• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2017 10:24 pm
[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
372 posts
325 upvotes
Chelsea

TD e-series funds set up question

Hey guys, finally got around to open my TD WebBroker account, got everything working, and now I'm at the point of investing. I have seen around the forum quite often that an automatic contribution of 100$/month gets you waived account maintenance fees, but I can't seem to confirm that info anywhere on TD's site (they mostly talk about +25K$ waiving the fee and such).

Edit: Found a document (521778) mentionning that fees are waived with a monthly investment of 100$ in one or more household account..

Second question, if I opened a TFSA and a SDRSP, I would need to contribute 100$ combined or 200$ (100$ per account) to get all fees waived ?

See above edit

And my third question: it seems the automatic investing form isn't publicly available online and I need to call one of their representative. Would I need to also fill out foem 595680 (Monthly contribution plan) or can I use only the file they will provide me.

Thanks a lot for your help, this TD thing sounds almost mythical, but I'm sure once everything is setted up, it'll be a breeze !

-Simon
Last edited by SimonL556 on Feb 6th, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4 replies
[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
372 posts
325 upvotes
Chelsea
If mods could move to investing, sorry I didn't realize there was a sub-forum :/
Jan 1, 2007
107 posts
26 upvotes
100$/month for the household combined, just make sure your accounts are household-linked according to TDDI.

We set up our monthly contribution in-branch and then our systematic investment over the phone.

Welcome to the TDDI club.
[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
372 posts
325 upvotes
Chelsea
lucky13bbq wrote: 100$/month for the household combined, just make sure your accounts are household-linked according to TDDI.

We set up our monthly contribution in-branch and then our systematic investment over the phone.

Welcome to the TDDI club.
I have nothing with TD but my TDDI account, so I would believe my two accounts would be linked on the same household settings. Otherwise would surprise me...

Thanks for the heads up though !
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1561 posts
2275 upvotes
Thunder Bay, ON
SimonL556 wrote: I have nothing with TD but my TDDI account, so I would believe my two accounts would be linked on the same household settings. Otherwise would surprise me...

Thanks for the heads up though !
Not necessarily. TD is really bad at automatically linking accounts for household purposes. Even their fee document says "^Household accounts are defined as those TD Direct Investing accounts for clients living in the same household, with the same address. You must advise TD Direct Investing of these multiple account relationships.

Call them and tell them to be sure.
I solemnly swear, to never assume I have an inkling at which direction the market will head, and to never make any investments based on a timing strategy.