Expired Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] Free $50 Gift Card for TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Holders

[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4197 posts
1881 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] Free $50 Gift Card for TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Holders

This is a nice freebie if you have a TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card.

Check your junk mail, because you could be the holder of a free $50 gift card to: Amazon, Esso, Safeway, Sobeys or Walmart.

Dear JR Guinness,
As a TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite* Card customer, when you book with Expedia For TD you expect a high level of service. However, during these unprecedented times, you recently had difficulty getting in touch with us. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional customer experience and in this case, we didn't deliver.

We value your business and would like to say thank youfor your patience with a $50 e‑gift card.

The email then goes on to say:

How to claim your $50 e‑gift card:
1: Select your preferred e‑gift card from 1 of 5 merchants before October 31, 2020
2: within 1‑5 business days, you’ll receive an email* from UGO Wallet with your e-gift card and instructions on how to redeem it. *an email will be sent to JR Guinness from UGO Wallet with your e-gift card information.

Hopefully this helps others, cuz I rarely look at my junk and would have missed out. Email was sent at 11am today.
56 replies
Feb 1, 2015
879 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for sharing. I didn’t get an email. Do you mind sharing what address it came from? It looks like you tried to contact them?
Last edited by ironmen77 on May 20th, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 22, 2012
419 posts
198 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks like it was since you booked with Expedia for td? Was that the case?
Nov 26, 2012
321 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
Lol crap I just canceled my card last month.
Oct 10, 2011
82 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
I got this email about a week ago. Definitely helps mitigate some of the frustration I experienced during my 30+ hours on hold trying to cancel my flight.

Expedia for TD has always been great to deal with and this is a nice bonus.
Jun 24, 2016
439 posts
446 upvotes
xhalo21 wrote: Looks like it was since you booked with Expedia for td? Was that the case?
The offer is explicitly because OP wasn't able to get in touch with Expedia4TD, as in the email description.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4197 posts
1881 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Email was sent from: email-TD.com

I did book a flight in February, but I just logged into the site and cancelled it.

I did have to do it a few times, as the site was busy.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3192 posts
1543 upvotes
Mississauga
Nothing here, seems extremely YMMV
I love RFD! :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4197 posts
1881 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sorry all.

Didn't think it would be this targeted.

I really didn't do anything out of the normal.

Booked a flight, cancelled a flight. Never spoke to anyone.

My apologies.
Last edited by JRGUINNESS on May 20th, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1846 posts
520 upvotes
All I got was an email thanking me for being a health care professional and gave a phone number to get priority customer service if needed.

NO gift card. Shame
Sep 24, 2008
608 posts
238 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP! I just checked my junk mail and found the free gift card email from May 6. I did have an Expedia points travel booking. Selected an Amazon card and got an email with the gift card code an hour later.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2217 posts
584 upvotes
YVR
Yea I think this is a ONE-OFF service recovery for the OP.
Zoomer
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4197 posts
1881 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If I helped 1 person, this post was worth it!

Now let the random Amazon purchases begin!