Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD First Class Visa Infinite

TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 1:10 am
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
johnsmithy wrote: Do you HAVE TO redeem points when you pay on Expedia for TD? Or can you apply for a credit on the booking afterwords using points? Similar to the "Book Any Way" method. I want to earn my points for my Expedia for TD booking, then apply those back to booking after the points appear in my account.
No, you don't have to redeem when you pay for it. I've never been forced to redeem my points. They also never expire.

Let me see if I am understanding your question. So you want to purchase your trip without points. Then apply the points you've earned off that purchase? If so, the points don't work this way from what I understand. You do get the points but I believe the points are given once your credit card statement is sent out. You'll still earn points on your trip purchase. You can redeem your points right off the website as it will tell you how much you have. I believe you can also set how much of it you want to redeem.

Hope this helps.
Aug 1, 2017
21 posts
I do have a few questions for anyone that has used this card previously. How long do the points take to be posted to your account? If I spent 1000.00 all within the very first statement, would the points appear on the second statement.

When redeeming with TDexpedia, if I wanted to book a hotel but my points haven't posted yet, can I still book the hotel and then use the points later against that charge when they do post?

Price matching is it only with regular Expedia? Do you fill out a form like the hotels Best Rate Guarantees or can you call TD rewards over the phone and have them price match in real time.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1678 posts
585 upvotes
Confirmed in writing with TD that $1k spend not required in QC:

Thanks for reaching out. I can certainly appreciate your interest in the offer.

I can confirm that as a Quebec resident you do not need to spend $1,000 on the account in order to receive the additional 30,000 points.

This offer is subject to your income declaration of a minimum annual personal income of $60,000 or minimum annual household income of $100,000. Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points will be awarded to the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Account only after the first Purchase is made on the Account.

To receive the additional 30,000 TD Points, you must also: (a) apply for an Account between September 5, 2017, and December 3, 2017; and (b) keep your Account open, active and good standing for 90 days after Account approval.
Oct 1, 2012
314 posts
12 upvotes
Here and there
Can the TD points be used for gift cards? I read the page on TD and it says 'Redeem3 TD Points for travel and travel-related purchases
Also redeem4 TD Points for retail merchandise and gift cards, or for a cash credit to your Account' but can anyone confirm?

I would be using the 50k points on gift cards.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1120 posts
199 upvotes
Ottawa
If you make a refundable booking wtih Expedia TD, redeem the points against the booking and then cancel the booking, will you effectively have a credit on your card for the value of the booking?
Last edited by cell21 on Sep 23rd, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 17, 2016
173 posts
31 upvotes
It seems to me that you only need to keep the account active for 90 days to get the extra 30000 points without having to spend 1000 bucks:

Apply by December 3, 2017 to get a full Annual Fee rebate21 for the Primary Cardholder for the first year and up to 50,000 TD Points as follows:
Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points when you make your first Purchase with your Card1
Plus
30,000 TD Points when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval1

The above is copy pasted from this link:
https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banki ... ex-quebec/

What did I miss?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1678 posts
585 upvotes
duwangren wrote: It seems to me that you only need to keep the account active for 90 days to get the extra 30000 points without having to spend 1000 bucks:

Apply by December 3, 2017 to get a full Annual Fee rebate21 for the Primary Cardholder for the first year and up to 50,000 TD Points as follows:
Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points when you make your first Purchase with your Card1
Plus
30,000 TD Points when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval1

The above is copy pasted from this link:
https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banki ... ex-quebec/

What did I miss?
For QC only. See couple of posts up, I confirmed with TD.
Other parts of Canada needs 1k spend.
Jul 21, 2010
329 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
stockboy88 wrote: Yeah I don't agree with that. Getting a $250 travel credit after only $1000 spend = 25% equivalent CB. You have to spend $4200 on the new CB card @ 6% to get that type of reward. I guess if you don't plan to travel within the next year yeah get the CB card.
you're not comparing apples to apples. the $250 promo is only one-time promo. After that your return is significantly diminished....
Aug 17, 2016
173 posts
31 upvotes
wra45mon wrote: For QC only. See couple of posts up, I confirmed with TD.
Other parts of Canada needs 1k spend.
Thanks. I should take the advantage of this then.
Dec 21, 2010
229 posts
170 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Here is my thoughts about maximizing % return

- if I book on Expedia For TD - I am getting 4.5% return
- If I use my TD visa 1st class card (1.5% return) and book on Expedia.ca through ebates.ca - I am getting 1.5% on travel+4% ebates on Expedia.ca = 5.5% return

I do understand that ebates gives
4.0% Cash Back on Concluded Hotel (Paid in person at Hotel) Stay
1.5% Cash Back on Concluded Expedia Hotel (Pre-Paid online)

Please advise what is the point to use Expedia For TD with 4.5% when I can get 5.5% booking through normal Expedia.ca+applying ebates!
https://www.ebates.ca/coupons/expedia-ca
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
savinmy wrote: Here is my thoughts about maximizing % return

- If I use my TD visa 1st class card (1.5% return) and book on Expedia.ca through ebates.ca - I am getting 1.5% on travel+4% ebates on Expedia.ca = 5.5% return

Please advise what is the point to use Expedia For TD with 4.5% when I can get 5.5% booking through normal Expedia.ca+applying ebates!
Convenience?

plus, it's not 4% on everything, especially flights. It's $1.25 CAD (not even 1.25%) on eBates
Imagine booking say $1000 flight and you get $45 from Expedia4TD vs. $2 CAD from eBates only...
2.5% Cash Back on Expedia Activities
2.0% Cash Back on Expedia Packages
1.5% Cash Back on Concluded Car Hire
$25.00 Cash Back on All Inclusive Resorts & Pre-Packaged Vacations
$1.25 Cash Back on Concluded Expedia Airfare
0% on Cruises
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Apr 27, 2016
110 posts
84 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Hey G.

For this card promo, PQ residents are exempt from meeting the $1K spending requirement.
Thank you! - from a Quebec resident!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
2056 posts
1312 upvotes
savinmy wrote: Here is my thoughts about maximizing % return

Ebates, from time to time, has promotion of 8% on hotel stays. I have gotten 8% a couple of times. You also get cashback from expedia.ca as well regardless whether you are using TD or not.
Dec 21, 2010
229 posts
170 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
tkddad wrote: Ebates, from time to time, has promotion of 8% on hotel stays. I have gotten 8% a couple of times. You also get cashback from expedia.ca as well regardless whether you are using TD or not.
Does it mean if I book my trip on Expedia for TD I could still use ebates same as for expedia.ca and collect my reward points from expedia.ca?
I do not think so

I made a conclusion that this card is COLD and does not worth applying for if you want to use it for Expedia booking.

It should be used mainly for booking on Expedia.ca with ebates and collecting expedia+ points at the same time for maximizing your cashback return.
This TD card is COLD as ICE and expedia killed it starting your own point program which is decent
https://www.expedia.ca/rewards/howitworks

1. If you use your VISA booking through "Expedia For TD" you will get 4.5% max
2. If you use your VISA booking through Expedia.ca and Ebates.ca you will get 1.5% (Visa) + 4-8% (ebates) + appx 1.4% (Expedia+ points) = 6.9-10.9%
3. If you use any other card (like AMEX Gold reward with 2% travel return or my Rogers cashback 1.75%) booking through Expedia.ca and Ebates.ca you will get 1.75-2% + 4-8% (ebates) + 1.4% (Expedia+ points) = 7.4-11.4%

from td official website
What's the difference between Expedia.ca and Expedia For TD?
ExpediaForTD.com is a website exclusively available to TD Credit Cardholders who earn TD Points. It offers the same travel available on Expedia.ca with the added benefit that travel purchases made through the site earn TD Points fast Expedia For TD is also accessible by phone!

UPDATED! I decided to get it as part of 300$ promo for new customers+ 250$ bonus for card itself
When you open TD all-inclusive plan 120$ fee will be waived
Plus this card has Trip Cancellation which I do need
As a free card it is not bad at all with all aggressive promo TD has (bonus 550$)
Last edited by savinmy on Sep 24th, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 21, 2010
229 posts
170 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
TD has an 1 time amnesty for us!

Can I earn TD Points by booking through Expedia.ca?
No, you can earn TD Points only when booking travel through ExpediaForTD.com. However, if you accidentally book travel through Expedia.ca, we offer a one-time “amnesty.” You can call us at 1-800-983-1043, and we will issue your TD Points. Please note that this is a one-time exception only, and any future travel purchases made via Expedia.ca won’t be eligible to earn TD Points.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
It's not the best-at-everything card, no card is.

We sign up for the big welcome bonus
I love it for 4.5% return on FLIGHTS (I don't book hotels that often as I have points or Airbnb)

Everyone's need or valuation is different

Nobody can beat it on flights , not ebates nor GCR
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Jun 18, 2013
313 posts
119 upvotes
Has anyone been able to take advantage of this if you're already an existing cardholder?
May 30, 2017
800 posts
540 upvotes
does anyone know if aeroplan points are more worth it than td points? I got a welcome bonus of 25,000 aeroplan points and i can travel to toronto and save about 500$ using 25,000 aeroplan points
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
lemonsherbert wrote: I do have a few questions for anyone that has used this card previously. How long do the points take to be posted to your account? If I spent 1000.00 all within the very first statement, would the points appear on the second statement.

When redeeming with TDexpedia, if I wanted to book a hotel but my points haven't posted yet, can I still book the hotel and then use the points later against that charge when they do post?

Price matching is it only with regular Expedia? Do you fill out a form like the hotels Best Rate Guarantees or can you call TD rewards over the phone and have them price match in real time.

Thanks
I believe the points are after the cut off date for the billing cycle. You should see it on your statement when you receive it. Top right hand corner there is a line that reads points earned this period. Or something along those lines.

Not sure if you can book and the redeem later. You'd have to call them and ask them. I suppose if you are a couple of days away from the billing cycle cut off date, you could.

They still have the price guarantee with TD Rewards. If you find a lower price, let them know with the link or direct them there on the call and they'll credit your account. The customer reps have been good with it.
Dec 21, 2010
229 posts
170 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
This card with 4.5% with booking through "expedia for TD" is useless

Today cash back at expedia.ca on ebates

Cash Back Terms
10% Cash Back on Cruise
6% Cash Back on Hotels
3.5% Cash Back on Activities
2.0% Cash Back on Package
1.5% Cash Back on Car
$1.25 Cash Back on Air

If I use my AMEX Gold rewards with 2% cash back for hotel booking --- 2(Amex)+6%(ebates)+1.4%(expedia points)=9.4%
If I use this VISA -- it is only 4.5% (if you book at Expedia for TD site)

9.4% vs 4.5%!