflix? Bill me in Turkish Lira, Watch Me around the world.
Jun 16, 2009
359 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga
efrant wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 1:33 pm
This is the number you call if you want to know if you were approved or not: 1-888-561-8861. I call in almost two weeks after faxing in my application and the told me I was approved. (The next day I received my card.)

TD doesn't appear very integrated. The U.S. side doesn't know anything about the Canadian side, the Canadian side doesn't know anything about the U.S. side. The cross-border team is pretty good, but they are on the banking side, not the credit card side (and while the credit card side in Canada is pretty integrated, it seems like it is separate in the U.S.)
I Applied on July 13 . I phoned this Morning July 23. I was told on the Phone, my Card was approved with a limit of $ 7500. I was told my Card should arrive in about 7-10 Business Days. I called the number 1 -888-561-8861.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1390 posts
192 upvotes
On the pdf application form, there is a question "Are you a US resident" with yes/no choice. Do you have to say yes?

I understand I need a US address, but I'm concerned that if I choose yes to US resident question I would be classified as a "US Person" or such that will have tax consequences in US. Therefore I really want to choose no to that question (but still put a US address), but would that disqualify me for the application?
Last edited by 513263337 on Jul 23rd, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2058 posts
2040 upvotes
Montreal
513263337 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 1:53 pm
On the pdf application form, there is a question "Are you a US resident" with yes/no choice. Do you have to say yes? I understand I need a US address, but I'm hoping I can choose no to US resident because I don't want to be mistakenly classified as a US Person or such that has anything to do with US tax-wise.

Can I say no to that question, but still put a US address?
Yes, put no, with a U.S. address.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1390 posts
192 upvotes
efrant wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 1:57 pm
Yes, put no, with a U.S. address.
Got it! And you were approved like that?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2058 posts
2040 upvotes
Montreal
513263337 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 1:59 pm
Got it! And you were approved like that?
Yes
Nov 13, 2016
232 posts
332 upvotes
For U.S address (mail forwarding service), should i put Other with $0 monthly payments? And what about time at residence?
If someone's comment helped you, an upvote only takes 1 click!
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
10666 posts
7040 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
slampii wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 10:38 pm
For U.S address (mail forwarding service), should i put Other with $0 monthly payments? And what about time at residence?
Leave time of residence at US address blank. The other info you suggested is correct.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Jun 16, 2009
359 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga
I forgot to put a US Address, TD Bank phoned me and told me , No US Address No Credit Card. I gave them a relatives Address, My card has been approved since.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9181 posts
764 upvotes
Toronto
So I'm guessing we can use this card to built up US credit history, and then eventually apply to other cards such as the Marriott VISA that had its Canadian counterpart discontinued?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

bend3r