• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2020 11:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5707 posts
739 upvotes

TD minimum chequing - no more fee waived

Got a letter from TD this past week, they will be removing the monthly account fee rebate feature on TD minimum chequing account as of early March 2020.

Currently, you need 2000 minimum balance to get the fee of 3.95 waived. To get free banking, you will need to move up to the 10.95 package and require 3000 min balance to waive the monthly fee.

Will upload letter later -attached
Images
  • 20200119_213727.jpg
  • 20200119_213736.jpg
Last edited by tomtomtom on Jan 19th, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
150 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3327 posts
1417 upvotes
Canada
How soon until the $10.95 account is eliminated too?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8531 posts
3938 upvotes
Markham
Wait other banks follow
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27738 posts
12815 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same type of account but I have not received any Td letter.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
777 upvotes
centre of universe
tomtomtom wrote: Got a letter from TD this past week, they will be removing the monthly account fee rebate feature on TD minimum chequing account as of early March 2020.

Currently, you need 2000 minimum balance to get the fee of 3.95 waived. To get free banking, you will need to move up to the 10.95 package and require 3000 min balance to waive the monthly fee.

Will upload letter later
Yeah. I received that letter too. !@#$ TDCanada.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
New Mantra for idiots Just ask RFD before searching answers anywhere.
Jan 11, 2020
143 posts
122 upvotes
Fredericton
All inclusive plan affected? I hope they don't move the threshold from 5k...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
777 upvotes
centre of universe
ADenariusSaved wrote: All inclusive plan affected? I hope they don't move the threshold from 5k...
Here is info

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/document/ ... 513796.pdf
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
New Mantra for idiots Just ask RFD before searching answers anywhere.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1498 posts
1090 upvotes
Toronto
ADenariusSaved wrote: Thanks! Looks untouched. Yeah, wonder how they can keep crapifying their services with all these free services around like Simplii, Tangerine, EQ etc...
Seems silly at this point to have any chequing account besides the All Inclusive because of all the perks including waiving TD credit card annual fee. I used to have Scotia regular chequing account and now love all the perks associated with the Scotia Ultimate Package chequing account. I'm addicted to having an ATM and branch close by.
Sep 6, 2009
594 posts
221 upvotes
How does one fund TD Waterhouse accounts electronically if chequing account is closed? I would love to close the chequing account with this increase.
Jan 11, 2020
143 posts
122 upvotes
Fredericton
dadizhu wrote: How does one fund TD Waterhouse accounts electronically if chequing account is closed? I would love to close the chequing account with this increase.
I load my discount brokerage accounts through a bill payment at any of my bank accounts...You just won't get the instant transfer though that you'd enjoy at TD (it takes 1-2 business days instead). Sometimes it's worth having chequing for the automation, if you use the eFund route.
Jan 11, 2020
143 posts
122 upvotes
Fredericton
Bull Dog wrote: Seems silly at this point to have any chequing account besides the All Inclusive because of all the perks including waiving TD credit card annual fee. I used to have Scotia regular chequing account and now love all the perks associated with the Scotia Ultimate Package chequing account. I'm addicted to having an ATM and branch close by.
Yeah, I also get a discount on a safety deposit box. I don't like leaving 5k idle and on hold but I do use their services quite a bit...I think it generates a typical savings account interest rate in rewards but it is untaxed...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5707 posts
739 upvotes
ADenariusSaved wrote: Thanks! Looks untouched. Yeah, wonder how they can keep crapifying their services with all these free services around like Simplii, Tangerine, EQ etc...
The big 5 banks differentiate themselves by having a physical presence. As long as this doesn't change, fees will stay and go up.

A physical branch can offer SDB, money order on-the-spot and many more. For myself, I have moved to tangerine and kept the minimum account for quick cash access, money order, sdb and TD warehouse.

Without much choice, I will park another 1k and move up to 10.95 plan
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3325 posts
610 upvotes
I was told that the TD All Inclusive plan is not being touched - well for the moment.