Personal Finance

TD Easyweb w/out any TD Banking Accounts

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 1:36 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 12, 2012
667 posts
775 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON

TD Easyweb w/out any TD Banking Accounts

Hey everyone. So, I am planning on closing my TD minimum chequing account this month. The reason being is that it has essentially been dormant for about 2 years and has just been eating fees slowly. It had been my only chequing account for quite some time, but after opening up accounts at other banks, it has not seen much use. I do have TDDI account, and access everything via easyweb, but no other accounts. I was just wondering, without an account, would I lose my access card and use of easyweb requiring me to use a webbroker to access my TDDI accounts?
Last edited by Ferny111 on Jul 8th, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 16, 2006
6205 posts
666 upvotes
Dunno, but why not open up an ULOC with TD?

It's free if you don't use it, there's no fees, and you'll keep access to TD Easy Web.
Moderator
User avatar
Mar 23, 2004
47136 posts
13327 upvotes
Markham
Ferny111 wrote: Hey everyone. So, I am planning on closing my TD minimum chequing account this month. The reason being is that it has essentially been dormant for about 2 years and has just been eating fees slowly. It had been my only chequing account for quite some time, but after opening up accounts at other locations, it has not seen much use. I do have TDDI account, and access everything via easyweb, but no other accounts. I was just wondering, without an account, would I lost my access card and use of easyweb requiring me to use a webbroker to access my TDDI accounts?
I believe you will still be able to use Easyweb to access TDDI.
Member
Aug 26, 2017
289 posts
262 upvotes
Doesnt TD EasyWeb just redirect you to TD WebBroker for your TD Direct Investing accounts? It does for me...
Moderator
User avatar
Mar 23, 2004
47136 posts
13327 upvotes
Markham
skyra322 wrote: Doesnt TD EasyWeb just redirect you to TD WebBroker for your TD Direct Investing accounts? It does for me...
It does, I think the OP access TDDI through Easyweb instead of logging in through WebBroker. To be honest, makes no difference.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 16, 2019
1568 posts
1958 upvotes
Why not convert your chequing account to a TD Every Day Savings Account? It only allows one free withdrawal a month, but there aren't any monthly fees.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1515 posts
509 upvotes
Ferny111 wrote: Hey everyone. So, I am planning on closing my TD minimum chequing account this month. The reason being is that it has essentially been dormant for about 2 years and has just been eating fees slowly. It had been my only chequing account for quite some time, but after opening up accounts at other locations, it has not seen much use. I do have TDDI account, and access everything via easyweb, but no other accounts. I was just wondering, without an account, would I lost my access card and use of easyweb requiring me to use a webbroker to access my TDDI accounts?
It's possible, yes. I have TDDI/Easyweb access and have never had a regular account.
Sr. Member
May 24, 2018
635 posts
465 upvotes
Ontario
TDDI has its own entry point (browser/app) & you are supposed to have been given its own set of Connect ID/credential to enter.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 12, 2012
667 posts
775 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
So, just an update, the account was originally a mutual fund account with the banking arm (to use with the e-series), however, I wanted access to TD's investing tools. Unfortunately, I looked over the paperwork/e-mails, and I was never actually assigned a TDDI login. I was informed by the advisor at the bank to simply use my easyweb access and could access the account via that portal. If the account is closed, the access card would lose its use (as the access card is tied to the banking arm). So, my issue was how to access the account going forward.

Solution: I opened a savings account for the time being. Thanks for all the replies, and @Octavius , the ULOC idea was actually a pretty good one and I may utilize it in the future.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2201 posts
715 upvotes
Can anyone tell me if someone has a TD credit card but does not have any products with TD - can they access online banking using the credit card?

Thanks.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
15529 posts
14041 upvotes
Going to the Moon
kulb wrote: Can anyone tell me if someone has a TD credit card but does not have any products with TD - can they access online banking using the credit card?

Thanks.
The answer is YES.

When I first started at TD CT, I only had a CC (opened cheesy savings accounts later). You most certainly can have CC only in EasyWeb. Mind you, the cheesy savings accounts add a lot of convenience.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2201 posts
715 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: The answer is YES.

When I first started at TD CT, I only had a CC (opened cheesy savings accounts later). You most certainly can have CC only in EasyWeb. Mind you, the cheesy savings accounts add a lot of convenience.
So just to clarify if you don't have a TD access card, you can use your credit card instead to register for TD EasyWeb right?
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
15529 posts
14041 upvotes
Going to the Moon
kulb wrote: So just to clarify if you don't have a TD access card, you can use your credit card instead to register for TD EasyWeb right?
You will get an access card (a VISA debit card that isn't linked to any deposit account) in order to log in. However, deposit accounts are not required to accommodate this.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 16, 2006
6205 posts
666 upvotes
Ferny111 wrote: So, just an update, the account was originally a mutual fund account with the banking arm (to use with the e-series), however, I wanted access to TD's investing tools. Unfortunately, I looked over the paperwork/e-mails, and I was never actually assigned a TDDI login. I was informed by the advisor at the bank to simply use my easyweb access and could access the account via that portal. If the account is closed, the access card would lose its use (as the access card is tied to the banking arm). So, my issue was how to access the account going forward.

Solution: I opened a savings account for the time being. Thanks for all the replies, and @Octavius , the ULOC idea was actually a pretty good one and I may utilize it in the future.
No problem.

A TD ULOC is the Unofficial RFD Frugal Big5 Chequing Account.

A lot of us use it as a chequing account that has zero fees per month, no requirement for a minimum balance, dirt cheap overdraft (not that any of us it for that purpose), free cheques, and allows for in-branch service. The fact it allows a positive balance (i.e., overpaying) makes it a very great account.

Anyway, glad you figured out a solution to your issue.
Last edited by Octavius on Jul 8th, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Apr 16, 2020
372 posts
479 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: You will get an access card (a VISA debit card that isn't linked to any deposit account) in order to log in. However, deposit accounts are not required to accommodate this.
After I closed my chequing account with TD, they sent me an access card so that I could access EasyWeb for my CC. That access card isn't a VISA.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
15529 posts
14041 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Kneader wrote: After I closed my chequing account with TD, they sent me an access card so that I could access EasyWeb for my CC. That access card isn't a VISA.
Oh, I thought they got rid of those. I guess they still have the access cards then.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2967 posts
1673 upvotes
Ferny111 wrote: So, just an update, the account was originally a mutual fund account with the banking arm (to use with the e-series), however, I wanted access to TD's investing tools. Unfortunately, I looked over the paperwork/e-mails, and I was never actually assigned a TDDI login. I was informed by the advisor at the bank to simply use my easyweb access and could access the account via that portal. If the account is closed, the access card would lose its use (as the access card is tied to the banking arm). So, my issue was how to access the account going forward.

Solution: I opened a savings account for the time being. Thanks for all the replies, and @Octavius , the ULOC idea was actually a pretty good one and I may utilize it in the future.
Fyi - make sure you keep at least $5 in the savings account (or create occasional transactions) otherwise the login will be suspended after a while (i think 6 months). You can reset in branch, but probably easier just to have some money in the account.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2006
1017 posts
616 upvotes
St Johns
Octavius wrote: No problem.

A TD ULOC is the Unofficial RFD Frugal Big5 Chequing Account.

A lot of us use it as a chequing account that has zero fees per month, no requirement for a minimum balance, dirt cheap overdraft (not that any of us it for that purpose), free cheques, and allows for in-branch service. The fact it allows a positive balance (i.e., overpaying) makes it a very great account.

Anyway, glad you figured out a solution to your issue.
Have you tried using the TD LOC for pre-payment (e.g. Utilities) or Payroll deposit? Does it work?
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
15529 posts
14041 upvotes
Going to the Moon
RubberCheese wrote: Fyi - make sure you keep at least $5 in the savings account (or create occasional transactions) otherwise the login will be suspended after a while (i think 6 months). You can reset in branch, but probably easier just to have some money in the account.
It's min balance 1¢ (no activity needed) to avoid the account going dormant.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2967 posts
1673 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: It's min balance 1¢ (no activity needed) to avoid the account going dormant.
Ah, good to know.

The teller that reset my suspended account thought the minimum was either $1 or $5, so I put in $5 Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)