1119 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
torvalds wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 8:35 pm
DP:
June 19th: Sent in application in via fax
June 20th: They pulled my credit report
June 21st: Got a call from credit department asking me to confirm some personal details
June 26th (Approved): Called them to ask about the status. Turns out it was approved on June 25th

Note: I applied for the Aeroplan Visa instead of the TD Cash - however the application process seems to be exactly the same.

Also another DP. This seems to be the lowest credit limit I've ever had @ 1k USD despite me having great credit and low inquiries in the past year. TD on the Canadian side (and other Canadian institutions) seem to throw 5-10k limits at me.
Hey which form did you use for Aeroplan card. This form does not have the aeroplan option
May 31, 2018
195 posts
262 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Epic fail for Faxzero. Sent my application via them on Dec 6, received email confirmation the fax was successful, call TD a few times to see how my application was proceeding and they say that haven’t seen it. Hmmm. So I had my local TD branch send it yesterday, and a very pleasant lady from Georgia called me today to confirm some details and said the application would be processed and reviewed shortly.

Here’s hoping for a quick approval and speedy mail service now, as the window is closing to our first excursion to the USA in the new year.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
3128 posts
1224 upvotes
Toronto
@dekvitaly That cheque from Harris finally showed up after 1 week. All is good!
Dec 15, 2018
29 posts
3 upvotes
Just got a missed call from the credit department a day after submitting (assume they want to confirm some details). What exactly did they confirm with other people here?
May 31, 2018
195 posts
262 upvotes
Saskatchewan
novc27 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 7:36 am
Just got a missed call from the credit department a day after submitting (assume they want to confirm some details). What exactly did they confirm with other people here?
I had put down our PO box for the Canuckian address and they required a physical address also. Also confirmed the US zip code for that address, and I think that was it. Might have been my less than stellar printing, should've used one of those pdf input apps to ensure everything was legible.
Dec 15, 2018
29 posts
3 upvotes
FarmerHarv wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 7:43 am
I had put down our PO box for the Canuckian address and they required a physical address also. Also confirmed the US zip code for that address, and I think that was it. Might have been my less than stellar printing, should've used one of those pdf input apps to ensure everything was legible.
Ah thanks. I put a PO Box as my American address, assuming this is the issue. Is there a way around this if you only have a PO Box?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
10883 posts
7383 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
novc27 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 8:01 am
Ah thanks. I put a PO Box as my American address, assuming this is the issue. Is there a way around this if you only have a PO Box?
Mail forwarding services use "suite number" to accommodate this.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Jul 26, 2018
427 posts
421 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Thx OP @titaniumtux for this summary. You'd be surprised how many conflicting answers I got from the reps on how to apply this card as a Canadian...
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2529 posts
1015 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
secretalcoholic wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:35 pm
Thx OP @titaniumtux for this summary. You'd be surprised how many conflicting answers I got from the reps on how to apply this card as a Canadian...
this question is indeed not a valid question.
Canadian living in the US applies the same way a US applicant
Canadian living overseas - Canada? cross border app.

Cross Border Support line should know this and should provide this information easily.
I am being targeted over Internet Relay Chat. Please help me.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
10883 posts
7383 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
secretalcoholic wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:35 pm
You're welcome. For those of us who value a US issued CC, this is definitely golden.
dekvitaly wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 3:09 pm
this question is indeed not a valid question.
Canadian living in the US applies the same way a US applicant
Canadian living overseas - Canada? cross border app.

Cross Border Support line should know this and should provide this information easily.
@dekvitaly please don't derail. @secretalcoholic wasn't asking a question.

For those who don't know better and have never been through this process, it can be daunting since the only nation-wide FI who will hold your hand all the way through cross-border is RBC (and they're not really competitive) or NBC, but NBC is less common outside QC and are also uncompetitive. TD CT won't walk you through this at all.

Canadians living in the US have it somewhat easier, where more FI's may have an outlet in person to do ID verification for account opening and some may even pull Canadian credit history.

@dekvitaly you've been helpful on the thread, so let's keep this discussion on track. Essentially, expect everyone asking questions on this thread to be complete novices, and honestly it's much easier to read OP of this thread than to go through the pages upon pages of the US cross-border Mega-Thread, especially go those who can only be bothered to acquire one US card.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Dec 15, 2018
29 posts
3 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 11:25 am
So far most of us use that one.
Thanks for all your help with this!
May 31, 2018
195 posts
262 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Received my TD debit card yesterday and so was able to set up online banking, and see I have a TD Cash Credit Card (Platinum) listed under my accounts so I guess I was approved. WhooHoo! $12,500 limit which is more than enough for us for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again to all who have contributed and made this a relatively smooth and painless process. There's no way I would have tried any of this without all your help.