• Mar 2nd, 2024 2:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7373 posts
9178 upvotes
Montreal
kiu92 wrote: In the TD Bank NA online banking site, I never see the TD Bank US credit card. I have to use a separate log in at TD Card Services to see the credit card account. Is there actually a way to see both checking account and credit card account under a single log in?
Yes, you can call TD and ask them to link your Visa to your online banking log-in. You may have to HUCA a few times until you find a rep who knows how to do it. The functionality is better at tdcardservices, but it's convenient to see your card on the same site as your banking, and to be able to just transfer funds to pay the bill, rather than bill pay.
Nov 12, 2009
295 posts
78 upvotes
From their FAQ:

How do I add an existing account relationship to my single log-in ID?
How to add an account relationship

Want to add an existing account relationship to the user name you're currently using?

You can do this by going to your profile settings in the top nav bar in a browser Online Banking session. Just follow the onscreen prompts.

Before you begin, however, please call us at 1-800-493-7562 for a better understanding of what will be impacted in the accounts you're adding to the current user name.

For example, prior to linking, you'll need to cancel any scheduled transactions coming out of the account relationship you're moving over. Those accounts will still be open, but they're going to be identified under a different ID (the log-in they're being added to).

Any incoming transactions should still deliver into the account(s), since such transactions are not dependent upon TD Bank online banking services.

Also be sure to update your statements settings if necessary, to ensure you'll receive paper statements.

Again, please call us at 1-800-493-7562 so we can ensure you're informed about impacts to your accounts you'll need to keep in mind.
kiu92 wrote: In the TD Bank NA online banking site, I never see the TD Bank US credit card. I have to use a separate log in at TD Card Services to see the credit card account. Is there actually a way to see both checking account and credit card account under a single log in?
Nov 12, 2009
295 posts
78 upvotes
My card account was added automatically. However, I can reach tdcardservices.com, only through manage my card link. Not from the menu at the top right. That asks for my credentials.

Yeah, it is better to have all accounts in one place. A simple transfer to pay the bill.

Thanks,
Jul 2, 2018
118 posts
97 upvotes
efrant wrote: Yes, you can call TD and ask them to link your Visa to your online banking log-in. You may have to HUCA a few times until you find a rep who knows how to do it. The functionality is better at tdcardservices, but it's convenient to see your card on the same site as your banking, and to be able to just transfer funds to pay the bill, rather than bill pay.
Haha. This was similar to my experience as well. I called TD Bank and was told I had to talk with TD Credit Card services, who told me I had to talk with TD Bank. Fortunately the second rep at TD Bank was more competent and was able to link the accounts. Actually had to have a supervisor do it, something to do with one of the accounts having my middle initial, and the other not.

Interesting point on that as well. She was able to lookup the credit card account using my "social" (my ITIN). I included both my SIN and ITIN on the faxed application. Glad they actually added the ITIN to the account.

TD Credit seems very knowledgeable and I've never had issues talking with them, TD Bank on the other hand is somewhat of a joke in the CS department. Half the reps have little knowledge and are often borderline rude. If it wasn't so easy to setup as a Canadian I'd drop everything with them.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7373 posts
9178 upvotes
Montreal
Semp12 wrote: Haha. This was similar to my experience as well. I called TD Bank and was told I had to talk with TD Credit Card services, who told me I had to talk with TD Bank. Fortunately the second rep at TD Bank was more competent and was able to link the accounts.
Yup, exactly the same thing happenned with me.
Semp12 wrote: TD Credit seems very knowledgeable and I've never had issues talking with them, TD Bank on the other hand is somewhat of a joke in the CS department. Half the reps have little knowledge and are often borderline rude. If it wasn't so easy to setup as a Canadian I'd drop everything with them.
One thing I've found is that I've always had better luck when calling TD Bank via the cross-border phone number, rather than calling TD Bank directly. The reps on the cross-border line are far more knowledgeable when it comes to our profile set-ups.
Oct 28, 2004
42 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks guys.. So it took me three hours on the phone with the US phone banking and Cross border banking, they both couldn't get it done, and said I need a SSN in order to link them. I even asked if ITIN works and they said no. You guys all have a SSN?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7373 posts
9178 upvotes
Montreal
kiu92 wrote: Thanks guys.. So it took me three hours on the phone with the US phone banking and Cross border banking, they both couldn't get it done, and said I need a SSN in order to link them. I even asked if ITIN works and they said no. You guys all have a SSN?
There's no need to differentiate between ITIN and SSN. Most U.S. bankers don't even know what an ITIN is, and if they do, they don't refer to it as ITIN. When they ask you for your SSN or "social" just given them your ITIN. No need to mention anything else.
Jul 2, 2018
118 posts
97 upvotes
kiu92 wrote: Thanks guys.. So it took me three hours on the phone with the US phone banking and Cross border banking, they both couldn't get it done, and said I need a SSN in order to link them. I even asked if ITIN works and they said no. You guys all have a SSN?
Did you provide your ITIN on the application? If not there might not be anything for them to pull up anyways.

As efrant said, when they ask for a SIN or social, you can just give them your ITIN. Most financial institutions in the US don't recognize the difference (same number format - ITIN's just start with a 9). This is how they found and linked my accounts.

Regardless of all that, I find it hard to believe you absolutely NEED a SIN/ITIN to link the accounts, as there's tons of people here who have this card without either, and I assume a lot of them have the card linked to their main TD account. I suspect the reps you talked to just didn't know what/how to do it.
Nov 12, 2009
295 posts
78 upvotes
This is the number they suggest to call in their FAQ to connect accounts to the same user login:

1-800-493-7562

Thanks,
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1736 posts
8092 upvotes
I got a letter in the mail - dated at the end of April! - saying that I haven't used my card in a year and that it would be closed in June if I didn't use it. I haven't used it, and I'm going to let them auto close it.

But, is this card churnable? Maybe I'll get it again in six months and enjoy the welcome bonus again - any DPs on that?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7373 posts
9178 upvotes
Montreal
coopercold wrote: I got a letter in the mail - dated at the end of April! - saying that I haven't used my card in a year and that it would be closed in June if I didn't use it. I haven't used it, and I'm going to let them auto close it.

But, is this card churnable? Maybe I'll get it again in six months and enjoy the welcome bonus again - any DPs on that?
I'm not sure, it may be churnable. But the bigger question would be why would you want to churn this card rather than the plethora of other U.S. cards with much bigger bonuses?
Sep 9, 2007
159 posts
144 upvotes
efrant wrote: I'm not sure, it may be churnable. But the bigger question would be why would you want to churn this card rather than the plethora of other U.S. cards with much bigger bonuses?
No ITIN required?
Nov 12, 2009
295 posts
78 upvotes
Received Signature card today. Activated the card online. I see that you can also set PIN online. I understand it is mainly for ATM Cash withdrawals. Did anyone set their PIN online?

The card has paypass too. Did anyone use Paypass in Canada?

The letter has my TU Canada score. It is interesting that it is considerably higher than what TU Canada shows to Canadian lenders.

No credit score on TD website though as I do not have a US address on file.

I also set up for electronic statements as soon as the card showed up in my profile.

FWIW, my Alliance credit union account shows credit score of 805.

Time line:

Fax sent: June 1st, evening
Credit pulled: June 3th
Credit Karma notification: June 4th
Card appeared in TD profile (I have a convenience checking account with them): June 5th
Card received in the post: June 22

Thanks

youtube101 wrote: Guys, I have a good news to share.

I logged into my TD account and was very happy to see TD Cash credit (Platinum) approved for $7500 credit limit. Very happy and excited to get this approved.

Q1) What does platinum signify? Okay I understand Platinum means credit limit under $5K, but my profile clearly shows $7500

Time line:

Fax sent: June 1st, evening
Credit pulled: June 3th
Credit Karma notification: June 4th
Card appeared in TD profile (I have a convieneince checking account with them): June 5th

Q2: I put my Canadian address as mailing address. Is it worth to call in to confirm that they are sending the card to Canadian address and not US address. I want to get this card as soon as possible, as now I want to put the big USD expense on this card instead.

What is cool is, I can login into TD card services directly from TD bank account profile. There I can see all the card details including Canadian address in the profile. No sign of US address anywhere. What do you guys see here for the address in your profiles? Does this mean the card is mailed to Canadian address? Also, here I can manage statement preference and can turn off paper statements if I want to. How soon can I turn of the paper statement? (don't want any mail to the mail forwarding service unnecessarily)

Thanks for all your support and help in this thread, without which I would not have been able to get this card.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4430 upvotes
BC
youtube101 wrote: Received Signature card today. Activated the card online. I see that you can also set PIN online. I understand it is mainly for ATM Cash withdrawals. Did anyone set their PIN online?
PIN is exclusively for ATM use AFAIK so no reason to bother setting it. I never did.
youtube101 wrote: The card has paypass too. Did anyone use Paypass in Canada?
You mean contactless? I think they started issuing contactless card sometime last year. Most of us here probably got their cards before that. I use mine via Apple Pay for contactless.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7373 posts
9178 upvotes
Montreal
youtube101 wrote: [snip]

No credit score on TD website though as I do not have a US address on file.
Unless you have a SSN, you won't be able to see your credit score through TDB's website.
Nov 12, 2009
295 posts
78 upvotes
So today, I wanted to use the physically to have the card get going.

I went to Walmart for some groceries, and at the cash, there is no contact less. I tried the magnetic strip, no dice. I ended up inserting the card and it got approved. I had to sign, okay with that since it is the first time use.

This is good, so now I can use the card online for upcoming big purchases and Paypal for US spend.

Just FYI.

Thanks,
May 4, 2010
260 posts
255 upvotes
Ottawa
youtube101 wrote: I ended up inserting the card and it got approved. I had to sign, okay with that since it is the first time use.
Just a note, the card is "chip and signature" as opposed to chip and PIN. You can go contactless by adding the card to mobile wallet.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7373 posts
9178 upvotes
Montreal
youtube101 wrote: So today, I wanted to use the physically to have the card get going.

I went to Walmart for some groceries, and at the cash, there is no contact less. I tried the magnetic strip, no dice. I ended up inserting the card and it got approved. I had to sign, okay with that since it is the first time use.

This is good, so now I can use the card online for upcoming big purchases and Paypal for US spend.

Just FYI.

Thanks,
You will have to sign every time you insert (or swipe) the card. As introspect mentioned, it's chip+signature, not chip+PIN. The card has no PIN for purchases, only for ATM cash advances.
introspect wrote: Just a note, the card is "chip and signature" as opposed to chip and PIN. You can go contactless by adding the card to mobile wallet.
Apparently some of the new cards support tap. (Mine is a couple of years old so I can't confirm.)
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4430 upvotes
BC
efrant wrote: You will have to sign every time you insert (or swipe) the card.
I've found this to be the case in Canada but in the US most places don't ask for signature anymore since Visa and MC dropped that requirement a couple of years ago.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7373 posts
9178 upvotes
Montreal
rhw123 wrote: I've found this to be the case in Canada but in the US most places don't ask for signature anymore since Visa and MC dropped that requirement a couple of years ago.
Yes, you're right. I can't remember ever signing in the states. But for most of my transactions in Canada, the merchants make me sign.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)