• Sep 9th, 2021 8:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2089 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto

TD DI transfer to Interactive Brokers

Interactive Brokers requires a 10 digit ATON account number which is not the account number TD DI prints on the statments. Is the ATON account available somewhere on the online account or on any document TD migth have issued?

TIA.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1610 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
Unsure about the ATON, however you can also bill pay to Interactive Brokers.
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / Plastiq / Paymi / Ampli
Jun 28, 2018
974 posts
703 upvotes
Toronto
Give TD DI a call/chat if their statements don't provide it.

I've transferred from Questrade and needed to dig into statements/confirmations until I could find the full account number.
The Distracted Investor

Dividends through quality companies 😃 Though I usually lose money with trades :facepalm:
Jan 9, 2017
283 posts
376 upvotes
I have done a in-kind transfer from my TD DI taxable account to my IB account. There is no ATON number required. I remember I just used the account number from my TD DI account which is in length of 6 characters with both letter and numbers.

One thing is while you are waiting for the transfer to happen, there better be no activities in your account. The first transfer request failed due to activities. The second one succeeded smoothly.