Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD First Class Visa Infinite

TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 1:10 am
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
Just to confirm, transferring products such as from aeroplan to first class still nets you the 50k promo right? Has anyone done this recently?
Nov 13, 2016
424 posts
462 upvotes
Montreal
mkannuri wrote: due to hard pull and annual fee waived only for one card.
Just for data point, During my interaction with agent on recorded line, i was told that if there is already a recent Hard Pull in file (approx 15 days or so) - the agent can process another application with the same pull. Ie, if you want to apply for CB - there need not be another HP.

Again, I don't know if this is 100% accurate as the lending agents are mostly incompetent with regards to this depth. So please double check and if the agent confirms this, take note of agent's name, call time etc so that you can get it escalated and have query removed later (if they actually pull for second time despite what was conveyed to you)

When they play the automated consent memo; clearly say that you were told that existing HP will be reused.
Sharing is Caring ;) | Koodo | Amex | ATT | Fizz
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
rfdjugaad wrote: Just for data point, During my interaction with agent on recorded line, i was told that if there is already a recent Hard Pull in file (approx 15 days or so) - the agent can process another application with the same pull. Ie, if you want to apply for CB - there need not be another HP.

Again, I don't know if this is 100% accurate as the lending agents are mostly incompetent with regards to this depth. So please double check and if the agent confirms this, take note of agent's name, call time etc so that you can get it escalated and have query removed later (if they actually pull for second time despite what was conveyed to you)

When they play the automated consent memo; clearly say that you were told that existing HP will be reused.
Great suggestion juggernaut!

The 15 days may be an approximation. I've applied for 2 consecutive TD cards within 3 weeks, and the second one did not incur a new HP.

With CIBC, it's about 60 days, or so I've been told by phone-in and in-branch reps, and I truly did see it in action - when I opened the CIBC Aeroplan Visa for Business card during the year-long 20K-25K/FYF promo from April 2015 to April 2016. I applied for a new card nearly every 55 days, and the 2nd and 4th card applications did not see a HP. I even recycled one of those HPs to open a CIBC Smart Chequing account with the $300 promo. I didn't come up smelling like roses though, as all those new cards piled into my credit file one by one as new tradelines and my AAoA took a bit of a dip. :|
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1914 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
CorwinK626513 wrote: I used to be with TD. Their fees are outrageous
What fees? I have their all-inclusive account, keep a $5000 minimum and 0 fees. Including 1 credit card, $0 per year...
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1914 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
CorwinK626513 wrote: Withdraw fees,etc.
You need to explain more. I don't get dinged any fees with my account, lol. Free EMT's, unlimited transactions, free cheques.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Gonkman wrote: You would think it would but who knows. My wife got a $70ish annual fee reversal as she switched from a TD Aero to this card. I am PURPOSELY spending $1100 because of that.

No reason to give the Auto Generating Pts Computer in 3 months time to have to calculate is it REALLY over $1000.... lol.
Yah... I was given that as well, even though my aero was free. I am not sure what's up.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1915 upvotes
TO
Just applied. Good offer. It's like a 2.65% return on the min $1K spend (if you use td4expedia) or 2.12%return if redeeming via Travel your way.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
TorontoEh wrote: Just applied. Good offer. It's like a 2.65% return on the min $1K spend (if you use td4expedia) or 2.12%return if redeeming via Travel your way.
I just applied too but it gave me the message that the application can't be processed online and I need to go to a branch to apply.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Mar 26, 2007
352 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, I didn't come across this question in the thread, but if I already have the FCVSI and have the new CB card, is there anyway I can convert my new CB into another FCVSI to take advantage of this promotion? Does TD allow having two of the same credit cards under the same name??

Thanks in advance!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1915 upvotes
TO
immortal_kssss wrote: I just applied too but it gave me the message that the application can't be processed online and I need to go to a branch to apply.
Do you have a TD account? I went thru the online banking and that worked.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
TorontoEh wrote: Do you have a TD account? I went thru the online banking and that worked.
I have an access card,but I have a TD mastercard only,I signed on then I went to products then I did the application,even I didn't fill out the form except the annual income as they have already all my info.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1873 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver
I switched from CB Infinite to FCTVI within minutes. The person on the phone asked me some security questions and income, done. TD has been nice to me so far. Took advantage of the CB 6% first 3 months bonus. Now 50,000 points to collect.

I asked to confirm if I would receive the Welcome Bonus. Happily, I am eligible.
Feb 13, 2014
535 posts
299 upvotes
RFD Land
I don't know if I am just lucky but it seems they fixed the FYF Fee. The Annual Fee used to post on the last day of statement $120 and then sometime the next statement it would post the Reversal -$120..

My 2 Cards both Charge/Reversal on the last day of the 1st statement. I complained several times for the Aeropeso Cards as it was annoying. Twice I got the 1st statement for $120 to pay before I even received the card.

So far all 3 cards (2 for me and 1 for wife) have gotten the 20K Pts on 1st purchase. So all seems to going good. Need to wait till January statement and see if the 30K extra pts show up.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote: I just applied too but it gave me the message that the application can't be processed online and I need to go to a branch to apply.
I would call the TD CC centre, instead of going into a branch to resolve your online application issues (as we've discussed before, in-branch reps aren't experts on CC promos and signup problems). TD's online systems have been beset with these issues for the past few years, and we saw it often with the TD Aero Visa applications. It wouldn't matter if I logged into EasyWeb first or not, the application would crap out or would it be left in limbo. I think it was with my 7th TD Aero card's application that the TD rep told me that my listed occupation was 'slightly' different than what was on my file from previous applications (eg, instead of "Brick Layer" I had listed "Fancy Brick Layer"), so it was unable to proceed, due to the inconsistent data and possible breach of my identity!

Call first to see if they can find your application (it may have actually gone through and is stalled - ask also if your Equifax file was already hard-pulled), and then see if you truly need to go into a branch....it could very well be that this requirement to go into a branch might be a veiled way of saying "we need to SEE you with your face and ID so that you aren't trying to use someone's stolen identity".
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
BTweee wrote: Hi, I didn't come across this question in the thread, but if I already have the FCVSI and have the new CB card, is there anyway I can convert my new CB into another FCVSI to take advantage of this promotion? Does TD allow having two of the same credit cards under the same name??

Thanks in advance!
Does TD allow you to have two of the same credit card? Yes, as mentioned several times by Gonkman, myself and others in the past few pages.
Will your new CB convert to the FCT? Yes, if it has at least $5K limit. It's super quick to do with a phone-in rep, or even at an in-branch teller (but I wouldn't recommend this).
But the big question is, will the converted CB card get the FYF/50K promo? You need to get that confirmed with a rep before you proceed.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Gonkman wrote: I don't know if I am just lucky but it seems they fixed the FYF Fee. The Annual Fee used to post on the last day of statement $120 and then sometime the next statement it would post the Reversal -$120..

My 2 Cards both Charge/Reversal on the last day of the 1st statement. I complained several times for the Aeropeso Cards as it was annoying. Twice I got the 1st statement for $120 to pay before I even received the card.

So far all 3 cards (2 for me and 1 for wife) have gotten the 20K Pts on 1st purchase. So all seems to going good. Need to wait till January statement and see if the 30K extra pts show up.
You and I have been through the TD Aeroplan Visa's FYF "adventures" several times, where at times the $120 would not get rebated as a statement credit till the next month (or for some people sometimes even 2nd or 3rd month). So it's indeed a joy to see TD has ironed out their kinks in this department! :)

So far 4 of our 6 FCT cards have cycled their first statement and ALL had the $120 rebated as the very next line item in the statement. They even state that the are "PLEASED TO PROVIDE YOUR ANNUAL FEE REBATE" td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p28337448
Now THIS is the way it should have been done with the Aero Visa FYF promos, but I guess they were still cutting their teeth with this feature during the past few years.

Unlike with Amex and their FYF promos, you don't even see the annual fee at all, period, till the 13th statement upon card's anniversary! I guess the upside of TD charging the AF and then instantly rebating it, is the "bonus" your wife got when cancelling or switching out early before the year is up. We have seen this consistently since 2014. Move along, nothing to see here. :) :D :) :D
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
I had this card long time ago, the point value is different now I heard. So essentially how much does 50K point convert to cash value? $250?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
Me too. I hate phoning, but did it anyway and was approved within 10 minutes, so it was pretty easy.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
rancid82 wrote: I've had this card for a number of years now. Best rewards card for our needs. You can book your travel, stay, rental on whatever website you want. To redeem the points, all you need to do is call in to customer service and ask them to apply the credit for your travels.

Booking on Expedia for TD gets you other perks like 9 points per dollar spent on there. It racks up quick if you travel frequently or have big trips. When you book through the website, it will give you the option to redeem when you pay. It shows up as a credit on your statement. Lets say you book a $1000 trip. You will be charged the full amount. A day or so later, you'll see your redemption amount. So for this example using the $250, the -$250 will show up as a separate transaction.

Also a note on this, the more you redeem, the better the ratio of points to dollar. I can't remember what the threshold is but it should be explained on the travel rewards website. They had changed it up awhile back to encourage the points to be spent in larger quantities.
It gives you more than 2% on everything? And booking.com is always much cheaper for flights than expedia.
Last edited by ispeedca on Oct 25th, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)