None
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2121 posts
2108 upvotes
Montreal
hotsince83 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:20 pm
hey guys, for those of you approved for the card with ITIN, how soon (if at all) were you able to see your credit profile with the US Credit Karma?
You can't view your credit profile on U.S. Credit Karma with ITIN -- you need an SSN for Credit Karma to work.

The only way I've been able to see my FICO score is via the Amex U.S. app. I started to see my score shortly after my sixth statement, and it updates once a month. As for my credit profile, I can get a partial glympse (i.e., I can see the number of hard pulls, the number of accounts, account balances, and the average age of accounts) on credit.com.
Oct 16, 2018
183 posts
109 upvotes
My Canadian SIN accidentally got on my US credit profile, by Amex US demanding it for verification on phone calls, despite me saying it's a SIN and not an SSN.

And it does get me into Credit Karma and most free credit places in the US. I have scores with all three US agencies, but Transunion only has on account on it.

Credit.com gives me a full Experian VantageScore and "National Equivalency"
Apr 2, 2019
364 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
I got approved for RBC and TD US cards and have given them my ITIN number in the applications, do you think they will for sure start reporting my accounts to credit agencies in the US or is there a probability they will pass me
over ?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
10901 posts
7412 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
hotsince83 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 8:03 pm
I got approved for RBC and TD US cards and have given them my ITIN number in the applications, do you think they will for sure start reporting my accounts to credit agencies in the US or is there a probability they will pass me
over ?
Will require a US address, but ya they'll start reporting.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2121 posts
2108 upvotes
Montreal
hotsince83 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 8:03 pm
over ?
If you have your U.S. address as your primary address on the credit card accounts, they'll be reporting to the U.S. credit bureaus.

Edit: ttux is faster!
Apr 2, 2019
364 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 8:05 pm
Will require a US address, but ya they'll start reporting.
I entered MyMallBox address with both TD and RBC :D
I guess that counts?
Apr 2, 2019
364 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:20 pm
Depends on which address they put as primary.
Thanks for your answers T!
Yeah I think it's set as primary with TD Bank US, but not with RBC US. So unless I explicitly specify a US address with my RBC US account they (meaning RBC) won't report my account to credit bureaus?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2121 posts
2108 upvotes
Montreal
hotsince83 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:28 pm
Thanks for your answers T!
Yeah I think it's set as primary with TD Bank US, but not with RBC US. So unless I explicitly specify a US address with my RBC US account they (meaning RBC) won't report my account to credit bureaus?
That is my understanding, yes. With RBC Bank, it's simple to change your address online. Just log on to your RBCB online banking and put your Canadian address as your "seasonal" address, and your U.S. address as your primary address.
Apr 2, 2019
364 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
efrant wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 2:04 am
That is my understanding, yes. With RBC Bank, it's simple to change your address online. Just log on to your RBCB online banking and put your Canadian address as your "seasonal" address, and your U.S. address as your primary address.
thanks E, will do!
Banned
Apr 22, 2018
76 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Still waiting for the card to arrive... its been like two weeks by now.

Do you guys know if the card has to appear in my online profile automatically along with my checking account or is it happening only after I activate it ? If it’s still not reflected there perhaps there some issue (it’s not).
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2121 posts
2108 upvotes
Montreal
Mr_A wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 11:02 am
Need some advice folks. I have both SIN and a SSN. Which one should I put or should I put both?
If you only put your SIN, TD Bank will pull your Canadian TransUnion credit file.

I can't say for sure, but if you only put in your SSN or SSN/SIN, I suspect the may try to pull your U.S. credit file. Do you have any U.S. credit history built up?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1915 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
efrant wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 12:27 pm
If you only put your SIN, TD Bank will pull your Canadian TransUnion credit file.

I can't say for sure, but if you only put in your SSN or SSN/SIN, I suspect the may try to pull your U.S. credit file. Do you have any U.S. credit history built up?
I had the free online checking account at Bank of America for a while until they decommissioned that product. I don't believe that, that would have built any credit history for me.

I want to build my credit history in the US and was wondering if I need to use my SSN.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2121 posts
2108 upvotes
Montreal
Mr_A wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:50 pm
I had the free online checking account at Bank of America for a while until they decommissioned that product. I don't believe that, that would have built any credit history for me.

I want to build my credit history in the US and was wondering if I need to use my SSN.
If it were me, I would put both my SIN and SSN.