Expired Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 1:10 am
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1629 posts
790 upvotes
Kanada
wra45mon wrote: Too bad you're not in Quebec where there is no 1000$ spend requirement Grinning Face
I'm in QC and doing the $1000 on both of my cards anyways, just to be extra-safe the bonus points are gonna be posted and not be victim of a programming bug
Part of the art of working in customer service, at any company, is the ability to invent plausible explanations for unexpected outcomes. An algorithm makes the decision. The agent does not necessarily know why.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3265 posts
458 upvotes
GTA
bizee-bee wrote: If you bank with TD then definitely give them a call to see if there is a current pre-approve on your file. They come and go from time to time. 

The other alternative is to get a rep who is willing to do a soft check within TD's system to increase the limit to $5K. We have a couple of future blossoming churners in the nest who each started with a no-fee TD Green Visa as their very first CC. After a year, one of them called to ask if the modest $1K limit could be increased to $5K, for some upcoming anticipated spend. The rep said he would make an attempt to increase it without a hard pull, after asking for the pro-rated annual income (student summer job at the time), and as the annual income was over $60K, plus the requested limit was a reasonable $5K, the increase was approved. I double checked at Equifax and there was no hard pull. Fast forward a year, an in-branch teller had noticed the $5K limit, and on the spot offered an upgrade to the TD Cash Back Infinite Visa. Didn't even ask if $60K income was still current, a requirement for this Infinite Visa, and the card was converted easily and successfully. 

Chickling number two was not so fortunate. Same type of call to request for a soft check to increase the limit from $1K to $5K, but this time the phone rep would not budge and insisted a hard pull was required for the increase. Even after explaining that Chickling #1 had no such requirement to get the increase to $5K, this current rep said it was impossible. 

If only we had known it would become so unilaterally kiboshed at a later date, we would've passed the phone over during the first call to get both increased without credit pulls. Another example of "should've struck while the iron was hot".
Thanks once again bizee-bee! I had a $1000 limit TD Rebate Rewards card (one of my first during undergrad)...had the limit increased to $5k, then product swapped to the infinite visa. As per rep, no hard inquiry for the increase in limit since I did a "mini-app" over the phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1258 posts
363 upvotes
SnoopDop wrote: I'm in QC and doing the $1000 on both of my cards anyways, just to be extra-safe the bonus points are gonna be posted and not be victim of a programming bug
I plan to send them secure message and get it in writing saying 1k not required
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5090 posts
3472 upvotes
flamez1000 wrote: Thanks once again bizee-bee! I had a $1000 limit TD Rebate Rewards card (one of my first during undergrad)...had the limit increased to $5k, then product swapped to the infinite visa. As per rep, no hard inquiry for the increase in limit since I did a "mini-app" over the phone.
Thanks for the feedback, and GREAT to know that you truly CAN up the limit without a bureau HP! Time for Chickling #2 to try again.

For your newly created TDFCT card via the conversion, keep it alive with another switch, back to a no-fee card if you don't want to pay the annual fee next year. It has matured nicely in your credit file, adding to your AAoA, and will continue to boost your score and profile/strength.

On my end, I've completed two of my card's required $1000 spends. Never thought I'd be devoting so much spending to the TDFCT product...it's a sign of ennui in the current listless state of affairs in the churning scene of other CCs. :razz:
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3112 posts
2879 upvotes
Mordor
Will probably xfer my aeroplan to this card soon.....
looks like a decent bonus :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6690 posts
2090 upvotes
Mississauga
flamez1000 wrote: Thanks once again bizee-bee! I had a $1000 limit TD Rebate Rewards card (one of my first during undergrad)...had the limit increased to $5k, then product swapped to the infinite visa. As per rep, no hard inquiry for the increase in limit since I did a "mini-app" over the phone.
Sorry but what does "mini-app" mean?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5090 posts
3472 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote: Sorry but what does "mini-app" mean?
"mini-app" referring to the phone rep collecting updated personal info, including current/increased income.

Like @flamez1000 , my fledglings also had their very first CC while students with no employment status, and they were given a TD no-fee Green Visa card with a mere $1000. They have been TD clients since infants, and as students they were given their new cards without any credit enquiries at the time. Things in life can change, so you should call to update your personal financial info, particularly if your income has now been establish or increased.

Hopefully you can latch onto a rep who will run the (internal) soft-check to increase your limit to whatever amount you specify (ask for $5K as a minimum/maximum). Maybe the fact that these were student cards to begin with, or the fact that there is now a change of income levels, is a key to getting a limit increase without a bureau HP?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5090 posts
3472 upvotes
SnoopDop wrote: I'm in QC and doing the $1000 on both of my cards anyways, just to be extra-safe the bonus points are gonna be posted and not be victim of a programming bug
wra45mon wrote: I plan to send them secure message and get it in writing saying 1k not required
Both of these are good plans. If you have the "spend" to spare, do it, else get verbal or written confirmation that you don't need to spend the $1000. I have seen people say they were informed by TD reps that they did not need to spend $1000 for the TD Aeroplan Visa cards during a promotion that required it, yet did not get the points. But after 2-4 months of haggling and pestering TD, they finally got their points. So, I can understand why SnoopDop would go the super-pro-active route! :D
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1074 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
The td platinum is also fyf and offers 25,000 bonus points after 1k spend...how often does td allow product switches
Aug 1, 2017
19 posts
I was just in my branch and the teller said could switch my cash back card that I switched from aeroplan to the First Class card if I wanted and could get the bonus. I've only had the cash back card for just over a month. IIRC, I thought I saw somewhere with the First Class Travel Card you had to keep the card at least 3 months, so would not be eligible to switch it to another FYF product before December 3. Perhaps if you don't have a travel expense planned soon, just open a cash back card, use it for a couple months and then switch to a FCTC before December 3.

Data point for anyone that also banks with TD and got the Cashback infinite for 6% groceries and gas before they made the offer of 6% on all purchases for the first 3 months. I called them up to explain I missed the current promotion and that I would like reimbursement for the other 5% on the purchases I had made (spent around 1200). Was transferred around a bit but finally put through to a supervisor and was able to get a 50.00 credit back. Was given the one time only and it's a goodwill gesture speech. Not quite 5% but better than nothing.

Wondering if TD actually checks the credit bureau if you are a pretty good client of theirs already or they just use their own history. Would like to just apply for a First ClassTravel Visa without a hard hit
Feb 26, 2008
684 posts
622 upvotes
Surrey
johnsmithy wrote: Do you HAVE TO redeem points when you pay on Expedia for TD? Or can you apply for a credit on the booking afterwords using points? Similar to the "Book Any Way" method. I want to earn my points for my Expedia for TD booking, then apply those back to booking after the points appear in my account.
No, you don't have to redeem when you pay for it. I've never been forced to redeem my points. They also never expire.

Let me see if I am understanding your question. So you want to purchase your trip without points. Then apply the points you've earned off that purchase? If so, the points don't work this way from what I understand. You do get the points but I believe the points are given once your credit card statement is sent out. You'll still earn points on your trip purchase. You can redeem your points right off the website as it will tell you how much you have. I believe you can also set how much of it you want to redeem.

Hope this helps.
Aug 1, 2017
19 posts
I do have a few questions for anyone that has used this card previously. How long do the points take to be posted to your account? If I spent 1000.00 all within the very first statement, would the points appear on the second statement.

When redeeming with TDexpedia, if I wanted to book a hotel but my points haven't posted yet, can I still book the hotel and then use the points later against that charge when they do post?

Price matching is it only with regular Expedia? Do you fill out a form like the hotels Best Rate Guarantees or can you call TD rewards over the phone and have them price match in real time.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1258 posts
363 upvotes
Confirmed in writing with TD that $1k spend not required in QC:

Thanks for reaching out. I can certainly appreciate your interest in the offer.

I can confirm that as a Quebec resident you do not need to spend $1,000 on the account in order to receive the additional 30,000 points.

This offer is subject to your income declaration of a minimum annual personal income of $60,000 or minimum annual household income of $100,000. Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points will be awarded to the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Account only after the first Purchase is made on the Account.

To receive the additional 30,000 TD Points, you must also: (a) apply for an Account between September 5, 2017, and December 3, 2017; and (b) keep your Account open, active and good standing for 90 days after Account approval.
Oct 1, 2012
278 posts
9 upvotes
Here and there
Can the TD points be used for gift cards? I read the page on TD and it says 'Redeem3 TD Points for travel and travel-related purchases
Also redeem4 TD Points for retail merchandise and gift cards, or for a cash credit to your Account' but can anyone confirm?

I would be using the 50k points on gift cards.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1074 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
If you make a refundable booking wtih Expedia TD, redeem the points against the booking and then cancel the booking, will you effectively have a credit on your card for the value of the booking?
Last edited by cell21 on Sep 23rd, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.