Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5435 posts
1976 upvotes

TD Infinite Aeroplan Visa transferring miles to Aeroplan

Anybody else noticing that it takes a long time before miles hit your aeroplan account. Other credit cards seem to be much quicker.

I called and asked and it looks like one system had my aeroplan # while another system didn't, and that likely held it back for a month or so.

I should be getting my 3rd statement mid Jan so hopefully I will get the miles in my aeroplan account soon after.
7 replies
Jul 15, 2012
303 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'd switch to the TD First Class Travel Visa if i was you...
Sep 10, 2006
333 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
after signing up, I noticed that the points were transferred to my aeroplan account about 2 days after the statement arrived.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6531 posts
6442 upvotes
All of the Aeroplan credit cards work the same way (CIBC, TD, AMEX)...you wait for the card statement to cycle. You see the points on the statement. The points then post to Aeroplan that same night, the next night, or at the most 2 days later. There are no 'QUICKER' Aeroplan-associated cards that I'm aware of. Which cards are you referring to?

If you mean like earning points that are part of the issuing card company's own program, then of course those can post immediately (after the spend txn posts online), such as the Amex Membership Rewards. But, then you have cards such as the BMO World Elite MC, where the points don't post to the BMO Rewards account until a statement is cycled. It all varies.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5435 posts
1976 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: All of the Aeroplan credit cards work the same way (CIBC, TD, AMEX)...you wait for the card statement to cycle. You see the points on the statement. The points then post to Aeroplan that same night, the next night, or at the most 2 days later. There are no 'QUICKER' Aeroplan-associated cards that I'm aware of. Which cards are you referring to?
If you mean like earning points that are part of the issuing card company's own program, then of course those can post immediately (after the spend txn posts online), such as the Amex Membership Rewards. But, then you have cards such as the BMO World Elite MC, where the points don't post to the BMO Rewards account until a statement is cycled. It all varies.
My amex aeroplan and cibc aeroplan cards deposited the air miles into my aeroplan account at about the same time I get my statement. With TD, I will be getting my 3rd statement in mid Jan and my wife gets her 3rd statement 3rd week of Jan and neither of our aeroplan miles have hit our aeroplan accounts yet. We spent the required $1,000 within 2 weeks of receiving the card. I was hoping those air miles would move me up to the next distinction level but it's too late now.

Delay may be due to TD's mix up of our aeroplan numbers. They had it in one system but not in another. I will wait for my 3rd statements and then call them if it's still not in our aeroplan accounts.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6531 posts
6442 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: My amex aeroplan and cibc aeroplan cards deposited the air miles into my aeroplan account at about the same time I get my statement. With TD, I will be getting my 3rd statement in mid Jan and my wife gets her 3rd statement 3rd week of Jan and neither of our aeroplan miles have hit our aeroplan accounts yet. We spent the required $1,000 within 2 weeks of receiving the card. I was hoping those air miles would move me up to the next distinction level but it's too late now.

Delay may be due to TD's mix up of our aeroplan numbers. They had it in one system but not in another. I will wait for my 3rd statements and then call them if it's still not in our aeroplan accounts.
Ahh, so it appears that your problem is that TD screwed up your cards's link to your existing Aeroplan account number, which you input during your application.

Look at your statement. It shows you the Aeroplan number that is attached to the card. It appears that TD ignored your existing Aero number and created a new one for you. This is a well lamented issue for many new card applicants, just look through the pages of any of the 3 or 4 threads that are ongoing, discussing the TD Aero Visa cads.

You need to contact TD and/or Aeroplan to help you move the points from the wrong account into your existing account. Perhaps they will back-date the points to Dec and give you the Distinction status anyway. Mention it, but that may be asking for too much. Good luck..
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5435 posts
1976 upvotes
Yeah, I called them after I received the 2nd statement and aeroplan miles still hitting my aeroplan account yet which is when I found out that they had my aeroplan # in one system but not in another system.

Hopefully, they will have it straighten out next week when 3rd statement comes around. Good thing I am not in a rush to use my aeroplan miles. Still have to do some serious research to see how I can make use of them (~200k) either flying AC metal or another airline where misc fees are so outrageous like AC's. Haven't had time to read FlyerTalk yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)