Expired Hot Deals

[TD CT] TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card - 9% cash back for 3 Months for Gas/Groceries/Recurring Payments

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2018 4:03 pm
[OP]
Feb 23, 2010
237 posts
316 upvotes
Vancouver

TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card - 9% cash back for 3 Months for Gas/Groceries/Recurring Payments

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 3, 2018
Retailer:
TD CT
TD 9% for the first 3 months cash back is back on their Cash Back Visa Infinite Card. It's usually 6% for the first 3 months but now it's 9% Cash Back on gas, grocery and recurring bill payment purchases of up to $3500 ( x 9% = $315!). If you have an All-Inclusive account, there's no annual fee.

After the 1st 3 months, the deal is 3% on the above purchases, 1% on everything else.

I was in on this deal back in June. I managed to buy a bunch of Amazon gift cards from Superstore and get the 9%. It's a great deal to stock up on gift cards in the first 3 months.
Last edited by humble_kid on Sep 17th, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
35 replies
Oct 1, 2006
441 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough, Ontario
Yep, I plan on purchasing a bunch of gas gift cards with this card hoping for 9% cash back. I applied yesterday, got instantly approved, and see the card in the easyweb. Should be receiving the card some time next week.
Feb 11, 2013
288 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
What is considered as recurring bill payment? Has someone used PAYTM on this card and is it considered as Recurring payment?
Oct 21, 2015
331 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sadly doesn't waive first year fee. Looks like only TD customers can take advantage of this
Apr 5, 2006
333 posts
169 upvotes
Mississauga
cthakker wrote: What is considered as recurring bill payment? Has someone used PAYTM on this card and is it considered as Recurring payment?
Recurring payments are full of mystery. It works with some merchants but not with all.
Paytm - NO

This card is useful only for first three months anyway, and if no fee. Otherwise there are better cards
Jan 10, 2010
117 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
aw dang! i made my parents get one of these a month ago when it was only 6%...

I personally got this in May/June like OP and got the 9%. And bought a bunch of amazon and bestbuy gift cards haha.

Careful with recurring payments. Utilities (electricity, water, gas) do NOT count as recurring. Also my monthly parking recurring payment didn't count either. But my internet and security system bills count as recurring.
Also, SDM and Walmart do not count as grocery stores. But I was able to get my transit passes at a grocery store and I got 9% back =)

Another trick I did was at Mobil Gas Stations. I am a PC Elite MC holder, but the trick is to get a physical PC Optimum card, swipe it first at the pump for 3.5cents/L, then pay with TD Visa card for 9%. 50% of the time it worked in getting the 3.5cents/L, if I didn't get it, I kept the receipt and submitted a points inquiry on the PC Optimum app and got my points no problem within 48 hrs.

After 3 months, still using it to pay my internet and security bills. But that's pretty much it.

And I do like the easy feature of using the rewards $ to practically one click and use it towards paying off your TD credit card bill.

Another benefit of this card is this essentially acts as an AMA membership for me with tows and dead battery and what not. Plus other insurances and warranty extensions. And cause I upgraded to the All-Inclusive TD account, I was also able to get my wife a supplementary TD Visa card so she too has the "AMA membership" benefits.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1328 posts
420 upvotes
Winnipeg
I am having hard time finding a grocery store that offers 6% or 9%..

For Instance in Winnipeg MB: No frill- they don't accept VISA, hence I use my PC Master card.. Since I already have a mastercard I use at Shoppers and Superstore as well.
Lucky Store/La Grota/Gill Groceries and Online Walmart Grocery or certain Walmart Grocery location gives qualifies for TD cashback
Gas is pretty much everywhere..
Costco where I do my shopping heavily doesn't qualify as Grocery as its MC Code is "Wholesale Club" hence I use Rogers that gives me 1.75%
for Pre-Authorize payments, I would have to find if they are qualified as Re-occurring payments cash back, if not, ROGERS is the way to go.
Last edited by shampygarg on Sep 7th, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 26, 2013
718 posts
582 upvotes
Winnipeg
shampygarg wrote: For Instance in Winnipeg MB: Shoppers/No Frill/Superstore- they don't accept VISA, hence I use my PC Master card..
Lucky Store/La Grota/Gill Groceries and Online Walmart Grocery or certain Walmart Grocery location gives qualifies for TD cashback
What do you mean by Shoppers and Superstore don't accept VISA? That is simply not true.
Oct 31, 2009
382 posts
137 upvotes
Vancouver
shampygarg wrote: I am having hard time finding a grocery store that offers 6% or 9%..
Costco where I do my shopping heavily doesn't qualify as Grocery as its MC Code is "Wholesale Club" hence I use Rogers that gives me 1.75%
for Pre-Authorize payments, I would have to find if they are qualified as Re-occurring payments cash back, if not, ROGERS is the way to go.
Well given that this is Visa card, and Costco doesn't take Visa it's irrelevant what the MC merchant code it. Most if not all Sobeys grocery stores take VISA (Safeway, FreshCo, Thrifty etc.)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1328 posts
420 upvotes
Winnipeg
ReaperEXE wrote: What do you mean by Shoppers and Superstore don't accept VISA? That is simply not true.
Well I was at No frill, they refused to accept VISA..I thought No frill/Shoppers and Superstore are part of loblaw and only accepts Mastercard like Costco does..I will rectify my statement.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5540 posts
1933 upvotes
GTEH!
Good deal if it included FYF
😎
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1302 posts
1467 upvotes
Atlantic
shampygarg wrote: Well I was at No frill, they refused to accept VISA..I thought No frill/Shoppers and Superstore are part of loblaw and only accepts Mastercard like Costco does..I will rectify my statement.
No Frills does not accept VISA. Only Mastercard.
Superstore accepts VISA + Mastercard. Granted, I live in Atlantic Canada, where we only have "Atlantic" Superstore.
Shoppers accepts VISA, Mastercard and Amex.
Aug 15, 2003
703 posts
437 upvotes
Anyone know when the annual fee gets charged? I'm guessing first statement?
Aug 30, 2012
186 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
The annual fee can be waived if you have the all inclusive checking account with TD