Investing

TD e-Series funds Megathread (Post all your questions here)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2024 8:10 am
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
3444 posts
2672 upvotes
Montreal, QC
baldvulture wrote: I called TD Asset Management and they told me that the fund return was low so they didn't pay distributions for December 2023.

Looking at the historical returns here I noticed that the December are either larger than the regular monthly distribution or missing altogether. They also happen in mid-December, as opposed to the end of the month as usual so they may be some form of yearly adjustment.

BV
Thanks for the reply and for the information you got from them.

I find it weird when in the previous monthly returns up into December, my value was "far" from being $0.00 and in December 2023, I got $0.00

In my mind, (excluding the fluctuation in price), it is like having a HISA which is untouched where the balance is increasing because of the increase from interest say ~$30 in previous consecutive months and then in December 2023, pays $0.00. I would wonder what had changed in that time. It would be more understandable if in the previous consecutive months, it was like between $0.50 to $1.00
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
3444 posts
2672 upvotes
Montreal, QC
baldvulture wrote: I called TD Asset Management and they told me that the fund return was low so they didn't pay distributions for December 2023.

Looking at the historical returns here I noticed that the December are either larger than the regular monthly distribution or missing altogether. They also happen in mid-December, as opposed to the end of the month as usual so they may be some form of yearly adjustment.

BV
I just called them and at first the guy that I spoke with after a few seconds of thought immediately said "if you didn't get anything, it is correct and there was nothing that we could do".

I then told him that this wasn't much of an answer and it was equivalent to me stating that I had a high interest savings account or invested in their money market mutual fund and in a particular month, after getting interest above $10 in the previous months, get $0.00 in the month of December when the balance didn't decrease and to be told that "it is correct" without any explanation and "there wasn't anything that we could do about it"

He then said it is a bond fund and not an interest bearing account and I then countered with "yes, I know that but bond prices go up/down due to interest rates but they pay interest which is why my book value is higher than the market value"

He then placed me on hold for about 3 minutes (where he told me that he would speak with his supervisors) and came back with "the amount that would have been paid out was so low that after paying the fees, there was no amount to pay out". He also said something about the payout date for it being in the middle of the month (I didn't catch the exact date) and not the end of the month for December and said any interest from that date to January 1 will show up on January's payout.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
Update regarding the missing dividends for dec 2023 canadian bond index e -

totally forgot about it, and when i checked today the dividends are higher than usual. I read a few posts upthread that they didnt pay out for december as its too low, but instead they will add it to jan payout? Maybe that explains why its higher than usual for me.
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Apr 9, 2012
256 posts
170 upvotes
Does anyone know how to update the beneficiary designation for a TD E-Series Mutual Fund TFSA?
Jun 8, 2019
288 posts
345 upvotes
michaelr16 wrote: Does anyone know how to update the beneficiary designation for a TD E-Series Mutual Fund TFSA?
If it's a TDDI account, you can only do it by calling them. It doesn't matter what you hold in the account, the beneficiary is per account. For tfsa you may also consider a successor, if you are married.

BV
Apr 9, 2012
256 posts
170 upvotes
baldvulture wrote: If it's a TDDI account, you can only do it by calling them. It doesn't matter what you hold in the account, the beneficiary is per account. For tfsa you may also consider a successor, if you are married.

BV
Mine is with TD Investment Services and linked to my TD Chequing. This was opened during the og days when you had to open a regular mutual fund TFSA account first and then ask the TD branch staff to convert it to E-series. Assuming I can call it for this one as well?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)